Kalapiti Luxury Jungle Suites
Hotel El Jardin(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
USD 70
  • Pool
Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
USD 85
Proyecto Lodge(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
USD 35
Cabinas Mar y Cielo(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
USD 60
Hotel Aurora(Montezuma)
USD 68
Luna Llena Hotel(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
USD 29
Priceline
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfresh baked breadpaellaoutdoor kitchenturkish bathyogurtfantastic villastayed upstairstroop of howler monkeysevery morningspecial propertygorgeous bathroomthe ownertile workcosta ricaspread outpura vidamal pais
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Kalapiti is a beautiful place. We had the whole place to ourselves. It rained for 22 straight hours one day, thank goodness we had such a beautiful place to spread out and enjoy the jungle!

Loved the breakfast fixings and fresh croissants each day!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
DeliciasMontezuma, Propietario at Kalapiti Luxury Jungle Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear customer.
Thanks a lot for your comment.
Unfortunately at rain season, it can happen. But as you said Kalapiti has space enough to enjoy your stay. In that case, our Turkish bath or receive a professional massage at the villa is the best option. It was a real pleasure having you at Kalapiti. Thank you very much for your kindness. Please, don´t forget the way back to Kalapiti, your hidden treasure in paradise :-)

Reviewed 30 June 2017

I can't say enough wonderful things about this beautiful resort. This is my 4th time in Costa Rica and I think this is my favorite rental yet. And, I hate to admit it, but I'm pretty picky places I stay and this place absolutely exceeded my expectations... even after reading all the positive reviews. I'd like to write a few things that I think might help a future traveler.
Things we loved -
-- Super clean. Like the person who cleans the place really cares about the place and has attention to detail.
-- Lots of wildlife to be seen right on the grounds. Howler monkeys, iguanas, mini frogs, hummingbirds, coconut eating squirrel looking guy. So much without evening having to try.
--Really nicely constructed home. The woodwork and tile work is really great. Lots of thought was put into everything. For example, lots of accessible electric outlets, closets that light up, blackout curtains, hot water with a great shower head.
--When we arrived, there were refreshments, fruit, and bread ready for us.
--Away from the hustle/bustle of Montezuma beach.
--Excellent air conditioning
--Comfortable beds

Some things you'll want to know before you arrive (especially if it's your first time in Costa Rica)
--You drive through unpaved, unmarked roads to get there. Arrive in the daytime.
--It's a 10 minute ride through unpaved roads to get to Montezuma beach. And that's okay.
--Internet inside the home is intermittent.
-- This place consists of two buildings - the owners home (hidden and away from your unit) and the vacation rental. The vacation rental has 2 units to rent - the smaller upstairs unit and he larger downstairs unit. I was in the downstairs unit. There is a beautiful and clean outdoor kitchen to share, a large patio upstairs and swimming patio downstairs, a large beautiful outdoor dining table, and a 25 yard pool and water slide.

We definitely want to come back and next time we will bring another family to stay in the other unit.

Thank you, Miguel, for a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: We were a family of 4 and had plenty of room in the downstairs unit.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed the last three days of our journey through Costa Rica at Kalapiti. It is an outstanding place to be that is designed with a lot of love to detail. It is beautiful kind of Gaudi/Arabian style Villa - which is not surprise when you know that the owners are from Catalonia.

The Villa has two suites - Sol y Luna. We booked Sol (the smaller one upstairs) which is very spacious for a family with a gorgeous bathroom that features a jacuzzi. As we were the only guests we had the whole place for us.

Incredible is the water slide from the first floor terrace (their are three terraces!) that is really fun. The pool is 15 meters long and features a tower with a jacuzzi and a small waterfall. On the second terrace their is a sauna that we did not try. The Villa is surrounded by a beautiful garden - we saw even howler monkeys in the garden!

The Villa has also its own kitchen that we used for salads and simple dishes. Every morning Miguel the owner provides the included breakfast with delicious homemade croissants, jam and yoghurt.

For lunch or dinner you can ask to be delivered with meals or we drove to Montezuma (about 10min.). You can also go to the area of Mal Pais that is about 30min.

We like boutique hotels and outstanding places - Kalapiti is now one of our favourites. Kalapiti we enjoyed a lot and recommend it highly.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
DeliciasMontezuma, Propietario at Kalapiti Luxury Jungle Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Dear family.
I am so glad to know that you really enjoyed Kalapiti. We put heart and soul on Kalapiti and we are so happy when our customers appreciate.
Thanks a lot for your description. I would not have done better.
We are here to serve you anytime and I hope we can attend you on your next vivit to Montezuma.
Thanks again and take care.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

We read many of the reviews before booking and now I understand why everyone has been so positive about Kalapiti. My wife and I have stayed at many five star resorts and Kalapiti stacks up with them. Miguel greeted us upon our arrival and from that moment on we felt like part of his family. The pictures and description were all spot on (although the pictures don't capture the warmth of Miguel and the property). We had our 12 and 10 year old sons with us and they also had a wonderful time. The pool and slide were amazing. Miguel spoiled us with fresh bread daily and was there to answer questions about the local area. My wife is a professional photographer and spent hours and hours walking the grounds and the area taking pictures (including some entertaining monkeys). There is plenty to see and do in the area but it's also nice to just hang out at the resort and enjoy the peace. We will definitely be going back to Kalapiti. One final piece of advice...flying into Tambor from San Jose was a piece of cake and saved us hours of driving.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
DeliciasMontezuma, Propietario at Kalapiti Luxury Jungle Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Dear family
I am so glad to listen about you. Thanks a lot for your comment.
It was a pleasure having you at Kalapiti and definitely we will be waiting for your return :-)
I hope Stacy arrives home, with the new member, with out inconveniences.
I can imagine how lucky is Flynn :-)
A big hug

Reviewed 3 April 2017

We couldn't agree with coolsack and the other reviewers more! Kalipiti is more beautiful and serene than even the photos suggest, and that's saying a lot! We went with another couple and were just amazed by the combination of luxury and comfort. Every detail was lovingly designed to meld into the jungle that Miguel and Piti have re-created on their property. You are literally at eye level with the howler monkeys and tropical birds in the trees that surround the villa. Every morning Miguel arrives with fresh bread or croissants, homemade yogurt, granola, preserves and fruit from the property. The pool, big enough to swim laps, and waterslide were awesome! We are already planning our return visit!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
DeliciasMontezuma, Propietario at Kalapiti Luxury Jungle Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Dear Susan
Thanks a lot for your words.You are so kind. I am so glad to know that you really enjoyed our dream come true.
Since now, we will be waiting for your return. You know that we are here to serve you anytime.