2,849 results
All reviews monkey trail vista suite tour desk garden room costa rica premium room breakfast buffet swim up bar manuel antonio park howler monkeys adult pool main pool main restaurant national park small beach free shuttle happy hour
Reviewed 9 February 2016

A fantastic hotel with three swimming pools,service that was reasonably discreet but nothing too much troublel.Extensive gardens - full of wildlife,we shared the poolside with nine spider monkeys at one time! Breakfast somewhat limited but dinner good

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Lydia G, Guest Relations Manager at Parador Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2016

Dear don Martin, Thank you for sharing your review! We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to another visit. Pura vida!

Reviewed 7 February 2016

A beautiful facility in a beautiful setting. There are multiple pools and a couple of good restaurants. The food was very good, though a bit pricy. They also have nightly buffets of different themes for $29. There is a system of nature trails on the property that are pretty strenuous and steep but offer some wild life viewing, including sloths and monkeys. There is also an excellent public beach within walking distance that isn't very crowded. The staff were helpful and friendly and their IT person (Estevan, I believe) was a great help getting a computer problem I had fixed. The only downside is the roads in the area are very poor for walking so you'll need a cab (~ $10) to go to town.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BJ_Summers
Lydia G, Guest Relations Manager at Parador Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2016

Dear Guest, thanks so much for your kind review! We're happy to know you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again on a future visit. Pura vida!

Reviewed 7 February 2016 via mobile

I adore the Hotel Parador and will definitely be staying here again. It is an amazing property with great facilities, a friendly and helpful staff, wonderful views, and superb extras to make your stay special.

We were met in the lobby with a towel and a welcoming fruit drink. We were then wisked off via golf cart to the Ocean Vista building and our Vista Suite with a magnificent view of the Pacific Ocean. The room was wonderfully appointed and very comfortable - with a separate tub and shower. a generous sitting area, a large table and chairs, a wet bar, and even had a hot tub on the balcony!

The property had three beautiful pools, but we were so happy at the Ocean Vista building pool that we didn't swim anywhere else. The view of the ocean was spectacular - we spent a lazy day swimming and reading under our lounge chair umbrellas - drinking "boat drinks"! Now this was LIVING!

Happy hour was enjoyable in the evening, and breakfast in the Ocean Vista building was a wonderful treat! Breakfast made to order by a staff that was so focused on making us happy.

We also hiked the Monkey Trail (early in the morning is best for spotting birds and animals) and hiked down to the beach for an early swim. We were the only ones on the beach, although a bit later the vendors came in with chairs, canoes, and other beach items you could rent.

The property also has a spa, gym, miniature golf, and library. Use the shuttle service to go to Manuel Antonio National park or the beaches as the walk is hilly, long, and challenging.

We can't wait to return to the Parador - it is truly paradise on earth!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jean V

Dear doña Jean, It's such a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay! We thank you for the great and detailed review and we look forward to another visit, hopefully not too far in the future. Pura vida!

Reviewed 7 February 2016

Loved this hotel, especially friendliness of the staff. At about 5pm there were a lot of wild monkeys all over the area, so make your camera ready and keep things safe :) Great food and selection of restaurants in the vicinity.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review! We're so glad you were able to enjoy your stay and take some great pics. We look forward to being able to serve you again in the future. Pura vida!

Reviewed 6 February 2016 via mobile

I had such high hopes for the Hotel Parador. This was our 3rd trip to Costa Rica and used the great reviews on trip advisor to pick this property. We love Manuel Antonio and have stayed at some incredible properties.

When we pulled up to the beautiful entrance and that's where the magic ended.

There was no cool drink or towel offered to us. There was only one other person checking in, yet I waited over 10 minutes to get the attention of one of the three attendants. I had to repeat my name 4 times because the employee seemed more interested in the other conversation than checking me in. Then we waited for a bellman for 15-20 minutes. I'm not sure why but they kept taking people who had arrived AFTER us. We didn't want to seem rude so we just waited.

So, I don't let this bother me and can't wait to see my beautiful room. Only to find out I must have the worst room in this vast, beautiful resort.... Room 117. The "garden view" is actually a wall with no outdoor space and all the people in the luxury tower walk and take golf carts directly in front of the room at all hours. The room itself is well appointed but we felt like we were in a cave.

The pool at the tower was exceptional as was the service at the bar/ restaurant at that location.
The thing we find most unique about Costa Rica is the level of service and kindness of the people. Unfortunately, this hotel, with the exception of the one bar lacks that. In fact there is an epidemic of poor attitude and unhappiness of the staff. At breakfast we always make it a habit of trying to get to know staff and are very generous tippers because we understand how unappreciated service people are. But, these people are just miserable here.

Unfortunately, when we departed I left my expensive The North Face jacket in a drawer. I realized this when we arrived at our next hotel 3 hrs away.

I tried to call the Hotel Parador but I was hung up on twice. So I asked the concierge at my hotel to help, thinking it was my poor Spanish. While I sat with the concierge he called 3 times and was eventually hung up on each time. Then the 4th time he explains the situation and they say they have my jacket. He asks them if they can get it back to San Jose and they say they will send it with a guest transfer the next day, then my hotel will arrange a transfer.

The next day, no jacket... My concierge calls and they say they "forgot" and they want me to email them. So I email Silvia, who says she emailed me (to a misspelled email address). She tells me I misunderstood and that they were never sending my jacket. She told me she told my concierge he would have to send someone to pick it up.

This was totally untrue. I was sitting with him and he was translating the conversation!
She denies ever saying so and now says that like everyone else who forgets something I will have to pay $75 to get it returned! I feel like they purposely kept my jacket!

I asked to get the managers contact information but of course have had no reply.

I understand that miscommunication happens and mistakes are made but I can't understand this level of unprofessionalism.
As a business owner myself, I understand that the customer comes first.
Perhaps this attitude is why this hotel seems to have the most unhappy staff we've experienced in Costa Rica.

The 3 days prior to this stay we were at the Tulemar Resort and experienced some of the best service with genuine people that we've ever had.
This place could take a few lessons from them.

So, buyer beware....and make sure you don't forget anything here!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LoveTravelOrlando_FL

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for your business and for taking the time to let us know about your experience in our property. We deeply regret the inconveniences you experienced during and after your stay. In order to resolve this matter effectively, our General Manager will be contacting you directly. Thank you.