All reviews national park min walk howler monkeys pools quepos
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Avoid this hotel. Its a dump! Some of our group only ended up here because the other hotel we had booked had messed up our booking and this place was the only hotel which had rooms for the 1 night we needed. The room, albeit spacious, totally stank of a revolting musty/damp/mouldy aroma. The male reception staff of an evening was argumentative. The female staff, on the whole, were pleasant.The breakfast was disgusting. Rice and eggs were ok, but there was no butter only the cheapest margarine available which tasted disgusting. Instead of putting jam into small pots, it was kept in a large container and people had used the same knives from the margarine into the jam pot. Urgh!!! Due to access this hotel is defintely not suitable for elderly or disabled. I would never stay here again, its a hovel!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank AngieShropshire
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Worst Hotel ever. Disgusting. Dirty. Rude Staff. If you wanna save money then saving in another thing but not in this place.
For me was a really unpleasant experience. One member of the staff even threaten me because I was asking for the reimbursement of my payment, after they told me they can return my money back if I dont want to take the room.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2018

This hotel has some good points, particularly the hotel staff and close proximity to the beach. However, some of the rooms and surrounding faculties, such as the pool, are in need of renovation. A major criticism of the rooms is the absence of any space for hanging shirts. The rooms have a lockable type area, like draw space, but this is not a substitute for a wardrobe. The staff were very helpful and tried their best to ensure our needs were met.

Stayed: January 2018
Reviewed 24 February 2018

Booked two nights there as a last resort due to availability. Location was good for our needs, The only other good thing I can have to offer is the helpful and cheerful attitude of the employees, which I have found to be the norm of anywhere I have traveled in Costa Rica.
This is not a good choice for the elderly or those not in good physical condition, There are two levels to the hotel. The second newer building is 60 yards or more up a very steep incline. The original building is closer to street level, but again a very steep grade. Our taxi driver would not attempt the drive up the ramp.
As with many Latin American hotels, washcloths in the bathroom are not present. The bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever tried to sleep in.
Typically there is some wildlife in the rooms. A few millipedes and a tarantula shared our shower.
My biggest complaint is the black mold in the bathroom(a lot of it).

For the price we paid, I did not expect a mint on my pillow, and was tolerant of the spiders and millipedes, but I do believe they could do something about the potentially dangerous black mold.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2018

A real value - rooms were clean - A/C worked well - breakfast was very good, they served a typical Costa Rican breakfast, eggs and beans and rice or a pancake breakfast with delicious fresh local fruit(pancakes were amazing), this is not a restaurant, it is a open air dining room for breakfast, beautiful views - make sure you walk to the second level up from the dining room(or ask for a room up there, because the sunsets are magnificent at that level) - staff was very friendly and helpful - did not see one bug in our 7 nights here - short walk to beach - charming! Two pools, one smaller and the other large. Wonderful setting. Be ready to walk because this hotel is set on the side of a hill as many in Manuel Antonio are.

Room Tip: Although the second building of rooms is more of a walk, it also is away from road noise. Noise drops off at night.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family