All reviews the main road national park pool area and breakfast no wifi in the rooms costa rica bus stop the location is perfect breakfast was delicious manuel antonio park restaurants within walking distance el avion short drive small pool howler monkeys mandarine lorena quepos
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the “apartment” for a few nights. It is spacious and brightly decorated. It can be noisy at night due to the live music at a nearby bar. The other rooms are probably quieter. Staff are very friendly. Breakfasts are good. Interior courtyard is beautiful and peaceful. Best thing about hotel is it’s location with restaurants, supermarket, bank and bus line right there.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
tangerineTangerine, Director de Recepción at Hotel Mandarina, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thank you so much for your comments.
It was a pleasure for us to be at your service !
We hope to see you again someday in the near future.
Kind regards from all the staff

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Nice property, the room was pleasant and clean. Mattress was a little thin and hard, luckily I prefer a firmer bed. Staff are very friendly, location is close to several good restaurants and a bus stop for easy access to the beach and rainforest. Breakfast was good in the mornings. Public space WiFi worked fine in my room near the pool area.

The pool was cloudy and opaque green as of early March, don’t recommend getting in it until they fix.

You can get a more luxurious hotel in this area for twice the price (or more) but I recommend this place at the $100/night price point.

Stayed: March 2018
tangerineTangerine, Director de Recepción at Hotel Mandarina, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Thanks so much for tne review-
All the feedback is more than welcome to help us improve our service
The pool is working properly. There was an issue one day when the product that we usually buy form our provider did not arrived on time (due to a strike ) and the quality of the product we were able to find in town was of a lesser quality. We apologize for that-
All our staff strive to get better every day and make our guests stay a pleasant one-
Thanks for giving us the chance to be at your service.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel has seen better times. Everything is old and tired. The photographs are from many years ago. All glamour is gone. One can have a good stay at this place but a pricd above $100 is not reasonable. The breakfast is very good served by very kind ladies. The tropical setting is very nice. The room is strangly layout and very old with tempory fixes. We will not return.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
tangerineTangerine, Director de Recepción at Hotel Mandarina, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Thanks for your comment.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion and we appreciatte and value them all
We are proud and honoured to have many satisfied and repeat guests . The staff works hard to improver every day and provide the best service we can-

Kind regards

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

The people at the hotel were helpful and nice. The room was clean, cozy and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and prepare you for a day full of adventures. The location is awesome, the bus stops are almost in front of the hotel, the parking lot inside the amenities is safe. The pool size, the balcony and all the trees sorrounding the hotel creates an exquisite and private environment.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
tangerineTangerine, Director de Recepción at Hotel Mandarina, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Thanks for your review !
We are so pleased and happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us !
What a great incentive for all the staff that works here.
We look forward to see you again
Best wishes for the New Year !

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Some of my friend are staying there so I decided to surprise them with a bottle of wine or something like that. So, I called the hotel and requested their help and their response was a complete "No" we don't do that. Just to be clear, I wasn't asking for anything free I ask the lady (Xinia, I think) to help me and that I would pay with my credit card, her response was a simple no, no suggestions no help.
To my opinion that isn't good service.
Anyway, I am sure my friends are having a good time.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
tangerineTangerine, Director de Recepción at Hotel Mandarina, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Hello. We are very sorry about this incident but there was a probably a miscomunication error here-
We have done this kind of favors and provide this service before so please accept our sincere apology.
We have had recent incidents where we find out that people were trying to do some kind of scam by asking for services and reservations and offer to use a credit card.
When the client is not present and we do not have proof that the caller is the actual owner of the credit card - the credit card companies have told us to be aware of scams.
Very sorry again.
We wished you have sent us the request by emal to do a proper follow up.