All reviews our honeymoon toilet area the penthouse jacuzzi tub costa rica flower petals every morning floor to ceiling windows small beach couples massage small hotel playa biesanz national park master suite perfect hotel the main road cab ride
Reviewed 10 March 2008

My husband and I had a gorgeous, most stress-free wedding organized by the staff of Issimo Suites 3 weeks ago.
Our stay was absolutely perfect. Presidential Suite is huge - 2 storeys and has its own kitchen, 2 giant bathrooms with a jacuzzi, sundeck, terrace and a private pool overlooking the ocean. Rooms and the entire hotel are beautifully decorated and kept spotless. Issimo restaurant is also awesome - that is where we had the reception dinner. Good food and service.
Away from the busy street yet minutes away from Manuel Antonio national park and hundreds of restaurants, Issimo Suites is truly and amazing place. Staff are friendly and extremely helpful and accomodating. There is a small beach about 7min (walk) away from the hotel and there is a shuttle provided for those that would like to go to the manuel antonio beach (10 min drive).
The Spa at Issimo is also a great experience. . most people that were staying at the hotel at the same time as us actually EXTENDED their stay!
We are definitely coming back next year.
BIG thank you to everyone at issimo for planning our wedding and being so patient and accomodating.
See you next year!
Elena and Max

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2008

My wife had extremely high hopes when we stayed at the Issimo Suites (because of the great reviews from Trip Advisor) in early February, but unfortunately, it did not come close to living up to those expectations.
First, the good: There is a fantastic view from every room of the jungle and the ocean. The rooms look exactly like the pictures, they are open with a jacuzzi in the middle of the room. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was very good, and dinner was great and reasonably priced. Edgar was helpful in arranging different activities for us like a sailboat/snorkeling trip and a canopy zip line tour. I highly recommend doing both activities.
We ate lunch there at about 1:30 the first day we arrived, and we were joined by about 10 monkeys. They left fruit for the monkeys, so they all hung out with us. It was amazing.

We had some major problems though. First, we didn't have any hot water to take a shower the first night we got there. It took a long time to get the hot water to work. After a long day at the beach, my wife and I wanted to relax in the jacuzzi. Once again though, the hot water wasn't working. It literally took us over 2 hours to partially fill up the jacuzzi. They lost our dinner reservation one night, and we had to wait a very long time to eat.

I was able to live with all of those issues, but on our last night things got much worse. Our air conditioner stopped working at around 10:30 at night. I tried to fix it, but couldn't. I went down to the front desk area, and got some people to work on it. We didn't hhave the air conditioner working untill close to 1 AM. We had also requested a wake up for that next morning. We had to catch a flight from Quepos to San Jose, so we really needed to wake up on time. Luckily for us, my wife woke up to go to the bathroom in the morning and noticed that it was 30 mintues later then when we requested the wake up call.

I have never been so angry at a hotel as I was my last day, and for the first time that I ever traveled, I asked to get some money back and complained. Edgar agreed took off $300 from our bill, which I though was fair but my wife still expected more.

I really wanted to love the Issimo Suites. It really could have been a fantastic stay. Judging from everyone else's reviews, we probably just got very unlucky on our stay. We will never stay there again, but I don't think our stay was typical.

Jason and Heather
Westchester, NY

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jasonkl24
Reviewed 6 March 2008

Wished we would have stayed here longer. Our room was on a lower level floor so we did not have the same amazing view others did. Very impressive rooms. Great night of sleep. Well worth it if you have the money.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2008

My wife and I recently had the wonderful experience of staying at Issimo Suites. The trip was a getaway to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary and I wanted it to be special.... Let me tell you, it was amazing! The staff treats you like family. The setting is very tranquil. The food was great. The Spa services were great. We actually hugged the staff goodbye when we left. It was like saying goodbye to friends or family. Get down there the first chance you get, you won't be dissapointed!

Brian & Jennifer Albury
Boca Raton, Florida

Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank costaricaforme
Reviewed 23 February 2008

Just got back from a wonderful week at Issimo Suites. Wouldn't hesitate to return. The architecture of this boutique hotel was fascinating, plush yet perfectly well fit in this Central American location.

Staff was very helpful and friendly. Front desk cheerfully made all reservations for dinner, tours etc. Wait staff in restaurant was also friendly and attentive even fun sometimes. (Great hamburgers.)

The monkeys especially the rare squirrel monkeys were lots of fun.Mornings and sunsets were spectacular.The massages at the spa were relaxing.

We flew into San Jose and chose to rent a car and driver to get to Manuel Antonio. Issimo arranged for Neisser of Hermanos Wicho (cell phone 829-6565) to pick us up in his 4 wheel drive suv. He was a great driver and the ride was very interesting. He stopped and showed us the sights- macau birds, alligators and we had lunch at a coffee plantation cafe - great view. For our return trip we asked for him.

Would like to correct a false impression given by another review. The pool and sitting area are lovely. Yes its not a Disney pool with water slides and wave action. But there's adequate seating for the 7 suites that use the pool. ( The presidential suite has its own pool.) We went out each day and returned to the hotel in the afternoon and then spent several hours around the pool - reading, sleeping, eating, and cooling off in the pool.

While our room was large, spotless, comfortable, and had a nice view and balcony. I did notice that many of the other suites had a once in a lifetime view. Would definitely spend a little more to wake up to a wall to wall view of the Pacific.

Read about Juan Luis Brennes of Aquila tour (506-892-1132) here on TripAdvisor and had two great tours with him. ( Manuel Antonio rain forest nature walk and mangroves.) His english is excellent and we got national geographic type photos thru his telescope.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple