All reviewscoconut milkfresh mealsbotanical gardensnatural beautyhorseback ridingonly accessible by boatscarlet macawspura vidagolfo dulcecosta ricadqshuttlebrothersraymondoestewaterfallproperty
Reviewed 16 April 2018

We were on a kayak trip in Golfo Dulce and Stayed one night at Dolphin Quest that was fabulous. We walked a short distance to the Botanical Garden, ate wonderful food, and enjoyed the open lodging. The two fine young brothers, Joze and Rayma, made the visit a true joy. This is a family run business that had been started by their father but closed several years. The two sons seem dedicated and determined to making a come back and have created a beautiful place to play and experience natural beauty of their home.

Kirk Johnson / Columbia VA

Room Tip: Ask for quarters with private bath,,,, this is a beautiful natural setting not a fancy hotel
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank kirkjohnsonbyrd
Reviewed 12 April 2018

From the moment we pulled our kayaks onto the beach at Dolphin Quest we were greeted with friendly energy and enthusiasm from the young men, brothers Jahza and Reymar, who were born here and are helping with the family business. Delicious, fresh meals are included in your stay. The guys are incredible cooks and had caught our fish dinner that morning! We love that it's a farm and that the milk and eggs come from the animals roaming around the grounds. Guests should know that this is truly "off-the-grid," only accessible by boat and uses solar power. The cabinas are simple but comfortable, and you'll fall asleep to the sounds of the jungle. What could be better! We will back.

Room Tip: If you have trouble with stairs, try the Green House, on one level, and closer to the dining area.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Dolphin Quest is extremely unique and an unforgettable experience. To begin, Jahza and Reymar are the perfect hosts to immerse you into the unbelievable wilderness of Costa Rica. They know the land so well as their home and are able to connect with guests in a very special way. The botanicals and wildlife are stunning, making this destination a perfect nature getaway. They offer many adventures whether it be on the boats fishing or in the jungle hiking to a gorgeous waterfall or a relaxing yoga session. The food is incredible and so fresh that you will be filled with energy as your body absorbs the nutrients their property has to offer naturally. They have so much to offer and will cater to your interests making it a very unique stay. The soundtrack of the frogs, insects, and birds is something I miss drifting off to sleep to. I will most definitely be back. Thank you Dolphin Quest!

Room Tip: open air, rustic, natural
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bearden4
Reviewed 25 March 2018

If you want delicious home cooked food, if you want to eat in an open dining room where Scarlet Macaws fly in full view, come to Dolphin Quest. Whether you want peace and quiet, hammock time, yoga time, beach time, waterfall hikes, horseback riding, its all there for you. From the moment I stepped on shore, I felt welcomed. Hammocks were welcoming after a hearty lunch meal. I laid under some huge trees and watched a variety of birds interact. I saw lizards running up the trees...I felt I was part of this wonderland... The Cacao plant was explained to me and I was given a sample of it....OMG I knew it was suppose to be bitter but this one had been toasted and it was strongly delicious. The Green house is where I have stayed and it is a home with living room, porch, two bedrooms, open outdoor patio with enclosed shower, toilet and privacy fence for sunning. The staff obviously love being there cause there's a air of happiness and pride in everything they do. I will continue to return to Dolphin Quest

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Jahza K, Manager at Dolphin Quest Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thank you so much for the kind words! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit! - The Dolphin Quest Family

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Beautiful spot and awesome people who were super laid back and accommodating. The food was so fresh and amazing, and there was always something to do and explore. I hope I get a chance to make it back in the future!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Thanks, Greta! We look forward to having you back soon!