1,538 results
All reviews double tree san jose costa rica close to the airport warm cookies pool area nice hotel a small grocery store small casino swim up bar open air executive room restaurant staff nice stay breakfast buffet tour desk rooms are spacious
Reviewed 21 July 2016

Convenient, clean and comfortable hotel. The staff is extremely nice and very attentive. The restaurant has an okay breakfast buffet and offers a good menu selection for lunch and dinner. There were a lot of people at the hotel on business trips and not a lot of vacationers. However, my husband and I still had a nice stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room that faces the pool. Inside rooms do not have a great view.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
DoubletreeCR, Director Comercial at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2016

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the restaurant to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Cariari San Jose in the not too distant future. Nicolas Aieta, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

The room was great, large, high ceilings, good aircon. When I arrived however the bath still had a few centimetres of water at the bottom (bit gross) and for some reason the curtains wouldn't shut fully. Not a huge problem but annoying as the room was positioned on the ground floor facing the pool area so I was very conscious that people could look into my room!

No bottled water in the room, either... Very bizarre personally but I quickly learned that that is normal in Costa Rica... As there was no minibar I had to go to the hotel bar where a bottle of water was more than triple the price I'd seen elsewhere.

Otherwise the experience was rather pleasant, if a little impersonal. Very useful as very near to the airport with a shuttle service. I wouldn't stay here again however. I think for the price I paid, a higher level of service and quality should be expected.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo

Thank you for your honest review of your recent stay with us. At DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose, we like to provide a personalized experience for each of our guests, but also look for ways to keep costs low while providing comfort and convenience. We appreciate your feedback and we’ll keep it in mind as we work to make our services better. We hope you’ll give us another chance if you return to the area. Nicolas Aieta, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

The have an outstanding operation (infrastructure, location, staff). You simply can't go wrong. They really go out of their way to make you feel appreciated. From the initial cookie to every aspect of what they do.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am very happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels. Nicolas Aieta, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

Decent property located 10 minutes from the airport. The rooms are clean and roomy. HORRIBLE restaurant within the hotel. There is not a Hilton Executive Lounge, but there is a casino. Would stay here again but not eat onsite.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry that our restaurant didn’t meet your expectations. At DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose, we want to serve fresh, tasty dishes with the caring touches of home. We work continually to improve our menu offerings, and your comments will help us improve.
We also would like to clarify you that we do have an executive lounge that is exclusive for our Hilton HHonors guest in which you can enjoy complimentary snacks and drinks in the afternoon.
We hope you’ll stay with us the next time you’re in the area and let us know how we’re doing. Nicolas Aieta, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

Very comfortable hotel, amazing breakfast, beautiful pool, casino, pool table, etcetera. I highly recommend it for business or pleasure travel. The location is convenient and the staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at Doubletree by Hilton Cariari San Jose! I’m so glad you were able to experience our warm hospitality. We can’t wait to see you again soon. Nicolas Aieta, Director of Sales & Marketing.