“Nice spot away from the crowds”
Review of Blue Palm Hotel

Blue Palm Hotel
Ranked #33 of 40 Hotels in Jaco
Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

The Palm was exactly what we were looking for; a decent place away from the crowds at a reasonable price. About a 5 minute walk from the Main Street, the Palm is a 2 story motel tucked behind the massive Oceano hotel. It seems to have been remodeled lately as the room was in good shape. Clean linens and nice comfy towels, as well as a decent mattress and even a/c and a fan over the bed. The bathroom was a good size and the hot water even worked! A small refrigerator and a flat screen tv were a nice touch, although the reception on the tv was terrible. But most of the channels are in Spanish anyway, and who goes to a beach town to watch tv?! Not this guy! Suns out guns out, ya know what I'm sayin..
The cleaning staff made the bed and folded the towels; pure luxury, amiright?
The pool was excellent on a hot day and only one other person stopped by.

Only 2 small gripes that knock it down from 5 stars to 4. The lobby was small and hot and dirty, but who books a hotel for the lobby?? Not a big deal in my opinion. The other bummer was that the walls are pretty thin. Our neighbor woke us up at 7 am to the sounds of some pretty awful shower singing. You can also hear every single car as they drive by. Annoying, but not a deal breaker.

Book the Palm if you want a decent spot away from the hubbub of downtown.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Blue Palm Hotel and found it exactly as described. The photos are spot on. Really friendly and helpful staff. The mattress could have been a little harder but hey, we all like something different. Otherwise brilliant. Thanks guys. A really comfortable stay and hope to see you again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2016

Stayed here for several days while getting some dental work done nearby. This is a great deal and a most pleasant place, I think we payed around 15000/nite for the two of us. . The new owners are mostly on site and are really doing a lot of upgrades to the place. Apparently, it had fallen into a bit of disrepair but in my view, that is now remedied. Pool and area are very clean. There is a great Soda (local restaurant) about 500 ft away. Exceeded my expectations. About 15 minutes walk from the downtown area and the beach.

Room Tip: We stayed in room "E" which is a larger room on the 2nd floor in the front. worked out fin...
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank greyfoxrepublic
Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

Don't go to Jaco. It's a dud of a beach town. But if you must, DO NOT STAY AT THE BLUE PALM. I'm a low budget traveler, let's clear that up now. High end hotels with fancy amenities don't impress me. Having said that, the Blue Palm was a disaster from the beginning. It's location? A mile from the beach: the lobby filthy (not that I care). The staff were friendly until I began to question why they were photocopying my debit card and asking me to sign the paper on to which it was photocopied. " In case of theft or damage" . I had no choice other than to walk back to San Jose. Now for the room. Basic. Not a problem for me, but they had this thing with the electricity. It would shut off every 15 minutes unless you passed through a motion detector. That includes the fridge in case you wanted to come back to an ice cold brew. Forget it. I rigged the motion detector with tape otherwise I couldn't stay; the climate at the beach is hot and AC is a requisite. The safe (very important to me) was operated by a staffs key rendering it completely useless. And last but not least, my room faced a resort hotel that played Lawerence Welk music from noon to midnight at top volume. And they turned the speakers to face Blue Palm. Nice if them to share but I'm not down with Dinah Shore music. I stayed two days ( I'd already paid an agency) and then thought "No, let's not look for another room in Jaco, let's leave Jaco altogether." Which I did, and have no regrets.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

We needed a place to rest during the day and we stayed here for a day because we were doing night tours. The staff was really helpful and our room was really clean and nice! The AC worked fine but it made a mess outside our door because it dripped too much water! And there was a small fridge, it didn't keep our drinks cold. But beside that it was a decent hotel with a friendly staff and if we are ever in the area for more than a day we'd for sure take this place in consideration!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Jaco hotels
0.8 km away
Apartotel Flamboyant
#14 of 40 in Jaco
2.1 km away
Aparthotel Vista Pacifico

Been to Blue Palm Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Blue Palm Hotel

Address: 350 mts Este de la Pops Ice Cream Store, Jaco, Garabito Municipality 75548, Costa Rica
Region: Costa Rica > Province of Puntarenas > Garabito Municipality > Jaco District > Jaco
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #33 of 40 Hotels in Jaco
Price Range: $65 - $129 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Blue Palm Hotel 3*
The Blue Palms Hotel offers comfortable lodging at a reasonable price. New and fully equipped rooms. Clean, safe and friendly. All of our rooms are equipped with cable TV, a/c, private bathroom with hot water, comfortable beds, telephone, mini fridge and safe box. The hotel has a private pool on the back, security guard, parking, Wi-Fi for free, laundry service, tour desk at the reception. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Blue Palm Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.