“the views you want in manuel antonio”

Hotel Villas El Parque
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“the views you want in manuel antonio”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

We just stayed there last weelk. The location is fabulous. Nothing compared to relax in your private balcony while looking at the beautidull pacific ocean. Tho rooms are a hit or miss. The fist one was too close to an restautant that sits in the upper part of the complex. So noise and no privacy but they had an awasome kichen and outoors space. The second room looked better and had the privacy but nothing was working right. Stove, ac, fridge but I did not care because the view was hiptonic. Those are little condos that people rent for the day and may be perfect for an extended stay.I felt safe. The pool was deserted but looked clean. Location is this property best asset.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

I have stayed at Villas El Parque twice this past year while visiting Manuel Antonio, and I would highly recommend it. The rooms are not luxurious, but they are large, charming, and well-equipped (e.g. kitchens, front porches with hammocks, tables, chairs, couches). Both times, I stayed in Room #18, and the view from this room (and, it seems, from all rooms) is absolutely incredible. From the porch, you can see out over the Pacific and the park. It is worth staying here for the view alone.

However, there are other great aspects of Villas El Parque. First, there are great opportunities to see wildlife. The first time I stayed at the hotel, as we were being shown to our room, we saw many lizards and a sloth up in a nearby tree. We also slept to the sound of howler monkeys. Second, they have a really nice pool. It's large and well-maintained and was the perfect spot to end a day on the beach. I would also like to point out that even though they don't have a restaurant on the premises, a good restaurant called Agua Azul is right above the reception area and is open for lunch and dinner; plus, there is a delicious breakfast cafe across the street.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2011

The view from this hotel trumps everything and makes up for any shortcomings (of which there are few). The rooms were spacious, simple yet clean, and comfortable. The terrasse is the best part. The beds were a tad lumpy and the shower and air conditioner could have used a bit of maintenance but otherwise it is great. Everything you need!. The hotel is very close to many of the best restaurants in Manuel Antonio and only a few short minutes from the National Park and beaches. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Although some of the services listed in the hotel brochure were not available they were minor.

• Stayed March 2011
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2011

We arrived around 7:30pm after getting lost on our way to Quepos - thankfully the office stayed open to wait for us (although we had no idea the office closed at 7 - something to ensure people know when they book). The room was large, had a cute kitchen and living area, with a huge terrace with dining table and hammock. The hammock could stand to be replaced as could the air conditioner, but the place was very charming and completely met our needs. We had an excellent stay, although I had to double up the two pads from the couch to sleep on because the air conditioner didn't cool off the whole room, and the beds were sunken in and concave anyway. Overall, for a dated hotel, it is great, but I would say that it needs some repair and maintenance to make sure things work properly. We are not very high maintenance so we really enjoyed it, but a more distinguishing traveler would definitely want screens that close properly (there are a LOT of ants and bugs), better towels, newer beds and better air conditioners. The fridge didn't work if the air conditioner was on, but I assume that's a wiring thing. Either way, we loved Villas el Parque, and although we had pretty much no interaction with staff, we would stay there again if we got a competitive rate.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2011

My husband and I traveled to Costa Rica for the first time last year and was unsure of what to expect. The Villas El Parque in Manuel Antonio were beyond our greatest expectations. The villas are quaintly tucked away in the rain forest. We stayed in #15 and the view of the water and forest were amazing. Every morning I would wake up, grab a cup of coffee, sit in the most comfortable hammock in the world, and watch monkeys and other wild life play amongst the canopies. The upstairs bedroom is a dream. The bed faces the balcony with doors that open up for the view. The shower is spacious and has windows that overlook the ocean. The downtairs has a full kitchen with coffee maker. The bedroom has two comfortable queen size beds. There are also padded benches near the downstairs balcony of which can also be used for a place to rest your head.

The area is beautiful and well priced. There are many activities to do in Manuel Antonio as well as Quepos. My husband and I went white water rafting and it ranked in the top 5 things I've ever done. There is also a well secluded beach within walking distance of the villas.

Overall I would rate my stay a 9 out of 10. The accomodations exceeded my expectations. The villas aren't a cushy 5 star hotel with maid service and cabana boys, but that is NOT what I want or expect when staying in a rain forest. #15 was comfortable, spacious, and well maintained. If I was going to live in Costa Rica I would want to live in these villas. It truly felt like a home in the rain forest. We even had gecko porch pets that would entertain us in the evenings. My husband and I will be returning to villa #15 in a couple of months and I've already started a countdown due to my excitement!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple