See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Blue Palm Hotel and found it exactly as described. The photos are spot on. Really friendly and helpful staff. The mattress could have been a little harder but hey, we all like something different. Otherwise brilliant. Thanks guys. A really comfortable stay and hope to see you again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2016

Stayed here for several days while getting some dental work done nearby. This is a great deal and a most pleasant place, I think we payed around 15000/nite for the two of us. . The new owners are mostly on site and are really doing a lot of upgrades to the place. Apparently, it had fallen into a bit of disrepair but in my view, that is now remedied. Pool and area are very clean. There is a great Soda (local restaurant) about 500 ft away. Exceeded my expectations. About 15 minutes walk from the downtown area and the beach.

Room Tip: We stayed in room "E" which is a larger room on the 2nd floor in the front. worked out fine.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank greyfoxrepublic
Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

Don't go to Jaco. It's a dud of a beach town. But if you must, DO NOT STAY AT THE BLUE PALM. I'm a low budget traveler, let's clear that up now. High end hotels with fancy amenities don't impress me. Having said that, the Blue Palm was a disaster from the beginning. It's location? A mile from the beach: the lobby filthy (not that I care). The staff were friendly until I began to question why they were photocopying my debit card and asking me to sign the paper on to which it was photocopied. " In case of theft or damage" . I had no choice other than to walk back to San Jose. Now for the room. Basic. Not a problem for me, but they had this thing with the electricity. It would shut off every 15 minutes unless you passed through a motion detector. That includes the fridge in case you wanted to come back to an ice cold brew. Forget it. I rigged the motion detector with tape otherwise I couldn't stay; the climate at the beach is hot and AC is a requisite. The safe (very important to me) was operated by a staffs key rendering it completely useless. And last but not least, my room faced a resort hotel that played Lawerence Welk music from noon to midnight at top volume. And they turned the speakers to face Blue Palm. Nice if them to share but I'm not down with Dinah Shore music. I stayed two days ( I'd already paid an agency) and then thought "No, let's not look for another room in Jaco, let's leave Jaco altogether." Which I did, and have no regrets.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

We needed a place to rest during the day and we stayed here for a day because we were doing night tours. The staff was really helpful and our room was really clean and nice! The AC worked fine but it made a mess outside our door because it dripped too much water! And there was a small fridge, it didn't keep our drinks cold. But beside that it was a decent hotel with a friendly staff and if we are ever in the area for more than a day we'd for sure take this place in consideration!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Stayed here twice, rooms downstairs are a bit small, but the rooms upstairs are very big with queen size beds. Staff was always very nice and someone is always there 24 hours. Like a 5-8 minute walk to the center. Liquor store is next to the hotel, pool is nice, I always seen kids in there. I would recommend this place if you don't mind the walk to the city center.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends