“Made with so much heart!”
Review of Tiare`

Tiare`
Price range: USD 20 - USD 60
Description: Tiaré is a romantic place, surrounded by flowers, Tropical plants and Palm trees. Born of a couple of Italians, Natale and Valentina with love and passion for cooking. suitable for special occasions, families with children or simply a romantic candlelit dinner. we offer fresh pasta and focaccia/homemade pizza all freshly cooked with Italian ingredients and typical local fruits and vegetables.
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I had the pleasure of eating at Tiaré yesterday. The Avocado and Cherry Tomato spaghetti I got was so flavorful and rich, I had to come back today just to try another dish. To be welcomed by Valentina, and then served such incredible food makes for a soulful experience! I highly recommend if you are in the area.
*Also very vegan and veggie friendly.

1  Thank Khianna C

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

I was traveling with a G Adventures small group tour, and our hotel was just 100 meters or so from Tiare. Based on the TA #1 rating we decided to give it a try. Now in fairness having 16 people arrive simultaneously may have been too much for them, but they were warned well ahead of time. The food was good, but nothing exceptional. Service was VERY slow, and I have no idea where the single $ rating came from. The final bill was about $38US/person, although we all drank more wine than planned while waiting for the food. And in general wine in CR is expensive and then they tack on a hefty tax not mentioned on the menu. Most bottles cost 15-20,000 colones ($26-35US) with then a 4-5000 colones tax ($7-9US) added. The food at the smaller Tico restaurants and sodas in Puerto Viejo was better and much cheaper.

2  Thank Brian L
Tiare C, Proprietario at Tiare`, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

I, am sorry kind gentleman that our restaurant has not been to the height of its expectations. The truth and' that you were a group of 17 people and us we have been told of your alone arrival a hour before, too much little time for so' so many people for this the service was slow. The bottles of wine that you have chosen were the most expensive but we also have wine that costs very less but you has not wanted him/it, the quality is paid. I don't understand besides of what extra tax speaks here it is paid only the 10% of the service as it is paid in any other restaurant. We are an Italian restaurant and we use only products 100% Italian and of quality and everything this has a cost. I remember besides her that the costarica and' dear and our Italian restaurant has the prices in the average. Good-bye.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

One of the best Italian restaurant I've ever been. The food is incredible. I had pasta with Jägermeister sauce, curry and cream and it was delicious. The owners are amazing and for what u get, the price is more than fair. Fresh made pasta, fresh made focaccias.... Worth the visit!!

1  Thank Spookk87
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has 2 different people running it both Italian. One couple operates the breakfast and lunch 0730-230 pm, another operates the evening. I only had breakfast here so that’s what I will review but it was the tastiest breakfast I have had in Puerto Viejo. They don’t take credit cards but it has good WiFi. They cater to vegetarian and vegan tastes. I had fried eggs, salad, some banana slices with chocolate sauce, and a freshly baked hard roll. They are trying hard to make good bread an Italian would love and I think they succeeded. I wish I had discovered this place earlier in my stay in Puerto Viejo. There is parking by the side of the main road and it’s located on one end of town.

1  Thank jronkowski
Reviewed 20 January 2018

I was pulled in by the "cheap eats" category, but thanks to another trippie, I was prepared for mid-range prices. I also loved reading about the breakfasts and lunches, but at the time of this posting their hours are Tues. - Sun. 5 P.M. - 10 P.M. My husband, son, and I ate here for my husband's birthday (which we didn't mention to the staff). We were warmly greeted and cared for our entire time here. My husband had pepperoni focaccia, my son plain spaghetti with marinara on the side, and I had tagliatelle with shrimp in a Jaegermeister-infused sauce. We ordered two waters and a cold milk. My husband and son liked their meals, mine was very interesting. I chose it because it is not something I would normally order. The spices were very, very interesting and different, and you need to peel the shrimp. I will admit, I had Jaeger once twenty years ago, so this was a new choice for me. This dish could be it for you, but I wouldn't order it again. Our bill came to roughly 24,000 Colones. Things to note: amazing staff, cash only, no alcohol, good size menu, and all is cook to order.

1  Thank Juliann W