All reviewsjacuzzi on the balconyclothing optional resortworking girlscosta ricakaraoke nightpool barocean fronthot waterpublic beachlaid backcentral americasan josenudenakednightlifejungle
Reviewed 31 January 2017

Where do I start... My husband and I booked this place for our 25 year anniversary, what a mistake! How anyone could ever give this place a good review is beyond me. And to actually win several Trip Advisor Excellence Awards.. WOW! It is just gross. Not what the website says.

We thought we know what type of place this was... but was deceived. This is not a nudist resort... THIS place is a BROTHEL! We paid for the All Inclusive package that included all of our meals and drinks as well as a couple of massages were supposed to be included. That was another mistake. The place was so bad we hardly ate here and they didn't seem to know anything about the massages. Not that we would have ended up using them.

The place was dirty. I understand that there are bugs and other critters that cannot be controlled, we've been to Costa Rica before as well as other 2nd and 3rd world countries. The windows were filthy. The pool had mold. Food and dirty dishes sat outside of rooms for an entire day before being cleaned up along side the dirty ashtrays.

Besides the filth was the fact that this place really is like staying at a brothel. My husband and I are VERY open minded! However there is an entirely different dynamic happening at this place. I noticed the first day that we got there that there were A LOT of single men staying at the hotel. More than normal. Then as night came.. so did the all of the prostitutes. And there were a lot of them. They are more than welcome to come and hang out at the bar and restaurant area. In fact, I believe it is encouraged.I went up to my room for a few minutes and they were all over my husband asking him to buy them drinks or spend the night with him. It was disgusting. After the single men find their "girlfriend" for the night.. or next few days, then the hookers hang out with them smoking and drinking at the chairs right outside of the rooms. Breakfast was just as interesting. The prostitutes that were there for the night would have breakfast with the men right at the hotel restaurant The only way to escape it was to just leave the hotel.

The website stated that there were nightly themed parties. None of them actually happened. The pictures were deceiving. There were no themed parties as stated. and the place was dirty!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Ibkelly
Reviewed 28 January 2017

We stayed in a suite with a jacuzzi on the balcony, facing the ocean. The room was dated, with the kitchen being in need of work/repair. There was no TV in the bedroom, (there was a hole where it was mounted) and while we weren't looking for it, there wasn't a mirror on the ceiling as stated. The bathroom did have a full tub, but the shower could use work. That said, the king size bed was nicely comfortable. The staff in the bar and at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The restaurant had good food, we ate breakfast, lunch and a dinner there. We liked the pool area. Lots of iguanas! The one thing that needed to be improved was the wifi. Perhaps indicative of the area, there were outages with the wifi, which may not be the fault of the hotel, however, when working, the wifi did not connect in the living area, the balcony, and the signal was weak in the bedroom.

Room Tip: If you are close to the bar, in the evening, depending on how busy they are, the DJ music is rather loud.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chieftam
Katia A, General Manager at Copacabana Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Thank for taking a time to write your review! We are remodeling more rooms this year and trying to being complete update. Normally our suites has two TV's one in the living room and one in the bedroom , for what you are saying must be a problem during your stay and that's why they removed the one in the bedroom, I apologize for the inconvenient .
Internet sometimes is bad in the area... but now we have a new equipment and is working great!!
Thanks again for your feed back and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

Just spent a wonderful week there Jan 11 thru Jan 18, 2017. First of all the staff is top notch, they were very helpful and friendly. Our room although decor was dated was very clean. Pools and bar area were total non judgmental in the clothing optional area. Wear a suit, don't wear a suit, wear half a suit no one cares. There will be Ticas working the bar and pool area. They are not pushy and add a fun flavor. My wife and I are not into that stuff but it was fun to watch. At the nude pool you may see some public displays. Down side was one of the two hot tubs was not working and the one that was had a habit of turning green. Friday and Saturday can get a little too loud so you're not going to bed early, but the music shuts off by 1230 or 1 depending on the crowd. The hotel is a solid three out of five it self but bump it up to a four plus due to the great staff and location.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 291philip

Thanks for your nice comments we work really hard to make our guest happy. Our two Jacuzzis are working perfect now! Hop e to see you back at the hotel again! We are happy that you have fun!

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

Loved this hotel, but wasn't looking for fancy. It's. Little dated but I liked that it had character. Grateful for a clothing optional pool. Such a blast and met some great people. Hotel is right on the beach so perfect to view sunset. Lots of great restaurants in walking distance. Never had a bad meal in the area.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ramblintravel13

Thanks for you comments, hope to see you back at the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 26 December 2016

I stayed here a year ago thru a recommendation of a friend. I fun the rooms to run down and a little over priced. I had fun playing naked volleyball. Yes, it's that kind of place. Most everyone in the pool areas are naked and this is a place were working gals like to had out. Mostly older people, easy prey for the gals. There were some beautiful bodies on occasion. Not much in the service area. I picked other places to eat. If you're looking to meet people and other couples who like to be free wheeling, then try it.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the suites.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Katia A, General Manager at Copacabana Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2017

Thanks for your comments. We are constantly updating the rooms, so you will find it different now. Our Menu is large, voted for our guest as #1 In Jaco and beside the menu we have theme nigths like Monday Seafood night, Tuestady Italian, Wednesday Mexican, Thursday BBQ, Friday Hawaiian, Saturday International and Sunday Asian Night. It's that Kind of place? NO, is an open minded Hotel for aduls only, Clothinf oprtional for people in different life styles and we advetise ourself like that.