“Great place, great experience, great people!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montezuma
Montezuma Beach Houses
Reviewed 20 July 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed in the treehouse for 4 nights in July and loved it. It is a perfect location and a quick easy walk to town but I found it lovely to be just out of town. It was incredibly quiet and the grounds keepers were wonderful. They were there to help if we needed anything but we never heard them. One day when we were swimming in the beautiful pool, Oldemar (the grounds keeper) got us a coconut that had just fallen. It was fun to watch him hack into it with a machete and a big smile on his face. We got to see Oldemar and his wife Gisita (sp? the groundkeepers) on occasion playing with their beautiful 3 year old daughter which just added to how great the place felt.

From the initial booking of the property, the owner was very responsive and helpful. She made things really easy which was great.

We stayed in the treehouse in the room farthest from the entrance and it was a bit noisy a few of the nights because of a big storm that was coming through. However, when you get woken up to the sounds of rain, waves and monkeys...there really is not much to worry about.

The highlight of this place for us was the outdoor kitchen with everything we needed in it. We loved to cook there and sit and enjoy the view while we ate our meals.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at the treehouse and would definitely come back.

Room Tip: If its raining stay in the room closest to the door as it is much quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 March 2011

We, 3 couples stayed in the beach villa in Feb. After corresponding with the owners for several months, who answered all my questions and were very helpful we finally arrived. The beach villa has 2 upstairs bedrooms modest but very nice each with their own bath and balcony. The linens were nice and there was plenty of storage and closet space. The downstairs bedroom had air conditioning and a computer w/ internet. We found the kitchen area to have everything we needed to prepare meals. The pool was great and went spend a lot of time around it and in the outdoor porches. The views from the house are beautiful the ocean is a a few steps away. I loved hearing the waves at night. The proximity of the house to the town is great close enough to walk, but just enough away to feel secluded. The staff at the house were helpful and sweet Having laundry available was a great help and made packing for the trip easier. There is a 1/2 bath, pool side and was very convient while lounging by the pool. My only complaint is the house could use a little TLC and attention to details. I would return without hesitation. Enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 December 2010

We came out last April with a group of friends, most of our group stayed in the Treehouse... my boyfriend and I stayed in one of the lock-off units above the main house. Our room was incredible! It wasn't intended as a romantic getaway, but the room really did encourage that sentiment - beautiful woodwork, cathedral ceilings, canopy bed, crashing waves right outside our window. The view from the deck was awesome, looking straight out towards the beach, literally just a hop skip and a jump. The groundskeepers do a magnificent job with the landscaping; we were surrounded by luscious tropical plants, flowers and fruit trees... watching the wild monkeys was really a treat! We enjoyed the pool and often had time to chat with the owners (who couldn't have been more accommodating!).

The location is great... it feels secluded and away from reality without actually being more than a 5 minute walk from town!

I would absolutely return and hope to soon!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2010

I stayed at Montezuma Beach Houses as a part of the accommodation for the Peaks n Swells Surf Camp and I loved it. The location was was incredibly perfect. Montezuma Beach Houses sits right on the beach, its private location and peaceful atmosphere allowed me to relax into beach life immediately. I enjoyed the very short walk to town each morning and night to go surfing. If you want the calming ocean waves and fresh air to put you to sleep at night, then I would highly recommend Montezuma Beach houses. Also, if you get a chance to check out the Peaks n Swells Surf Camp at the same time, I guarantee you will want to stay forever!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2010

Our family stayed at the Beach House the week of Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful time. The property is located right next to the beach. The beach in front had safe waves for the kids to boogie board. A good surfing beach was within walking distance. We had a kitchen in the house to use, so we did not have to eat out for every meal. The grounds were beautiful. The owners, Karen and George, were very nice and gave us information about restaurants and activities in the area. Montezuma is a clean, safe town with good shopping and restaurants. We are already talking about when we can go back to visit.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family