All reviews costa rica waves crashing southern end jaco beach tropical plants loved our stay little slice of heaven hotel is located watch the sunset easy access air conditioning sandra kitchenette ocean bedside hosts unplug
Reviewed 18 December 2011

This place is great by the beach. The rooms are clean and the price is just right. A place you always go back to.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Niki M
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I've spent significant time in this hotel, May, June and July of 2011 to be specific, as well as several months in prior years. It's a very comfortable place. The hotel is right on the beach in the south end of Jaco, which is a great area for surfing and relaxing. Walk out the door of your room to check the waves. Rooms are clean, light and airy. The vibe is peaceful and low key. At night, all you'll here are the sounds of the surf. There are no televisions so bring some books. The owners, Sandra and Naomi, work hard to ensure guests enjoy their stay. A majority of the guests, whether they be Ticos or extranjeros, seem to be regulars. Tells you all you need to know.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank skip614
puravida643, General Manager at Hotel Catalina, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2011

We're always happy when someone enjoys their stay at Hotel Catalina and in Jaco, Costa Rica! Thank you for the wonderful feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2011

I stayed here for a few days with some friends, we found the spot so relaxing we stayed an extra night! The owner is very accommodating and the rooms have a very light and airy feeling. At night you can hear the sound of the waves in every room of the hotel. I def plan on returning soon!

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank BridgetKF
puravida643, General Manager at Hotel Catalina, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

Hello!
Thank you so much for staying with us and writing this review! We are so glad you enjoyed your time here! Looking forward to seeing you soon!
Warm Regards,
Naomi

Reviewed 5 May 2011

Hotel Catalina was amazing! Soon as we arrived Naomie was like a friend always there to answer all ours questions. We were the only one in the hotel for like 3 days! The rooms are very clean and spacious, I DO Recommend you to take the room with A/C it worth the 10$ more believe me! The second day around 7pm there were a huge rain storm which cause a power outage. So from around 7am until 11am we stay in the dark which was kind of scary lol. At one point Naomie came to give us candle. The service was excellent!

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SenoritaLopez24
puravida643, General Manager at Hotel Catalina, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2011

Thank you so much for your kind review! It was so nice to meet you both! Best of wishes to you both.
Naomi

Reviewed 13 January 2011

I spent a week vacationing in Jaco, and was highly recommended by an acquaintance to stay at the Aparthotel Catalina. After my experience there, I would give the same exact recommendation to anyone planning a trip to Costa Rica. The owners, Sandra and Naomi, made me feel very comfortable during my stay, and were more than eager to help me plan my week's worth of activities. I was a solo traveler and a young female, and I felt completely safe and accommodated the entire time. Sandra even took me on a morning hike one day, and Naomi- who was close to my age- never hesitated to sit on my porch and chatted with me whenever I needed company. Even the family pets, Dino and Kitty, were adorable and loved all the guests. The beachfront property boasts gorgeous views of the ocean, and you wake up / fall asleep to the tranquil sounds of waves crashing everyday. If you are planning a trip to Costa Rica, stay at Playa Jaco. And if you are staying at Playa Jaco....Hotel Catalina is the place to be!

Date of stay: January 2011