All reviews national park costa rica hot water small kitchen walking distance manuel antonio park souvenir shops mini fridge coffee maker nice pool manual antonio pura vida monkeys ac quepos toaster surf
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel is perfect if you want basic accommodations on the beach. The bed was clean and comfortable. The staff was welcoming and friendly. It was slow season but they allowed me access to the beach and parking for the day after checking out. And I got to see monkeys. I would definitely return.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank JoyceM-NY
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Booked this hotel quickly for an overnight in MA for a visit to the national park. The location could not be beat! Easily walkable to the park, restaurants and supermarket. ocean front too!

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Pool small but nice. Room was adequate, large shower, ice cold fridge and AC. We were in the villa section.

Overall a great surprise given I did not do my normal research.

Pura vida

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank pohljm
Reviewed 5 August 2018

Short version: matchbox-sized room full of mosquitoes, worst towels I've ever seen in any hotel... and the staff only gave us a 50% discount after toilet water POURED THROUGH THE CEILING OF OUR ROOM AND DRENCHED EVERYTHING.

I'm sorry, but if gallons of toilet water flood someone's room, you don't give them a discount, you comp their room. I understand that the overflowing toilet upstairs wasn't caused by the hotel, but there were tons of other problems with the room as well BEFORE the flood. The towels were covered in stains and were rattier than towels I've seen lining the crates at my local animal shelter. I asked to check out a hairdryer from the desk and they said THE hairdryer (singular!!) was taken. We booked a budget room, but I had no idea that the walls would be barely more than shoulder width apart. There were no doorknobs. AC barely worked and room was filled with bugs. There was no hot water in our shower. And yeah, we were still charged for our stay even after our ceiling leaked.

The staff did buy us breakfast and put us in another room for the rest of the morning, but they made excuses as to why they wouldn't fully comp our room. 0/10. I've worked in hospitality, and this is honestly unacceptable. Hilariously bad.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2018

My wife and I spent a week just relaxing. Room was very nice with a small kitchen, refrigerator, microwave, cooking utensils and a safe. Beautiful setting and only yards away from a beautiful beach. You can lie in bed and listen to the surf crashing. Very friendly and helpful staff

Room Tip: Second floor, rooms closest to ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barry T
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Our stay at Hotel Verde Mar was quite nice. The room we stayed in was spacious with 2 queen beds, a small kitchenette, a walk-in closet and comfortable bathroom.

The staff were welcoming although we didn’t deal with them much after we checked in. The room was nicely cleaned every day.

The hotel is situated just off the beach which is great. There’s a wash station at the beach gate where you can rinse salt and sand off yourself and your gear. They also offer an unlimited beach/pool towels for guests to use.

The pool is great. Our kids swam in it every day.

The kitchenette was basic with just a few plates, bowls, cups, and cutlery. It also had a microwave, toaster and mini fridge. Apparently hot plates and pots/pans are available on request.

The bathroom was great with ample hot water in the shower.

The hotel has a huge number of leaf cutter ants and small crabs which occasionally found their way into our room.

The wifi was sufficient to check email but not fast enough for those with heavier bandwidth requirements.

It was a nice stay and was convenient for going to the beach or into town.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family