All reviews ocean club infinity pool private beach every morning costa rica our honeymoon golf cart hotel beach the main road romantic getaway pool restaurant view of the ocean breakfast is served walked down main pool howler monkeys floor to ceiling windows
Reviewed 7 February 2016 via mobile

We arrived to be welcomed by what I can only describe as a del boy front man. Told to not leave anything valuable in view as to not to tempt people! Quickly realised that the hotel was actually a building site. Noisy and unable to use any of the mediocre facilities. We asked to leave after 2 nights as the building works too much for what was supposed to be a relaxing exotic honeymoon. We had paid on arrival for 5 nights . We have only just been reimbursed.........7 months after leaving and a hell of a lot of persuading and negotiating. It was a nightmare from start to finish and the jungle view they go on about was much better appreciated in the other hotel we ended up staying in! I would avoid an all cost. Left feeling angry and cheated. The only positive I can give was the waitor in the restaurant was an absolute gent

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Victoria D
Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

I was lucky to stay in this hotel for my vacation. Makanda hotel is great! After the remodeling everything here is new, unusual design ideas everywhere!
Rooms are very beautiful and comfortable.
Staff is so nice and friendly! They are all professional, so all your wishes are fulfilled.
I will come back and will recommend this hotel to my friends!
Makanda hotel, thank you for my pleasant stay!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Liliakebayer
Reviewed 27 January 2016

My wife and I wanted a nice place to spent holidays, so we were recommended this place by our friends.
This hotel is perfect for romantic and peaceful holidays on the nature. The location is great with unbelievable views and cleanest air. You are just surrounded with the beauty of the sea and nature.
The service was excellent, workers helped us wherever we needed. They met us in the airport as we asked in time. There is also a swimming pool, which was recently renovated, and looks really gorgeous. The kitchen is multinational. The variety of food will be a nice surprise for you, every wish will be heard (you can easily chat with the chef about your food).
We are very grateful for this trip and surely we will come back to stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gen M
Reviewed 27 January 2016

We arrived by van at dusk after a long travel day. Security guy at gate made us exit at the road with our bags and walk uphill in the dark to check-in, forcing my husband and I to split up so one could check us in and the other to watch our bags. Then the security guy goes away, telling my husband just to leave our bags at the street. No way. one guy finally comes to carry our bags but can't carry them all so my husband ends up carrying them. No one else ever comes. We climb the hill and walk up 53 steps to the unit. You must make your own coffee for breakfast from the rationed 2 one-cup containers they give you (isn't Costa Rica known for coffee... apparently not here)... extra charge we were told if you'd like more than 2. Our little coffee machine only worked intermittently. You must tell them when you want breakfast from the available times they give you and select from their limited menu...one main dish, 2 sides. If not on list, not available.. You likely will need to climb steps to go to 'Reception' to place your order because "Darwin" doesn't always answer when you call and apparently he is the only person that can take your order, and if you don't place it by the time they tell you, you won't get the breakfast... always delivered to your room. The room was beautiful and so was the pool. Food was above average for Costa Rica but U.S. diners probably won't find any of the food exceptional. At checkout, 'Luis' at security was great, helped us with our bags that again had to be toted to the entrance. If you like hassle, rules that don't seem to make sense (why can't the person who delivers your breakfast take your order for the next day, or the dining room help... why are there no electric golf carts to move guests instead of making shuttle guests exit at street in dark), and a price that is more than any other 5 star we stayed during our extended time in CR, then you will like it here. We found it the least desirable of anyplace we stayed and will never be back.

Room Tip: There are many steps to everything, and no railings. Not an accessible property for mobility impaired.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2016

We spent our romantic vacation in this wonderful hotel. I am glad that we chose it - the hotel only opened after a global rebuilding and upgrade. Noticeable that the owners of the hotel are the designers or so... Everything is done very stylish and with a good taste. Our room was just gorgeous - amazing ocean views, Jacuzzi on the terrace, wide comfortable bed .... We were surrounded by stunning nature and during our stay saw a huge number of animals on site (more than in the national park). A special words to say about the beach: absolutely wild and crazy beautiful. The path to the beach goes through a real jungle, and after... you are left alone.... on the wild beach... with nature - no pesky salesmen and touts, prying eyes. The nature here is meditative. Do not forget to bring water and sunscreen on the beach. Also want to mention nice staff - very pleasant people, like specially selected for this Hotel.
I'm just delighted with our stay at the hotel, highly recommended Villa No 4!

Room Tip: Villa №4 is amazing
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple