All reviews washer and dryer beautiful hotel kitchen suite grand suite full kitchen plunge pool the main strip rooms are modern costa rica the penthouse pots and pans jaco beach beautiful room room key walking distance to the beach hot tub taco bar
Reviewed 14 September 2016

I have visited Costa Rica a few times and have stayed in 3 different locations. One of which is Los Suenos, the others are in Jaco. This visit I wanted a new place to checkout while in Jaco, Costa Rica. This new had to have a restaurant and/or bar and it had to be reasonably economical . Well Oceana had All of the Above. Now I didn't stay at Oceana because the writeup didn't fit what I knew about Jaco. Therefore, I made reservations at one of the places I normally stay when in Jaco. So on the first morning after my arrival in Jaco, I got up had my coffee and started my walk. When I arrived about 10-15 minutes later at the Oceano I spoke with the manager and found out they were having Dinner and Live Music on Saturday night. As she describe the evenings events, I decided to make reservations for the 7 people in my party. After our conversation I had a quick tour of the hotel. The hotel is just what I was looking for, though it was a little farther away from the beach, it's worth the extra short distance.
Now the evening. We started out with drinks of course, followed by Live Music and appetizers. Just before the main dish the security guard got my attention and ask me about my car. We walked out and I found out I left my lights on. He didn't have to do that, but it says something for people and an establishment to go out of their way to make customers feel safe and taken care of. Now the rest of the evening, the Paella was second to none and the Live music was very entertaining. Remember, we didn't stay there. I can't wait to do a writeup after a stay. I know it's going to be great.

Room Tip: The Oceano is located on the south end of town.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
ASMCR14, Management at Oceano Boutique Hotel & Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

Dear virgil802015,
Thank you for such a detailed review and for your trust! We cannot wait to have you with us so that you will experience the special Oceano's service again given by the people who love what they do! We are waiting for you!

Reviewed 14 September 2016

I stayed with my wife and daughter (14) for just one night and loved the place. It is elegant though unpretentious, with a bit of an eclectic touch. The staff is very friendly but never overwhelming or tedious. Food was good and the swimming pool area is very nice. Rooms are modern and comfortable. The whole place is very well kept. I liked the ambiance set by the background music. If you do not mind being a little distance from the beach this is the perfect place.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
ASMCR14, Oceano Team at Oceano Boutique Hotel & Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Dear Rleiva,
Thank you so much for taking your time to write this wonderful review! We are happy the stay was pleasant for you and your family despite it was short and you loved our property. We invite you to come back for some longer stay and experience the comfort and the service of Oceano again! Kind regards.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

We found Oceano to be a very pleasant hotel to stay at + pet friendly.
Rooms were modern and clean.
All staff was very nice and attentive.
Only complaint was there was an unpaid bill that showed up after we left.
We will be returning again.
Max

Room Tip: Book online
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
ASMCR14, Management at Oceano Boutique Hotel & Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Dear Maxwell, thank you for the feedback, we are happy you loved Oceano. We are looking forward to your next visit, and apologize for the inconvenience with the pending bill. Have a great day!
Oceano Team

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Great hotel And great service all The stuff specially David The guy in The Wine drinks bar He was just The best!!!!!
So nice And help us To know more about Jaco even we was there not long ago!!
We spend a bday weekend there And IT was very nice!! Gracias oceano And Gracias david!!!! We Will be back soon!!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Jackieaub, thank you for choosing Oceano to spend the birthday weekend and we are happy you had a great time! David is very pleased you enjoyed his service, all the team is looking forward to your next visit! Happy Birthday!!!

Reviewed 30 August 2016

In July 2016, my friend and her two young kids and I were on a bus into Costa Rica, when we found out our accommodations in Jaco had fallen through at the last second. It was evening, the bus we were on had just broken down outside Liberia, it was raining, and we were in need of a minor miracle.

The staff and owners of the Oceano stepped in and saved the day.

We stayed for five days and nights, and were treated like royalty. The kids (3 and 5) spent every waking moment possible in the amazing three-tiered pool. They loved the variety between the pools – one wading, one deeper bubble tub, and then the larger pool. Scarlet macaws flew overhead, and the friendly resident cat “Señor Gatito” would pop by for a visit, as would a rather large handsome iguana from time to time to check out the goings-on poolside.

The restaurant offers a varied, tasty and reasonably-priced menu, and the food was always great – whether delivered poolside, to the room or on the inviting patio. The suite was modern, clean and inviting with all of the conveniences one could hope for – fully stocked kitchen, stacker washer/dryer, TV, options for playing audio, impeccable wifi, etc.

Most impressive about the Oceano, though, is the staff. They took such good care of us even before we got there. When we arrived around midnight, not only was our room all ready, they had stocked the fridge with food for us, and made sure there were a couple of fresh made pizzas ready and some cold beer to wash away the hours on the road.

There is a sincerity to the kindness of the staff that was palpable, and it made our stay at the Oceano exceptional. We were made to feel at home, and that we did.

We can’t recommend the Oceano enough to any visitor to Jaco.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank jardinino

Dear Jardinino,
it's such a pleasure we have met all of your expectations and your stay was so enjoyable! Our people is our main treasure, thank you for acknowledging their efforts! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see your beautiful family back very soon! Señor Gatito says hi!