All reviews our honeymoon toilet area the penthouse jacuzzi tub costa rica flower petals every morning floor to ceiling windows small beach couples massage small hotel playa biesanz national park master suite perfect hotel the main road cab ride
Reviewed 21 June 2010

My husband and I stayed at Issimo Suites for 4 fantastic days. The staff (especially Elizabeth) were incredibly friendly and helpful. We were immediately greeted with a welcome drink! We had Penthouse Suite #106 - and I have to say I was absolutely and totally blown away by the view. It was utterly, utterly stunning. The room was beautifully appointed with flower petals on the bed and in the hot tub, with two bathrobes and candles. Very romantic. We had a wonderful balcony as well that we spent a lot of time on having cocktails and watching the monkeys play on the roof and the trees across the way. I can honestly say that the room was the best part. I have never ever stayed in a room with that kind of view. I can tell you that I miss the view most of all.

The food at the restaurant was very good - nothing special, but solid. Prices were very reasonable for the area. The cocktails were outrageously expensive though. $9 for a blended daquiri is pretty expensive. It was good though. There are better restaurants in the area (go to Kapi Kapi if you are in Manuel Antonio), but the fish was fresh and the al fresco setting is gorgeous. We never made it to the pool, but the hot tub in the room was great. It's also really close to Manuel Antonio National Park, which has one of the most gorgeous beaches I have ever been to.

Unfortunately, one thing happened that left a really bad taste in my mouth. I accidentally left the key to the safe in one of my handbags when we left to go to Manuel Antonio for the day. The purse was under the bed with the rest of the luggage. When we returned to our room, our balcony door was WIDE open, and $220 US in cash had been taken from our safe (passports and other things still intact, thank god!). Now, while I do realize it was my own stupid fault for forgetting the safe key and take full responsibility for that, the fact remains that there was a theft in our room. It might have been someone who broke in from outside or a hotel employee. When we reported the incident, the ladies at the front desk were very kind but seemed a bit...relaxed about it. They said the owner would be there on Friday and would "take care of us". We filled out an incident report and we spent the rest of our trip happy and without any other mishaps. However, not only did we never hear a word about the incident from the owner (or anyone!), we weren't even so much as offered a free cocktail. I'm not saying we needed to be comped the full amount of the money that was stolen, but you'd think a hotel that strives to be luxury would want to make sure a guest who was robbed was given a small token that says "we're sorry". All in all, it was definitely not enough to ruin our trip, but left a bad taste in our mouth overall. Stealing is wrong whether dummies like me accidentally leave a safe key in the room or not (and stuff like that happens all the time), and it would have been nice to have seen a proactive response on the hotel's part.

Also - we met a couple who got our level of room for half of what we paid for it. I know we booked in advance, but they literally walked in and paid less than $100/night. That was also a little annoying. Still though, the room was worth EVERY CENT and despite it all, I think I'd stay at Issimo again.

1  Thank inflammatorywrit
GUESTISSIMO, Manager at Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2010

!Hello from Issimo Suites!

Thank you very much for your review, after a long investigation we found the responsible person and missed her. We are so sorry for the inconvenient that you had, Issimo Suite is 100% that this kind of situation never happend againg.
To fix this situation we are going to be in contact with you very soon.

Gereral Manager.

Reviewed 20 June 2010

We stayed at the Issimo for one week at the beginning of June. I cannot say enough good things about the hotel, it's staff and the location. When we arrived, the room we had originally selected had been double booked, and we were upgraded to the Royal Suite for 6 of our 7 nights at no additional charge. It was incredible! From the room you can look into the rainforest and out to the water... lots of animals and birds to check out and amazing sunsets to photograph.

Breakfast was delicious each morning and we were often greeted by monkeys on the terrace! We also ate lunch and dinner at the hotel a few times and were equally impressed with the food.

The staff was so accomodating, and extremely helpful in making arrangements for day trips, adventure tours, taxis, etc. Both the small beach, and the main beach at Manuel Antonio are accessible by both walking (long, but beautiful) or shuttle / taxi.

We can't wait to return for another visit! Thanks Elizabeth, Alex, Maday, Ivania, and Tim!

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ein79
Reviewed 19 June 2010

We stayed for our 25th wedding anniversary - so it was important to us that we got it right and we were not disappointed at all. The staff were very helpful and could arrange things like flights back to San Josie easily for us.
Had a great time, great views and if wanting flowers for a special occasion there choice is excellent.
Mark and Beth

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2010

My wife and I are experienced travelers and always expect the best. In all our years of travel, Issimo Suites ranks on top. The rooms are charming, great showers, jacuzzi tubs, comfortable beds, great location, amazing views, regular monkey visits, just can't say enough good about this great little hotel and staff. The staff goes above and beyond to make you feel comfortable. The food very well done, my personal favorite was breakfast, fresh fruits, banana pancakes, rice and beans, fresh juice and coffee, and a view of the jungle and ocean, what a great way to start the day! The all star team, Alex, Elizabeth, Ivonia, Maday, chef, cooks, waiters, waitresses, the owner Tim, sorry if I've missed anybody, but all were simply amazing people, like family. My wife had tears in her eyes when we left (we actually extended our stay twice!). We experienced an unusual tropical storm, power outage, and through it all, we felt safe and comfortable. This place and this staff is a real find, a true gem, I can not recommend it highly enough. We love you all Team Issimo, and hope to return very soon!
Randy and Kiki

2  Thank rbgcoach
Reviewed 15 June 2010

We had a private car take us from our San Jose hotel to Issimo Suites for $150 arranged by the hotel. The driver was very nice and would stop wherever you wanted or needed. It was a bit annoying because he neglected to tell us that there was a hurricane (unheard of in CR) two days prior and not only was the hotel only running with lights provided by a generator (no air or hot water, etc.), but the road to the hotel was blocked for traffic with live wires all around. We had to walk down the sketchy road to the hotel with our bags in the pouring rain. The driver did help us with that. Everyone at the hotel and surrounding areas were in shock. Luckily, even though there was no air, we had a porch and a private beach nearby. The weather was incredible from the next day on to the end of our trip. We were there for seven days, one day better than the next. Breakfast is included (we loved it) and so were plenty of monkeys. We also saw a sloth on the path to the private beach. While having breakfast the 2nd day (I believe), Elizabeth who works at the hotel told us they were sorry for the inconvenience of the power outage, etc. and she was moving us to the Royal Suite. This without asking. Elizabeth also helped us with travel arrangements, rental car, etc. She is stellar and so were the ladies serving breakfast. I liked the daytime bartender, too. All very, very nice people. The man who tended the desk in the evening and night was very loud and always on the phone. But he ended up being okay. I still can't say enough about how great Elizabeth was and even before our trip. She would always very promptly answer emails. When we were at the hotel, she handled the power inconvenience with ease and poise.
The Royal Suite was "sweet". Our own pool, nice kitchen and outdoor jacuzzi...just really nice and relaxing. Also, we had a LOT of monkeys visit us on the porch. The suite we had before was very nice, too. But the Royal Suite's pool was epic.
I highly recommend this hotel as it's more of a boutique style with many great views and a private beach. Monkeys all around, daily...and of course, ease of mind with Elizabeth, who I assume heads the staff there. If she doesn't, she should!!!! This was one of the best vacations I've had and I've had some great vacations!