See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Aqua vista is 5 star from the owners to the room great costa rican feel your in a jungle you get to see many animals Aka monkeys private pool overlooking the pacific rooms are very clean full kitchen better then any other hotel I stayed in

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stayed at Casa Cariblanca in Agua Vista for 3 nights and absolutely loved it so much I ate a cancellation fee in Manuel Antonio and stayed another night. I can only say great things about the place. Great location probably a mile off the beach, gorgeous villa right in the middle of the jungle. Nice pool. Can't stay at this place without mentioning the superb hosts Khalida and Alex, really nice people. I get there and I mention I need a computer, they hand me their laptop for the duration of my stay, stuff like that. Personally I loved our deck. The kids took turns on the hammock, it was great to just hang out there at night listening to the sounds and smells of the jungle. On the grounds there was a nice hiking trail that led to a waterfall, my kids and I had a ton of fun hiking and swimming in that. This place is also extremely affordable, tremendous value. By the way we also loved the city of Montezuma, really good restaurants, not a super large city but fun to walk around.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2011

With all of the places we have stayed at throughout central American, Hawaii and the lower 48 this place rises above the rest. We stayed in the " budget" bungalow and it couldant have been better. Our shower was basically open to the jungle and we could often see monkeys in the neighboring trees. Although small the room had everything we needed except perhaps an ice tray or something silly like that. We took a walk down to the small river as soon as we got there and had a private jungle swimming hole all to ourselves, what a nice way to check-in. The owners were nice and we met the kids who showed us how they feed the monkeys and how you should watch your fruit if they are present, lol some really great times. The pool although shared by the on-site owners was a great place to relax after hiking and beach combing all day. Our next hotel was a Bali inspired high end resort with a much bigger price tag and rave reviews, all and all we would have rather skipped this overhyped location and stayed a few more nights at Aqua Vista, we will be back !

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed in the bamboo bungalow for three nights in beautiful Agua Vista. Alex and Khalida were more than accommodating from the moment they greeted us to seeing us off. We had everything we needed. Wild life all around, butterflies, a pool that looks out to infinity. Our only regret was that we couldn't stay longer!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Our stay in Agua Vista was amazing. It's located in the middle of the rainforest. There's monkey's and beautiful birds everywhere. There was even paths to the waterfalls which were right behind the house. They had everything you needed like wi-fi and all the kitchen appliances. They even handed us a laptop which we used during the stay. If I came back to Costa Rica, I would definately stay in Agua Vista.

• Stayed: August 2011