1,049 results
All reviews the mexican restaurant costa rica pool restaurant nice resort mountain view jaco beach breakfast was included pool side ceviche beautiful pool los suenos san jose beach front pura vida crocs parsley dealers
Reviewed 23 January 2017

Beautiful hotel and good service. I was a good experience in general.
The beach is not so good but the pool and the service around the pool in very good.
The rooms are good, too.
The hotel has a mediterranean restaurant and the service and meals are very good, there.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in front of the pool and beach
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Croc's Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2017

It was a pleasure hosting you during your recent visit to Jaco, Costa Rica. It is wonderful to hear all of our staff members participated in creating an excellent experience all around our property. Though, you did not enjoy the beach as much as you had hoped, we are happy our large pool area provided a good substitute.
We appreciate you sharing your comments with us and we hope to have the privilege of hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

Croc's Casino and Resort is one of the newest buildings in all of Jaco. We traveled to other locations in Costa Rica and they did not compare. As Americans with poor Spanish speaking skills, Croc's was extra nice as all of their staff spoke English well so there was no guessing in the conversation. The rooms were modern and beautiful and the view of the pool, the crocodile exhibit and the beach was spectacular. My wife loved the shower head so much that she said it was her favorite shower in her lifetime. As a guy, I was like what's the big deal, but when I took my shower I discovered she was right. If I had enough water pressure in my own home, I would install the same amazing showerhead. The entire place was guarded and fenced in so that safety was never a concern. Breakfast was included and it was a full breakfast and very tasty.

The beach seemed empty most of the time. When we visited Tamarindo, the beaches were crowded and we wished we had stayed at Croc's longer. There are excursions that can be booked like in most other places but I have to give a special shout out to Back Country ATV & Horseback Tours. We were there after their first week of opening and had brand new ATV's to ride. Joey and Adia were excellent tour guides and the views were awesome. (011-506-2643-1386). My daughter and I also took surfing lessons. One of Costa Rica's well know surfers lives in Jaco. Since he married an American wife, his English was very good as well. If you want to go surfing Jair Perez is the guy you want to hire. His rates were extremely reasonable (much less than my daughter's guitar lessons back home). Contact Jairo (hi-rro) at 011-506-8720-9157 when in Jaco for surfing. The coast around Jaco offers several different size waves the way it is situated so it is great for novices to experts.

I cannot comment much on the Casino as we do not gamble, but I did walk around inside and it was well lit, clean with plenty of available machines and tables. There were plenty of staff assisting those in the Casino. It had a much nicer appearance than casinos I have seen in the USA.

We all agreed that this would be a repeat vacation destination.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to a 5 star hotel. It does not get much nicer than Croc's
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Mark,

Reading your detailed review brightened our day! We are thrilled you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us so much you plan on returning. We look forward to your next visit and will be happy to deliver the same comfortable accommodations, friendly service and tasty food you experienced previously.
It is wonderful to hear that not only did you receive excellent service from us, but you also were able to take advantage of various entertainments located in the surrounding area. Surely, your recommendations will be a great value to future travelers!
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments with us! We will await your return!

Reviewed 22 January 2017

Johanna was a rock star at helping us book trips and tours to finding a room key! My key fell out of my purse in a taxi and she called every store I visited that day also. Which was many! Her English is great! She is a great asset to this resort.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Croc's Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Dear Barbara,
It is fantastic to hear that Johanna went above and beyond to help you during your recent stay. We're sorry you lost your key during your travels, that must have been scary and we are glad you found it! We will be sure to tell her that you left this comment, it will make her day. Thanks again and we can't wait to see you back.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

My family and I decided to give this resort a chance for our holiday vacation. For the money you pay you dont receive the service and quality of a claimed 5 star resort. Bad smell in the rooms, lack of hot water, licking AC and the food far from what it describes on the menu. Way better options in the area like Oceano.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Xiomara A

Dear Xiomara,

Thank you for leaving this constructive feedback. It saddens us to know you ran into problems on your recent visit to our resort. We apologize for the bad smell in your room and for the issues you encountered with the hot water the AC unit. Our front-desk team is available 24 hours a day to help you with anything you need and would have been happy to resolve these issues. We want all of our guests to have the 5-star experience they expect and we are saddened to hear this was not achieved during your visit.
Our restaurants are usually a hit with guests so this is certainly not typical. It would be our hope you would consider coming to stay with us in the future so we can show you an even better time in our beautiful location.

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

We spent 8 days at Croc's resort in Jaco, Costa Rica. We had a mini suite room, with an ocean front balcony. The room was very nice. The pool is great. There is a nice bar and grill restaurant at the pool. The breakfast buffet is great. We enjoyed an awesome dinner at the restaurant. My main drawbacks are that this is a one and a half to two hour drive from the San Jose airport. Also, the beach is about 150 yards away across hot sand. The ocean front resort does not focus on the ocean but the pool.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear James,
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your valuable review. We are delighted to hear you were pleased with our accommodations, pool area and restaurants. We agree, the drive from San Jose to the Pacific coast can feel long, but most of our guests believe it is completely worth the effort. It is our goal to preserve the beautiful Costa Rican shoreline and ensure that our property blends in with the local environment. We apologize that the distance is longer than you would have liked, but we hope that we have created an environment that allows all of our guests to enjoy both the sand and the ocean. Thank you again for your very positive review and we can't wait to welcome you back for another visit!