1,079 results
All reviews the mexican restaurant costa rica nice resort pool area mountain view jaco beach breakfast was included beautiful pool ceviche los suenos san jose beach front zip lining pura vida crocs dealers douglas
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We didn't stay on the weekend so it was rather uneventful. Staff was nice. Everything way overpriced. Would have rather stayed at a smaller Costa Rican place for a third of the price. I was pissed they charged me for the first night we weren't able to make it. In fact now that I think about it I'm going to dispute it. Don't eat dinner here unless you're lazy. Food is good and great service and presentation, but way way too expensive. Same goes for any meal on site. Free breakfast was awesome though. I'm NOT saying you weren't catered too or it wasn't nice, but it's too expensive for what it is. Biggest pet peeve was all of the horse crap on the beach. I wouldn't lay on it let alone walk on it. Have someone pick it up or even better equip your horses with manure catchers. Beautiful sunsets however. Very hot here even in the winter. Got a great mean for 20% off the price both in town and at the hotel at the other end of the island where I'd stay next time around....even though I won't go back. Save yourself the aggravation of going to CR, unless you are going on a surf vacation with the boys or are an out doors nature person. I'm a beach type surfer guy.... I love islands like Saint Martin, Saint Barts or any down that way. Not a fan of central America. People were nice, but that's about it. Hey Crocs, how about you pick up the horse poop and refund my money for the night I didn't stay at your hotel. Thanks.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Croc's Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Jeff,
Our friendly staff enjoyed hosting you and will be happy to hear you appreciated their efforts to make you feel welcome. While we're glad you enjoyed the onsite dining options, we're sorry you felt the pricing could have been more competitive, our pricing is comparable to similar 5 star properties around the area, and we feel we provide good value given our central location and extensive facilities. We are sorry that this was not your impression and offer our apologies.
Please also accept our apologies for any disappointment with the condition of the beach. It's unfortunate you were unable to make your first night with us. We're sorry for any inconvenience with our cancellation policy and we'd be happy to discuss it with you further if you'd like to call us. Feedback like yours helps us improve and we'd appreciate the chance to offer you more appealing accommodations should you be in the area again.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This is a great alternative to the Marriott at los sueños. Clean and spacious rooms with good A/C needed on those hot days. The location is also good, out of the busy areas but yet close to the beach. Very family friendly. The casino is also entertaining and the food is very acceptable. Nice pool and great inside bar with huge windows that allow you to see the ocean.

I would have rated them a five but I have had trouble checking in when I book via a website other than their own. They claim that its not in their system. Once you physically prove to them by showing them the reservation they seem to find it. I have stayed here 3 times and have had trouble checking in 2 of the 3 times that I made a reservation via a third party. The crocs nightly rate is always higher on their web site and if you walk in with no reservation its really high.

Enjoy
JBM

Trip type: Travelled with friends
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Croc's Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

We always enjoy hearing from our guests and we thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to hear that our clean, spacious rooms provided you with a comfortable place to rest and that our A/C helped keep you cool. We're glad our location worked well for your trip and that you were able to relax and enjoy the view from our indoor pool. Please accept our apologies, however, for any difficulty during the check-in process. We'll keep your feedback in mind moving forward and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This is our second visit to Croc´s. First time it was excellent service. This time some problems with staff attitude specially with cleaning personel and the guys in charge of pool area. Swimming pool needed more cleaning, breakfast pastry was no fresh.

Room tip: Just one towel and one bathrobe although reservation was for two adults and one kid. I guess they run out of towels...
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Ivan,
Thanks so much for coming back to our property in beautiful Costa Rica. We are sorry your return trip did not go as well as your first stay, and we will be sure to look into the service issues you reported in your review. We want every guest to feel welcomed and surrounded by clean accommodations, so notes like yours require immediate attention. Thanks again for visiting us again, and please keep us in mind for a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I spent time there with my family, we had a great time, service, food and facilities are excellent. The beach is right there with great waves and soft sand, the room was spacious and comfortable. I will definitely go back.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Providing a five-star experience, with excellent service, delicious food, and spacious rooms, is our goal at Croc's Resort & Casino so we are elated to hear we hit the target with your stay. We can't wait to welcome you and your family back and appreciate the positive feedback.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Everything was fine at the Crocs in Jaco Costa Rica the only thing that was aggravating is that they do not have enough umbrellas on pool side, or even on the beach side. The few that are available people do claim them early in the morning by putting a towel on the recliners and then they go back to their room. The sun is very intense and you can't spend more than a few minutes without an umbrella. Other than that everything was first class...

Trip type: Travelled with friends
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Croc's Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Thank you for staying with us at Croc's Resort & Casino! We are so glad you were able to enjoy a relaxing vacation with us. Our team works to provide each guest with clean and comfortable accommodations. We're sorry to hear that there was a shortage of umbrellas during your visit and appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we can address any ways that we could improve our guest services. It would be wonderful to see you again!