All reviews our honeymoon toilet area the penthouse jacuzzi tub costa rica flower petals every morning floor to ceiling windows small beach couples massage small hotel playa biesanz national park master suite perfect hotel the main road cab ride
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Everything about our stay at Issimo was perfect - I can't say enough good things about this hotel. As other reviewers have mentioned, there is a jacuzzi tub and beautiful views from every suite. We were upgraded to room 1 (penthouse), and both the room and the view were amazing. As two of the walls were glass, we had a panoramic view of the rainforest, coast, and the Pacific. The room was spacious, beautiful without being overdecorated. We travel a lot and both of us felt it was one of best rooms we've experienced in a long time. They were offering a great rate during the "green" (rainy) season, but we would stay there again at full price without hesitation. We found everyone at Issimo went out of their way to improve our stay - special thanks to Elizabeth, Gloria, Dixon, Pedro, and to Alex - who we believe could arrange anything if given time.
We ate in the restaurant and also got room service several times - the food was excellent on every occasion.
We did not find the bathroom layout to be a problem - the open shower has a folding screen that closes it off if you want to use it.
The shuttle to the Manuel Antonio National Park was very convenient - we used it to go to the park, to the beach - it goes about 5 times per day. We only used the pool once as we prefer the ocean, but it was great for a dip at the end of a hot day.
We loved Issimo and highly recommend it!

Reviewed 10 October 2009

My husband and I stayed in the penthouse suite in this lovely boutique hotel. The view was amazing! There was a panaromic view of the rain forest and ocean. It was truly a beautiful experience. The room was very spacious and comfortable. We really enjoyed the jacuzzi, which is in every suite. The only problem I had with the room was the water pressure in the shower. The water pressure was very weak on most days, you may be better off showering in the jacuzzi, but that didn't prevent us from having a wonderful time.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. We arranged to have the hotel car service pick us up from the airport. Lance, the driver is such a sweet young man. He was at the airport waiting for us. The drive from San Jose airport to the hotel is about 3 hours, but the scenery is very beautiful. There are plenty of trees, cows, horses, and flowers. Lance was very helpful and kind. Although we arrived during the rain season it didn't rain much, when it did it was appreciated, because it was very humid and the rain helped with eliminating some of the humidity.

There are 2 beaches located near the hotel that are worth visiting. One beach is walking distance, which requires a hike through the rain forest. I would say the hike is about 10min, but it will be worth it, the beach is absolutel beautiful. The hotel provides shuttle service to the other beach. This is another beautiful beach. There are restaurants/bars and a few stores located across the street. The restaurant have workers on the beach with menus ready to take your request if you don't want to get up to get food.

The food at the restaurant in the hotel is delicious. We stayed @ Issimo for 7 days and ate there at least once everyday and everything we ordered was delicious, except the crab dip, it was made with imitation crab which was disappointing.

There is a nice selection of activities which can be scheduled with the front desk. We did the canopy zipline. It was a truly horrifying experience for me, as I am afraid of heights and thought I was going to fall from one of the cables and die, but the tour company had very friendly and informative staff. If you are not afraid of heights, I would recommend this activity. The views are amazing!

There are 2 computers with internet access located in the restaurant area. There is also wireless access in the pool area. The pool is small, but clean and nice. On most days there weren't any people at the pool and we had it to ourselves.

We had a wonderful experience and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who was planning to stay in the Manuel Antonio area.

1  Thank Jamatull
Reviewed 3 October 2009

My wife and I were looking for a honeymoon destination in Manuel Antonio when we came across Issimo Suites. While I've read some negative reviews from people complaining that they don't accept children, anybody who spends two minutes on their website can plainly see that this is not a hotel for children. This was a bonus for my wife and I as we were looking for a high-end hotel designed with adults in mind. Issimo did not disappoint. We cannot say enough about the courteous, professional staff. They routinely went out of their way to accomodate us for which we are very grateful. They were also very knowledgeable (and honest) in recommending restaurants and tours for us. It was as though we were staying at a hotel operated by close friends. The rooms are beautifully appointed (including the much talked about views) and were always kept impeccable by the cleaning staff. While the somewhat open layout of the shower/toilet has been a point of contention for some, again; it is clearly demonstrated on their website. We also had no problems with hot water throughout our entire 10 day stay. Every meal we had in Issmo's restaurant was excellent and the servers did a remarkable job. The food was fresh and flavorful and always delivered in a timely manner. The hotel arranges complimentary shuttles to and from Manuel Antonio National Park and the public beach at regular intervals throughout the day in a comfortable, air-conditioned mini-bus. The biggest highlight for us was the picturesque beach/cove Playa Biesanz, which is about a 5-10 minute walk from the hotel. It is tucked right in the heart of the rainforest with mountain views; the water is warm and tranquil, and wildlife is abundant. Howler monkeys and sloths were evident in the treetops daily, while capuchin monkeys and tropical birds regularly visited the lower-lying trees. We cannot have asked for a better stay and we will recommend Issimo to our friends and family.

Reviewed 21 September 2009

They do not inform you of many things when you book this room. We were coming there after our wedding and forgot to tell us that no children were allowed. It is not on their website nor did the not inform us of that whe we booked the presidental Suite for 3 and commented that we were on our honeymoon. then when i tried to speak to them about this they were rude. I understand why some hotels do not want children there but inform me of that on your website or when i make a reservation for $3000.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank myatravelingrose
Reviewed 7 September 2009

We stayed here in early August during the green season. It only rained one day and the rest of the time the weather was beautiful ! You are welcomed by a cool drink when you
arrive as you look out over the beautiful Pacific Ocean. The staff was outstanding and were always willing to help out anyway they could. They even helped out our friends
how were staying at the nearby condos with deep sea fishing and arranging taxis. The hotel rooms themselves were exactly as advertised, and extremely nice. The private beach is a short 10 minute walk down the hill, past the house with the chickens outside. The restaurant is excellent, and I feel it is a bargain, considering the beautiful view you have of the Pacific ocean and the jungle. Taxi's can be easily arranged with very short notice, cost is around 5 dollars to the nearest town. I would recommend using the atms in the town of quepos, and having local currency in hand. There is also a grocery store right next door to the atm. Debit cards can be used almost everywhere but we found having local currency helps with the taxi ride. The best advice I can offer about the area is be prepared for a little bit of an adventure, but it is more than worth it when you
arrive at the hotel. I would rate the hotel and the staff a 10 out of 10 !

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple