“Great for students.”

Hotel & Casino Amapola
Ranked #31 of 40 Hotels in Jaco
Reviewed 24 June 2017

We were here on a student tour group. While the hotel is a bit run down probably from its "heyday" --- it was still perfect for our kids. During down time after touring, there were still enough variety of things to keep them busy. The pool was fine for them and right near the rooms. There was also a fenced in basketball court and they could request the ball from the front desk. There were poolside lounge chairs, some in the sun and some undercover. While it is in Jaco, it is not on the main drag (which is good for students) but it is a 10+ min walk to the beach, through a somewhat deserted/sketchy area (not good). It was fine as we walked the group with adults and we always headed back before dark. We also noted that there is a guard outside the property so other people don't come in. We were given breakfast and dinner here on the tour. Breakfast was ok, dinner not so good. We were told the owners are italian so that is their specialty. But the pasta dishes we were served were plain and boring. The kids bought snacks in town, so they survived. Again, it's not 5*, but it was great for a student group because of the activities and small property.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 April 2017

We got here on a family trip from a promotional ticket. The hotels infrastructure was not as modern as we thought but it was ok. We had good customer service from the hotel manager himself. The hotel is not close to the center of the town so if you part at night do recommend to take your car...

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2017

I was considered a walk up guest and paid for 2 days in cash. After 1 hour on the property I went to the front desk and told them I would stay tonight but would be leaving in the morning and expected a refund of my money for the second night. They had at that time replaced 2 Televisions in my room. They even replaced a third Television the next morning and it worked less than one hour..It was hard to believe 3 Televisions in less than 20 hours. I was awake at 6 AM due to loud noises outside. The office staff said the manager was not available on Sunday morning on premises or on the phone and I could not receive a refund. Therefore in my opinion they STOLE $115.00 of my money. I left the hotel that morning about 9 AM and the only answer I got was the manager would be in that afternoon. I am 75 years old and hard of hearing but the noise level kept me awake.

Room Tip: Find another HOTEL
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank DavidSaylor
Reviewed 6 February 2017

The hotel is nice, the swimming pool is not so nice but nice enough for kids, the food is not very good, better go to a restaurant in Jaco. In summary, is a good option to stay but whatever you do, do not become a club member, why? because if you are a club member you become a second class client and then the treatment is not so good. If you are a club member you can't go the last week of the year and on Easter, and that is a thing you accept with the contract, but if you go and want to stay for an additional night, no matter if there is room in the hotel, if the reserve for club members is full you simply can not stay.

Room Tip: Not club member
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2016

It is an Ok spot, has a great location, very close to the main street and to the beach. The rooms have lots of space, as well the bathroom. It has cool pools, a restaurant and a small Casino, so it has interesting options.

There are a couple of things I didnt Liked, one was the bed's matresses, I think they are a bit "soft"it is not a big issue, but if you're the kind of people that has a "bed issue"you might consider this.

Regarding the price, its a bit high, but I guess this has to do with the great location. Overall its a very nice place to stay at.

Room Tip: Great Location
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Jaco hotels
5.8 km away
0.7 km away
South Beach Hotel
South Beach Hotel
#18 of 40 in Jaco

Been to Hotel & Casino Amapola? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel & Casino Amapola

Address: | 200 East Municipality of Garabito, Jaco, Garabito Municipality 61110, Costa Rica
Region: Costa Rica > Province of Puntarenas > Garabito Municipality > Jaco District > Jaco
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#4 Top resorts Hotel in Jaco
#10 Spa Hotel in Jaco
Price Range: $148 - $232 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hotel & Casino Amapola 3.5*
This Hotel is perfect por families and also for business. We have conference center, restaurant, swimming pool, tennis under roof. The wi-fi sistem is free for all the guest. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, lastminute.com.au and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel & Casino Amapola reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel And Casino Amapola