“Great trip for the family.”

SunTrails Montezuma Waterfall Canopy Tour
Ranked #8 of 17 Tours in Montezuma
More attraction details
Owner description: WATERFALLS ZIP LINE TOURS The canopy consists of a series of 9 cables, 13 platforms that are suspended high above the forest floor. While on the canopy tour you will see a number of plants and animals unique to Costa Rica, possibly including howler and white-faced monkeys, parrots, iguanas and much more. During the tour we stop at the famous waterfalls where you can take pictures and go for a swim in the pools carved by the cascading waters. After that we´ll stop in Montezuma, so you can have some time to shop and look around.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

A really fun zip line course for the family with teen and preteen children. Not scary but fun. The waterfall area is nice. But....remember.....what goes down must come up. The hike back up to the platform to return to the start is vigorous. Fine for people that are relatively fit and kids. The guides are great and fun. I always felt that my children and I were very safe. Kids LOVED it.

1  Thank ROBINA35791
in 17 reviews
"waterfall"
in 74 reviews

Reviewed 20 March 2018

We followed a recommendation to take the trail to the Upper Montezuma Waterfall. Admission was inexpensive. The trail was a simple dirt trail with a few bridges over small ravines. A couple of suspension bridges near the beginning of the trail felt safe but were not spectacular. A pleasant way to see the forest on the way to the waterfalls, but not necessarily a place I would go out of my way to seek out. We did not do any of the ziplining.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

This is an experience of a lifetime! The guides are wonderful, the sights are fantastic and the zip lining is exhilarating. I WILL caution that there are MANY uphill treks on man-made paths/steps that require physical fitness. We are middle aged, were certainly able to manage, but it took an unexpected amount of physical fitness. The guides will give you plenty of time to rest and catch breath, just be aware this requires exertion. Absolutely worth the time and effort.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

I have always talked about going on a zip line tour but never was serious about it until now. Family visited for the first time and wanted to do something completely different, so we went zip lining! Wow! We had so much fun! The first couple of platforms were a bit scary but as the tour came to the end, we were going faster and it was so much fun! I would go again at the drop of a hat!!
The price was right, the guides were fun, had a sense of humor and were very helpful and safety is their most important aspect of the tour.
The stairs down to the waterfall pools are great going down but coming back up was a bit of a grind. The howler monkeys were along one of the last zip lines and they howled at us all as we passed them.
If you are afraid of heights, just don't look down when you are on the platforms and just watch for each platform ahead of you as you speed along.