“Unassuming Little Restaurant in middle of Puerto Viejo”
Review of Restaurante Tamara

Restaurante Tamara
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Pleasantly pleasing little place, with the greatest service and food. Waite staff were friendly and helpful, food selection is excellent. The food was really good, and for being a small restaurant extremely busy.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I went there with friends, hoping to have some taste of the local food . But we were really disappointed. I had a seafood soup that did not taste of anything. My friends had some squid that was just like eating plastic. I would not recommend this place.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

I only ate here once and had a vegetarian plate. It was nicely spiced and had cooked vegetables, salad, plantains, beans, rice,and spicy cooked onions. I really needed some food that had flavor and this was what I needed. I don’t know how spicy or bland there other dishes are however. They have a varied menu and colorful Rasta decor . If I was in town longer I would have tried some of their soups like the rondon fish soup.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Excellent service, delicious food, not expensive, just the right price. I'll be back every time I come to Puerto Viejo

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed the flavour of the Caribbean fish dish. Not too spicy but a lot more interesting than traditional Costa Rican food. Much better dish than neighbouring restaurants.