All reviews power outage place to sleep two nights swimming pool rooms are clean
Reviewed 22 April 2017

We got here on a family trip from a promotional ticket. The hotels infrastructure was not as modern as we thought but it was ok. We had good customer service from the hotel manager himself. The hotel is not close to the center of the town so if you part at night do recommend to take your car...

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2017

I was considered a walk up guest and paid for 2 days in cash. After 1 hour on the property I went to the front desk and told them I would stay tonight but would be leaving in the morning and expected a refund of my money for the second night. They had at that time replaced 2 Televisions in my room. They even replaced a third Television the next morning and it worked less than one hour..It was hard to believe 3 Televisions in less than 20 hours. I was awake at 6 AM due to loud noises outside. The office staff said the manager was not available on Sunday morning on premises or on the phone and I could not receive a refund. Therefore in my opinion they STOLE $115.00 of my money. I left the hotel that morning about 9 AM and the only answer I got was the manager would be in that afternoon. I am 75 years old and hard of hearing but the noise level kept me awake.

Room Tip: Find another HOTEL
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank DavidSaylor
Reviewed 6 February 2017

The hotel is nice, the swimming pool is not so nice but nice enough for kids, the food is not very good, better go to a restaurant in Jaco. In summary, is a good option to stay but whatever you do, do not become a club member, why? because if you are a club member you become a second class client and then the treatment is not so good. If you are a club member you can't go the last week of the year and on Easter, and that is a thing you accept with the contract, but if you go and want to stay for an additional night, no matter if there is room in the hotel, if the reserve for club members is full you simply can not stay.

Room Tip: Not club member
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2016

It is an Ok spot, has a great location, very close to the main street and to the beach. The rooms have lots of space, as well the bathroom. It has cool pools, a restaurant and a small Casino, so it has interesting options.

There are a couple of things I didnt Liked, one was the bed's matresses, I think they are a bit "soft"it is not a big issue, but if you're the kind of people that has a "bed issue"you might consider this.

Regarding the price, its a bit high, but I guess this has to do with the great location. Overall its a very nice place to stay at.

Room Tip: Great Location
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2016

The Amapola Hotel was a comfortable hotel away from the main strip of Playa Jaco. Great restaurants, casino, swimming pool, workout room and indoor tennis. The breakfast was great to start off with. I loved the comfort area near the front desk to relax. The staff was bi-lingual and very friendly. Their pizza oven was amazing. A short work to center of town. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends