“Heaven on eart”
other travellers have booked this property
The plunge pool and main arch of the dome.
The entire dome. The viewing platform rests on the top of the bedroom. The approach and the front door.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The plunge pool and main arch of the dome.
The entire dome. The viewing platform rests on the top of the bedroom.
The approach and the front door.
Paintings from my favourite local artist in the main dome.
Bedroom with relaxation seats in the windows
Queen size bed with canopy.
The stairs to the observation platform.
The observation platform features two adirondack chairs and a hommock.
spa style shower made from river stones. also, slate bench with rain shower head and hand shower.
Washroom counter with stone sink and bamboo faucet.
Our first guest arrived during construction!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Barbara S
“Heaven on eart”
Reviewed 12 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

I saw this cute little adobe hut, and thought to myself what a cool place to vacation, so I booked it. Little did I know,this beautifully appointed, charming and comfy adobe hut would become one of my favourite places to vacation. The minute I stepped off the bus in Playa Negra, the owners, Eric and John were there to greet me, with warm hugs and huge smiles. As we approached the hut- I was awestruck by it's beauty- a little gorgeous home in the middle of a rain forest/jungle. Everything inside was perfect (except for maybe there being no blanket... but I am always cold, and heck... I don't blame them for not having a blanket in the jungle), the place pristine, the bathroom huge and inviting (2 shower heads.... and amazing water pressure). I quickly stowed my cash and passport in the safe and got ready for the adventure of a lifetime. The hut is so well placed, minutes from the beach, a short trek (15 mins Max) to Puerto Viejo, and far enough from everything that all you hear are the sounds of the jungle. I loved every second I spent there, and am already saving my pennies to return this year. Kudos to Eric and John for offering travelers this gem. They are encyclopedias of what to do in and around Puerto Viejo, will happily call you a cab to take you wherever you want to go, and if you ask nicely, will find you sloths in the trees. This was the perfect getaway- because it was the perfect place to be.

Anne L
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
“Heart of the Sea”
Reviewed 24 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

Spent a week here in November.
Location: Playa Negra (black beach)
Easy 10 to 15 min walk into Puerto Viejo.

House: 1 bedroom, which is secure with safe included. Kitchen has a small fridge, stove. Fully functional, stocked with dishes, glasses, pans etc. Bathroom has both a rain shower head as well as a hand held nozzle.

Grounds: nice path from the drive to the dome. Dome was fit into the jungle, not the other way around. It's all very natural.
Frogs, geckos, sloths, lizards, spiders, toucans.

Owners: Eric and John are always available for help or questions. They have built a private path that doesn't go directly past the dome when they come and go from their house. They have some very well behaved dogs which don't have access to the dome. Being a dog owner myself, I appreciated knowing they were there. They know the difference between people staying at the dome, and people who shouldn't be on the property.

Review: Wow! I knew I was going to enjoy it before I got there. Pictures really don't do this place justice. I never felt like I wasn't safe. I specifically say this because I travel alone. I had my privacy when I wanted it. John or Eric would stop and make sure everything was good or if I needed anything. John works on keeping the pool clean. Leaves and seeds are enevitable in the jungle. They gave me a couple numbers for the Tuk Tuk and a reliable taxi driver so if I was at dinner I could have them called. Helpful hint, if you take a taxi tell them Casa Amma. That's the street it's on.

Wendy O
Huntingdon, Quebec
“Such fun!”
Reviewed 16 August 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed from Feb 24 to approximately Mar 4 2016. Our hosts John & Eric were amazing! Very knowledgeable about the area, very friendly, and even provided us with a river tour! The Dome was lovely (I called it The Hobbit House). Open to the air, no need for air conditions. We did have a few small overnight visitors exploring the premises and on one occasion had to challenge a small lizard for the rights to the coffee maker! The gardens were fabulous and lush. If you want to experience the feel of living in a jungle without the fear and with all the comforts of home, then this is the place for you!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The adventure, the privacy, the laid back feel.
Liked least: There was nothing to like least.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
18 Aug 2016
Thanks Wendy
It was so good having you and mr o here
Eric
Victoria...
San José, San Jose, Costa Rica
“Exactly like the photos - LOVELY place”
Reviewed 9 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

My husband was celebrating his birthday, i wanted to take him to a place where he can disconnect and breath a different air, definitely this was the best choice.

The dome is amazing, different and really cool! all amenities are well described, and here are some of our key highlights to share:

-The pool is delicious, cold water exactly what is needed in Caribbean weather

-The decoration is exquisite, the sofas near the pool are super comfortable.

-Loved the shower!

-The sights are breathtaking, the music from nature runs all over the place, is amazing!

-Since this is a tropical country and specially this is a quite humid area, is important to have in mind that there are no AC in the house, (it would be a great idea to include it in the room because actually that is the only space that could use some, the rest is quite cool), in the room there is only a ceiling fan and a regular stand fan and due to the mosquito net covering the bed is difficult for the air to run, is quite hot, that would be the only thing that i can think of suggesting for improvement in the house.

Eric, our host, was more than kind, helpful and polite! we were really happy and enjoyed a lot our stay. thank you Eric & John!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The whole house
Liked least: reaaaally hot in the bedroom
Your age range 25-34
18 Aug 2016
Victoria it was wonderful having you here and we look forward to seeing you again. You forgot to mention that you accidentally broke the fan in the bedroom and that was the reason your second night was hot. It's all been remedied
Limbiclad...
Lakewood, Ohio
“rumble in the jungle”
Reviewed 13 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

What a wonderful 3 night stay at Casa Corazon Del Mar - John and Eric are perfect hosts, permitted privacy but were very willing to share tales, gardening secrets and their joy of living in this space. You do have to realize that you are in the jungle, noise and creatures abound and we were very open to all experiences. The sleeping was comfortable, no AC, but a great cross breeze with a powerful fan and ceiling fans. The plunge pool was 'refreshing' and midnight dips were in order.

I particularly loved the frogs and geckos and morning awakenings by parrots and monkeys. Who could ask for me - thank you John and Eric for a most wonderful experience.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the creatures - actually, the design was fabulous and relaxing
Liked least: no ice cubes
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
19 Apr 2016
Hope you two will come back. Your time here was too short. Thank You for choosing us. It was such a pleasure getting to know you both.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing