1,219 results
All reviews bat cave bar sky lounge costa rica presidential suite swim up bar amazing views boutique hotel our honeymoon breakfast was included playa biesanz the main road manuel antonio beach welcome drink wonderful hotel pool deck national park private balcony
Reviewed 8 December 2014

Very possibly our best stay during the entire trip to Costa Rica. The stop there was unplanned, and we didn't know what to expect, but since the moment we walked in the door, the staff made us feel so welcome that we didn't want to leave! We loved our spacious room with two curtain walls for spectacular panoramic views of jungle and ocean, and a big private terrace outside. We also took advantage of complimentary evening reception with wine and snacks and fascinating stories from manager Robert. We had lunch, dinner and breakfast at hotel restaurant, and oh how good it was! I still remember the snook fish I had for dinner, heavenly! And the best crème brûlée ever! We had to leave the next day because we had a prepaid reservation in another hotel. Otherwise there is no doubt we would stay longer!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Youralana
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2014

Thanks for your great comments! As a small owner-operated boutique hotel we really pay attention to these comments because our economic well-being depends on these reviews. We all try very hard to please each and every guest and if we mess up we do our best and run to correct what ever situation is occuring. Comments like your and most others show us that are doing a good job! Thanks again and Season Greetings!

Harry Bodaan
Owner

Reviewed 7 December 2014

the wonderful experience started with the manager Robert. Darling of a man. He ran from New York City ( smart man) to Costa Rica. And followed through the staff Bart the bartender was a great gentleman with loads of stories to tell. It was clean gracious and the recommendation that the staff and Robert made was point on! Thank you for the stay my friends

Room Tip: If you have a wheelchair don't go no lift and loads of stairs. Then there are hallways that are small and the shower is not easy to get in and out of.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Laurie M
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2014

Thanks for you great comments - you missed the the (brand new) elevator which is right in the Lobby (?)

Season Greetings!

Harry Bodaan

Reviewed 6 December 2014 via mobile

The place is simply awesome. It has zero style (the closest it comes to is James Bond) but is very clean, modern and has amazing views (ask for room 17 it has a private sun terrace with the most gorgeous views on the ocean). The manager will make you feel at home immediately but you will feel like in a Western hotel. Also caution the pool is nothing like promoted in the pictures and there are no real hot tubs. Still a great alternative to other hotels in the area. 5 thumbs up!

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank JakeRU

Ian Fleming here! You did not like my terrific style? Martini shaken not stirred - I thought I was ahead of my time with three distinct styles of architecture....

Reviewed 3 December 2014

The part that I liked the most about this hotel was the private terrace next to my room, beautiful views- sunsets, ocean, stars at night, we loved it. The room was very spacious, clean, also the manager of the hotel is really nice. The price is fair for what you get, the only thing was the incoherent style of the hotel but who cares when you can have a private terrace with amazing views!

• Stayed: December 2014
2  Thank Imperez77
Reviewed 30 November 2014

Yes, the views are stunning, and the monkeys are cute, but you are in Manuel Antonio. It's hard to get a poor view because everyplace you turn is breathtaking! But, what makes La Mansion Inn such an incredible place to stay is the employees. Coming from the New Orleans hospitality industry, I was completely impressed by the perfect blend of professionalism and friendliness that they have achieved at LA Mansion Inn.
The night my family and I arrived, the General Manager himself gave us a tour and showed us to our room. He was extremely visible the entire trip and even helped my daughter find some food one night after the kitchen was closed!
Then, there is Bart, bartender extraordinaire! We were at the hotel for a wedding (my best friend's wedding), and Bart went above and beyond any other bartender in ensuring the drinks were quality (again, being from New Orleans, I know a thing or two about drinks). Not only that, but while the adults were busy running around getting ready for the wedding, we sent our teenagers to the pool and Bart took amazing care of them (he must have made 100 virgin Pina Coladas over the week). Not to mention, at the wedding, after one of the younger guests had too much alcohol and was getting sick, Bart CARRIED him to his room for us. Anything we needed, Bart helped us get it. He is just great.
The Ticos (locals) that work at La Mansion Inn are incredible sources of info and work ethic. They all speak & understand English, which is helpful to Gringos. Elizabeth, the woman that coordinated my friend's wedding, worked 16 hour days to ensure everything went smoothly for the big day. Guillermo, one of the wait staff, took his time to answer my million questions about his country and to help me with my Spanish. Not to mention, he always made sure my cups were full at breakfast!
This hotel just has a wealth of hard-working, friendly employees. I highly recommend the place. (Just beware of the driveway. It's a doozy.)

Room Tip: I was able to view several rooms of the wedding party, and every single room has a balcony with an amazing view.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family