1,853 results
All reviews the reserve la luna personal concierge private rooftop jungle suite costa rica free tour golf cart scarlet macaws our honeymoon spa treatments pool bar moment you arrive nature preserve private tour national park ceviche
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve stayed in Gaia twice now.
This time I came with my family and friends to stay for one night.
I’ve literally never experienced a better service and a friendlier staff than here.
The accomodations are out of this world, the restaurant is truly excellent and the staff is amazing. Makes you feel like you’re actually in heaven.
I feel like this is my #1 option when staying in Manuel Antonio.

Highly recommended, you won’t be dissapointed.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
sdcorp111, Owner at Gaia Hotel & Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are humbled by your incredible review of our resort!
Thank you so much for your patronage and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My girlfriend and I extended our 4 night stay into 5 as we were enjoying it so much.

The location is stunning, on top of a hill with fantastic views, particularly of the sunset, from both the restaurant/bar and the two infinity pools.

The rooms were clean, luxurious and had all the amenities we could have wanted. We were given a free upgrade on arrival to the studio room and then when we asked to extend by a day, they kept us in the same room but charged us an extra night at the original room price.

The staff were universally personable, friendly and professional, but in particular Aldo, Oscar and Marcos made our stay even more enjoyable.

The food was excellent, particularly the tuna and you can enjoy tapas/cocktails while enjoying the sunset ether from the bar or the pool.

The hotel also runs a free hourly shuttle to and from the national park and beach. Would recommend anyone staying here to go to both, particularly to go in the morning to the National Park and then take bathing suits/towels/water to enjoy the exquisite beaches in the national park in the afternoon.

Finally, the hotel has its own nature reserve where it is reintroducing macaws. They provide a free guided tour of their reserve 6 days a week which is highly recommended and a great bonus.

Overall, a fantastic place to stay.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tc283

Obviously you and your girlfriend understood what we have tried to create in the jungle, a place to enjoy "barefoot luxury" surrounded by nature at its best.
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this wonderful review and please come back to visit soon!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely hotel not cheap even in green season offers
Staff and standards slipped when we were there
Adults only hotel but baby staying and one morning another family with small children there - Mum breast feeding
Staff were lovely and smiley
Food was good although hidden extras if you have room service
Wildlife amazing from room view
Great little pools with amazing views
Just think they need to work harder to maintain high standards you expect if they expect big bucks
Other stuff although petty were initial keys never worked
Tap didn’t work
Forgot hand soap in bathroom
Spa facility promised treatments then unable to fulfil-No flexibility which you would expect

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
sdcorp111, Owner at Gaia Hotel & Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Your reviews of other properties are extremely negative, and we are sorry that you seem to be such an unhappy person.
There is an international strike of all Costa Rican workers to protest the new tax law that is proposed, It is ongoing and not settled as of this review. This was explained to you when you checked in.
That said, all of Costa Rica's roadways were blocked, prohibiting any travel within the country.
A family with a baby were stranded, and came to Gaia and asked for a room during this strike, and we, of course, accommodated them.

There are no "hidden" extras for room service, it is explained on every page of your guest directory.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

This is my first solo trip and traveling to Gaia and it is hands down the best decision I've made! The hotel is beautiful and the service is top notch. I picked this boutique hotel because I wanted more personalized service and attention and OMG did I get it! Almost all the hotel staff knows me by name and they accommodated to all my request. Candy was my personal concierge and we communicated via text message, she confirmed and reminded me of all my activities daily and suggested what I should be bringing on my tours. Candy was very friendly and helpful. I booked all my tours with Roy at the front desk, he was extremely helpful in helping me pick my activities and was able to arrange for all the tours within a few minutes. They communicate very well within the entire hotel, they know when I'll be leaving for a tour and will have the golf cart and towel waiting to pick me up and drop me off at the front. When I return, they also have a golf cart to whisk me back to my room and took care of my used towel from the trip. I met Oscar at the pool area and he was also very friendly and helpful, his suggestions on the menu was on point! He suggested the Spicy Tuna & Mango Taco for lunch and it was amazing, I had to get it two days in a row! Dinner he suggested the Gorgonzola Cheese & Tomato tart and that was amazing as well. He also suggested their Palm Pasta, sweet and cheesy and extremely tasty! I went during low season so the hotel wasn't packed, and Oscar was very nice to keep me company at the appropriate time, offering me advice and helping me at the pool area. I like how all the staff seems to rotate their duties within the hotel so everyone that I talk to is very knowledgeable of all the ins and outs of the hotel, they didn't have to call 10 different people to get an answer. The owner also came up to me one day to introduce himself and said to call with with anything. That was very thoughtful.

Housekeeping also did a very nice job and cleaned diligently daily and asked if I need any additional items.

It was a very pleasant, eventful, adventurist, relaxing trip!

Room Tip: Room with a private terrace desk is awesome!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2018

The staff at Gaia is very attentive and excellent at anticipating needs of customers. The staff consistently and proactively addressed everything we could have wanted. The property is beautiful - we loved the infinity pools overlooking the forest and water. The staff conducts an orientation of the property when you arrive so you can make sure to take advantage of all of the amenities.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
sdcorp111, Owner at Gaia Hotel & Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

The entire staff at Gaia Hotel & Reserve thanks you for your wonderful review,!