“stunning.”
Make Enquiry
Excellent
pool
costa rica feb 073
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Peter C
Los Angeles, California
“stunning.”
Reviewed 12 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016

My wife and I spent a week here in early 2016.

We both work in design, and she comes from a family of architects... I don't know if that makes us any more qualified than your average person to judge how liveable a space is but I will say that your place is very cool and very impressive. I've made it my little hobby these past years tracking architecturally interesting spaces around the world where we can go on vacation, and we've stayed in some pretty cool spots across Spain, Germany, Scandinavia... of all those, Lunatica is my favorite by far. It's a really special place and some of the details are just incredibly smart and well picked. Also, Belen and the staff were great.

For fans of white minimalism, the house is an exciting and audacious execution of the style. The views, especially from the pool, are sweeping, ambitious, exciting. The interior spaces are grand and high, featuring beautifully executed geometric designs. What makes the place special though is that design never overwhelms the fact it must become a home, a nice place to be. The texture of the materials is tactile and nice to the touch, the spaces are playful and inviting, the use of light is well thought out and makes the everyday experience of being there easy and pleasurable.

Massive congratulations to the architect, it's a very special place, we're already planning a return visit

Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
MikeLudin
Palm Springs, California
“Awesone is not enough to describe this slice of paradise”
Reviewed 6 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

Oh my, this place is P-A-R-A-D-I-S-E! I don’t think there are words to describe the glory of this home. Certainly the pictures are nice but you have to experience it to know how fabulous Lunatica Lounge is. When greeted by Belen, Giovanni and Sucretia you know from the start anything you need, if available, will be there soon.. Need some quality beef? Belen is on it. Want a red snapper caught that morning but don’t want to go get it at dawn – Belen is on it. Dinner reservations, ideas for activities? All was readily available. Fresh chocolate croissants with breakfast, Giovanni is happy to go pick them up; clothes cleaned, Sucretia does it effortlessly so you have no idea it is being done. Our family was extremely comfortable, sated and we spent a week luxuriating at this classy and casual villa. WI-fi worked flawlessly. Music on ‘air’ devices worked flawlessly. The A/C, pool, and kitchen worked flawlessly. The view is phenomenal. The areas for massage, yoga, reading and relaxing were all private when needed, cozy when wanted and with a view we have never before experienced. If I had one complaint, it was at some point we had to leave and that was a drag. I have rented places all over the world, none have gone as well and exceeded my expectations as Ralf has in handling our reservation, delivering a luxurious vacation rental, staffed appropriately! Thanks, we hope to be back!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Wi fi, view, comfort and staff well all superb
Liked least: having to leave after two weeks
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
PA

Reviewed 10 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

San Antonio
Reviewed 5 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing