Beautiful grounds, great location directly across from Playa Cocles and a short 2 minute drive into Puerto Viejo. Staff were not very helpful, (except one staff member at the front desk and the bar staff), every time we went to the front desk I had to wait for service (even though a staff member was right there and knew I was waiting for service) and then was greeted as if I was a nuisance. Many occasions I was being helped by the girl at the front desk and then another guest or staff member came up and was helped immediately while I was "put on hold". Very rude! The restaurant is much overpriced (compared to many other eating options). Even was charged US$4 for a small tin (4 oz) of tomatoe juice!! Ridiculous!
A/C in the upgraded rooms only. Enjoyed the hammocks outside the rooms.
Thought that renting bikes for the day would be nice, $US6/day, but the chain on my wife's wasn't working quite right and eventually came off, resulting in us having to walk back to the hotel. The bikes are completed rusted out, the baskets on the front are so badly rusted I was afraid the entire time that parts of it were going to fall off and into my front tire. Considering the condition of the bikes, they should be free. If they are going to charge for bike rental, then the hotel should maintain the bikes. They looked as if they were picked up off of the beach. When we returned to the hotel and informed the girl at the front desk that my wife's chain had come off and we had to walk back, I was expecting an apology on behalf of the hotel, perhaps even for her to say they were not going to charge us. But we were once again hardly given notice and were shrugged off.
Another specific incident happened with us and I thought the manager would accomodate us out of good will and for positive customer relations, but no such thing.
This place has the "big hotel" attitude but forgets it's a small fishing town of Puerto Viejo, and the service and amenities don't warrant the attitude.
We would never return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Caribbean resort in Puerto Viejo, de Limon, Costa Rica.Hotel Cariblue is the ideal place to relax and enjoy the nature, the beaches and comfort.A leader among Costa Rica hotels and resorts, we offer luxurious hardwood bungalows nestled in exotic tropical gardens between the pristine white sand beach of Playa Cocles and lush natural jungle (more info about us). Enjoy our award-winning service and our full range of amenities and facilities in a relaxing and welcoming atmosphere. A paradise is waiting for you."Cariblue Hotel” “Your Caribbean resort", is a 3 star hotel and 3 green leaves (CST), is the ideal place to enjoy your vacation, Its located just steps away from beautiful pristine white sand beach, Playa Cocles and just a mile from typical village of Puerto Viejo de Talamanca (Old Harbor), where the Afro Caribbean, Indian and all over the world cultures are mixed in harmony and peace.Cariblue has 23 private and comfortable bungalows nestled in a gorgeous tropical garden of almost 5 acres (20.000 sqm). All the bungalows feature a private balcony overlooking the resort's tropical gardens. Impressive Gourmet Restaurant "Soleluna" with a gorgeous bar and in the pool with our happy hour every day in our pool bar. Spend a lazy day by the beautiful pool area, kid's pool and relax in the Jacuzzi while enjoying one of our selection of fine tropical cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cariblue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cariblue Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Cariblue Hotel Costa Rica/Limon