All reviews shipping containers steep hill golf cart container hotel national park sea containers cool concept interesting hotel manuel antonio park infinity pool the hotel reception literally next door perfect location comfy bed costa rica walking distance to the beach your luggage
Reviewed 30 August 2018

I booked a room online and selected the option to pay at check-in, personally at the hotel. I got a call 4 days prior to my arrival from one of the employees saying that my card didn't have enough funds to pay for the room. I explained there was a misunderstanding because I selected the option to pay at the hotel, not before. He was super rude and told me I had to pay for the room immediately in order to confirm my reservation. I told him I confirmed it but I wasn't going to pay until I got there. He had this terrible attitude and repeated the same all over again and told me they were full for that weekend and if I wasn't going to make it, then they could rent the room to someone else, which made me feel like I wasn't important to them. I wanted to cancel my reservation and just go somewhere else, however we already had everything ready for that weekend.

We came to an agreement and I was charged until I got to the hotel, thankfully. Of course this person wasn't there when I arrived, and to be honest I was glad.

The room was nice and clean, the pool was awesome and the views are worth it. Food at the restaurant was good.

Room Tip: The rooms by the infinity pool have an awesome view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Nice views, the climb to the hotel and the parking was a little challenging. The food was not that great. The views made up for it. Right next to the park. Lots of wild life around. First time staying in a container room. Not bad very narrow.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed at El Faro for 5 nights. Our room was Nice and clean. The pools are both very clean and with amazing views (you can see the ocean from them). We also had ocean view from our room. The hotel lies on top of a Hill and there is an golfcart which can bring you up and down the entire day. The employees who drive the golfcarts a very serviceminded! But I do not understand that these cars are necessary. We Walked up and down Every single day so we did not use the cars. The Hill is steep, but it is No problem to Walk. my opinion: if you can not Walk the Hill, then you must be in bad shape, elderly, overweight, lazy or have reduced mobility.

The entrance to Manuel Antonio Nationalpark is right next to the hotel and it Only takes a few minutes to Walk to a beautiful Beach.

The breakfast is OK. There is different things to Choose from, but the quality of the food is low.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Ronald G, Gerente at El Faro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Thank you very much for your comments, see you next time in el Faro Hotel. Regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

The best thing about this place was Miguel who drives you up and down the super steep hill to the rooms. The food and drink are way under par compared to anywhere else we went in Costa Rica. The rooms are tiny and there are flies and bugs everywhere.The pool is really nice. But to get anywhere you also have to walk through a gauntlet of locals selling things and hollering at you.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel V
Management response:Responded 10 August 2018

Good morning Mrs. Rachel V

Greetings from Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

My name is Cesar Vargas, Reservations Manager for El Faro Beach Hotel and on behalf of the entire staff,
I want to personally thank you for choosing our hotel for your vacations.
#sleeping in a container

I apologize for the bad stay at the hotel, we are located near the National Park.
It is normal to see some animals inside or outside the property, which is something that can not be avoided

Best regards!

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I read with interest previous reviews so here is my view.
This hotel is not beach side but is very close and has absolutely stunning ocean views and is right in the national park area so you will if you're lucky see animals around the hotel.
The reception staff were very helpful and extremely polite
Rooms comfy and quirky made out of see containers all have good size bath and everything you need all great views and there are two pools. The staff have great golf carts to help with the steep hlll.
Late check out times and good breakfast

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank farrowp
Management response:Responded 10 August 2018

Good morning Mr Farrowp

Greetings from Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

I want to personally thank you for choosing our hotel for your vacations.
#sleeping in a container

We are very happy to seer your comment, Thank you so much for the opinion of your experience at the hotel, that helps to others traveler

Best Regards!