“Stunningly beautiful”

Parador Resort and Spa
Ranked #10 of 46 Hotels in Manuel Antonio
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed for 10 nights at the parador, and everything was wonderful. The setting is spectacular, the staff is amazing. Particular thanks to Diego, Eric, Hernando, Shirley, Gary, Marjorie.... So many more whose names I never caught.The only suggestions I would give management would be to let everyone wear shorts or skirts during the hottest months. The hotel is top notch and I would highly recommend it

• Stayed: February 2012
Silvia H, Guest Relations Manager at Parador Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Thanks for your post! 10 days is a great vacation and plenty of time to enjoy everything Parador is about. Service is our number one priority, and it looks like our staff made it a point to make sure your stay was as enjoyable as it should have been. Please let us know when your're coming back, so we can all get everything ready to welcome you to your home in Costa Rica! Pura Vida! PS: We'll consider the uniform comment, because it sure does get hot here!

There are newer reviews for Parador Resort and Spa

Reviewed 12 March 2012

We arrived March 5. The place is gorgeous, welcome cocktails and a cold aroma infused towel. Very friendly and courteous staff. The room was spacious and the view... Amazing! We were in room 421. The a/c worked great and the bathroom spacious.
The restaurants, Great! Sushi was very fresh and well prepared. Breakfast was also wonderful. Fresh omelets, fruit, meats, cheeses, juices, desserts, coffee and of course, THE VIEWS. Happy Hour at bar 6-7pm everyday! Gary at the poolside bar, great guy!
Trails are awesome and they take you down to the rocks on the beach. No swimming here but the picture opportunities are endless.
Overall great experience!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

We are thrilled you captured the essence of what coming to Parador is all about. Yes, our staff are family to us all and we all work together to make our guests' experience as magical as possible. We promised we would spoil you and it appears we did. We're anxiously awaiting your return. Your room will be ready and the staff will be on full alert. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience!

Reviewed 12 March 2012

If I compare to other 5 star hotels I have stayed in previously, in other parts of the world, El Parador is not world class 5 star. But I am sure that it is Costa Rica 5 star.

The location high on a peninsula, overlooking the Pacific Ocean, is just beautiful. It’s close by the Manuel Antonio National Park (served by an infrequent hotel shuttle) and does have it’s own beach 20 minutes walk away, which we never made. The grounds are immaculate with carefully laid out gardens. The hotel has three pools, two are typical home sized pools one is reasonable for swimming, but does get crowded with families.

We had a Vista Suite. The room was large; bed was very comfortable; separate seating area; good sized balcony with a Jacuzzi; and a most fantastic view.

Service was very mixed. Luggage service worked OK; front desk was efficient; and maid service kept the rooms immaculate, but didn’t do a full turn down service at night or replace the in-room toiletries Room service was incredibly slow – they always promised 20 minutes, but usually had to chase after 40 minutes. Restaurant service was also mixed – generally had to ask for coffee re-fills etc. Very surprisingly there was no at-pool service at the suites pool – so no drinks or refreshments whilst you lazed away those long sunny days, and a walk to collect towels. Food in the restaurant was average – wholesome and edible, but nothing spectacular.

By reputation there is no better in Manuel Antonio. So they probably just don’t feel the need to try harder. Shame because this could truly be a world class 5 star hotel. If you want top end Manuel Antonio then you will almost certainly choose to stay here, as we did . We enjoyed our stay thoroughly, but left feeling that it could just be so much better.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

We really appreciate your taking the time to write your detailed review about our Costa Rica paradise! Our hotel is actually classified as a 4-Star property by the Costa Rican Tourism Insititute, but we work very hard on our customer service and strive to go beyond that classification. We will certainly take into consideration your observations about the pool, restaurant and room service, as our staff is constantly in training in an effort to keep our hotel's high standards. As for the Vista Suites: the name itself means "view," so we're glad you enjoyed yours. We welcome the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit!

Reviewed 11 March 2012

We stayed in a nice place in Quepos for 9 days, and wanted to find something on the beach near Manuel Antonio beach area. We didn't have anyplace in mind, but just thought we'd find someplace nice by exploring the side roads leading down the steep slope of the hills. After a long and winding drive we arrived at the gate of The Parador, and we thought this might be the one. After looking at the view, restaurant and pool area we decided to give it a go even though it was not anywere near the beach. Besides, I think my 11 year old son would of gone crazy if we had decided not to book the night.

The result is that we loved every moment of our stay. Tranquil, pleasant staff, good food(loved the variety and quality of the complimentary breakfast).

One thing happened to me that I feel showed the attention the staff gives to the guests. Shortly after checking into our room I lost my wallet(or so I thought). I was frantic, but trying to look calm, and while I told my wife to take our son out to the nearby beach(the staff takes you to the beginning of the trail of this beautiful beach via golf cart), I stayed behind and tried to go retrace all of my steps. One of the first places I stopped into was the amazing spa, thus when I went back in there I asked a woman who I believe might have been the manager if it had turned up. She said no, but she immediately said she was going to alert the hotel staff to my situation and they would attempt to find it around the grounds. Even though I had been there just maybe 90 minutes I had some staff members coming up asking if I had found it, and really being concerned. The wallet turned up in a dark corner of my room, but I thought it really showed me that the Parador really had a staff who was on the bal for things outside of the normal purview of their job descriptions.

We usually go to Playa Del Carmen, and for the past few years Tulum in the Yucatan of Mexico, but we were looking for something different in Costa Rica, and we certainly found it in CR. I can't imagine we will not be visiting that country soon again, and most certainly we will be spending more than just a single night in this amazingly beautiful hotel.

By the way, the touch of laying out those exotic flowers on the stairs leading down to the lower level of the spa is simply one of the most beautiful things I have seen inside of any spa or otherwise. What a way to set a tone.

Bob and Prudy Donovan
Martha's Vineyard, MA.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RobOnMV

I remember that crazy afternoon! Everyone was on the lookout for your wallet—we were so happy when you found it. Thank you so much for writing about it on this forum, it really is a reflection of how much our staff genuinely cares about our guests. We were sorry to see you leave after just one day, but happy to know you and your family will be back again to share la pura vida with us in Costa Rica.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

This was our first trip to Costa Rica. We had the good luck to pick the best hotel in the Quepos area. There are many things to do there, but the fishing is what we were most interested in. The hotel got us a great captain and we booked 4 inshore - 1/2 days at $375 per trip. The captain was PEZ (pronounced "pepsi"); the web site is www.pezrey.com Every day we went PEZ outperformed every other captain. PEZ truly provided a world class fishing trip for us. We have fished a lot of locations, and this was unique and very pleasant.

The Parador Hotel was a delight. Many of the other hotels had very steep hills that made walking a hill climb. The Parador is on the ridge of the peninsula and has great views from almost every direction.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Many thank you's to our recent guest from Kansas. You truly captured all that Parador is about. Yes, we are different and we aim to achieve that every day. To provide our guests with the unexpected is our goal. No request is too large or too small, and every on of them is our mission. As a 4-star property with 5-star service, we provide our guests with everything they deserve and more than they expect. It's all magic, created every day in Parador Resort & Spa.
Thank you for posting!