All reviews art gallery rooms are huge gondola restaurant local artists costa rica a small kitchen area the main road yogurt bus stop sitting area national park coffee maker beautiful hotel squirrel monkeys breakfast was delicious walk in shower road noise
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights earlier this month. Our room (room 4) was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Very clean, very spacious, beautiful decor, great views, great location. Our hotel room made us feel like we were secluded in the rainforest with all the modern amenities! The BEST hotel room we've ever stayed in.

The hotel is VERY CLEAN.. very impressive to see the staff taking care of every detail of the hotel & hotel rooms. They keep this property immaculate! The art gallery was beautiful! Not every day you see a hotel that doubles as an art gallery. Lots of photo opportunities all over the hotel! They have a security guard from sunset to sunrise that made me feel very secure during my stay on the property. The hotel staff is amazing & made sure we felt very welcomed. Breakfast was a la carte & VERY DELICIOUS! I recommend the typico breakfast, which we got every morning there at the hotel. Absolutely delicious! There is also a hotel cat, a beautiful white cat, that was very friendly & roamed the hotel grounds. Very cute!

I want to highlight staff member Roger Orozco! We were interested in touring Manuel Antonio Nat'l Park & the staff recommended Roger, who also works at the hotel. Roger was very informative & very easy to get along with. He went above & beyond to make our hiking trip memorable. We didn't have to worry about a thing, Roger handled transport to & from the park, admissions to park, & even brought along his telescope to better see the animals. I have the BEST animal videos & pictures because of Roger. After the trip, I felt like I had known Roger for years! My husband & I enjoyed our experience with Roger!

When my husband & I left the hotel, we were greeted with a going away present from the hotel, which I will truly cherish forever! Very thoughtful!

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Manuel Antonio/Quepos.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank H-Sencio
Reviewed 2 September 2018

We had an appartment-like room with a private terrace next to the pool for our family of four: it was huge and very wel equiped. The hotel has a nice touch with the art galery and design. A very nice and helpfull staff.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Annette N
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We stayed for three nights in August at the Hotel Plaza Yara. Our room was beautiful and modern. The hotel is very well looked after. There was a problem with our AC and they sent someone to fix it straight away - as well as their cleaning staff as the water had dripped from the ac unit onto some bedding.

Breakfast was great each morning.

We were checked in by Roger, who was great. We also booked him for a morning tour of the National Park and we saw lots of sloths including a baby!

It was a wonderful stay, the staff are amazing.

There is a deck area that looks out over some trees and I saw monkeys swinging there one afternoon. Lots of birds too. The pool area is nice.

The room was quiet even though the hotel is located on a busy road. It's not really walkable into town. The road is windy and steep and fairly busy - but it is paved. We walked to El Arado for dinner a couple of times. They have happy hour cocktails each day and the food was tasty, not expensive.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vancouversmithy
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Our stay at Plaza Yara hotel was a very nice experience. The room was huge, we had a private entrance with balcony overlooking the forest.
The room was very clean and beautiful. Big bathroom as well, with a spacious shower.
There was a coffee maker in the room , why no tea?? ;-(
Breakfast was served, no buffet, you could choose a lot of things.
The hotel in total was fresh and clean, with an art gallery. A nice place the come from a day outside.
There was also a free shttle to bring you to the marine pier to go to the restaurants. But there is also a restaurant (el Arado) near the hotel that is very nice.

Room Tip: I think every room in this hotel is very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anja W
Reviewed 4 August 2018

When we checked in here we obviously noticed it was on the main road through Manuel Antonio, not that it's particularly busy of course. But what we weren't expecting was the rear of the hotel being pretty much in it's own small patch of forest. Every room has a balcony overlooking this wooded area from where you can sit and watch the wildlife. Our first day we saw Squirrel, Spider and Capuchin monkeys within around 90 minutes. Brilliant. The staff were excellent and the reception area cum art gallery was fab, leading to a couple of purchases. Couldn't stop ourselves. Breakfast isn't buffet but you're given an extensive choice on a menu and the quality is not wanting. Would stay here again in a heartbeat

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple