Tamarindo Travel -Tours
Review Highlights
A great day!

Our family was picked up from our hotel, by Jose Fernandez, who spent the day with us. He... read more

Reviewed 12 August 2018
Heather H
via mobile
Exceptional!!!

Vehicles are very clean and smoke free! The drivers are very professional, and kind. Herman picked... read more

Reviewed 29 June 2018
Deidre H
via mobile

All reviews airport shuttle costa rica great hike coffee plantation round trip transportation wonderful country hot springs made us feel great driver the buena vista tour these guys sea turtles pura vida food was great highlight of our trip harold heriberto
Reviewed 13 February 2018

I worked with Tamarindo Travel to book my roundtrip shuttle to/from Airport for 6. Once in Tamarindo, I used the WhatsApp communication to book the Catamaran Tour as well as a round trip transportation to Playa Avellanas.

The Catamaran Tour was such a great experience for my friends and I. We were picked up from our hotel and taken to the beach where we were taken out the Catamaran. The staff on the boat were awesome - open bar all day, we saw sea turtles and a whale(!!!). The food was great and the views/experience all around was a highlight of our trip.

The communication, drivers etc were all great. I would highly recommend to other travelers.

Heriberto V, Gerente at Tamarindo Travel -Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Hi,

Thanks for your comment

We really appreciate.

Regards,

Reviewed 30 January 2018

We arranged our visit to swim at the base of a waterfall with TamTravel located on-site at the Occidental Tamarindo. Segio, our driver, took us past Liberia to a place the locals go to swim. All you need is a bathing suit, towel and camera. Bring decent walking shoes as there is a 25 minute walk to the waterfall; it's nice that no vehicles are allowed near the waterfall. We swam for about an hour, then Sergio asked what we wanted to do. We said local pub, lunch and a souvenir shop. Sergio was amazing. He took us to a local pub for a Michelada, then to a "soda" (small eatery where the locals go) for the most amazing food imaginable; and very inexpensive. Sergio then took us to a small art shop where we could get some local art and souvenirs for about a third of the price we would have paid in town or at the resort. Sergio schooled us on Costa Rica and made sure we saw some Howler monkeys. The cost of the trip is the same whether you go alone or with others so book your tour with another couple or two to save some money. It is a great experience. The travel agent was super accommodating and Sergio was amazing. Can't wait to go back. John abd Gisele

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful tour of the Rincon de la Vieja National Park and volcano with Harold (Duck) and Jorge. They were both friendly, helpful and a lot of fun. They made the day, by showing us exactly where to go and when to do so. Duck took us on a great hike and pointed out the many unique fauna and flora of Costa Rica, including monkeys and a boa constrictor. Two beautiful waterfalls, one we swam in, a natural mud bath and hot springs. All of this was followed by a tasty lunch. I wouldn't do this tour without these two great guys.

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Very polite staff and they were excellent at setting everything up as well as a reminder phone call the day before. Wonderful staff !

Reviewed 16 June 2017

i cannot say enough wonderful things about Tamarindo Travel, seriously. They were prompt at picking us up to and from the airport and were by far cheaper than any other company that I researched. We also did the Rincon Valley hike and the ATV tour with them, and again they were on time and the tours were fantastic. They took as many pictures as we asked them to for us and the kids had a great time. They also went above and beyond when we had an issue with the house we were staying in when we arrived. We ended up having to leave around 7:30 at night because the place we were staying was not what we expected. I called at 7:00 at night and they answered the phone and gave me hotel recommendations of where we should stay. I would not have known where to go had they not helped me and answered the phone that night. Everyone that we worked with was so great and they are very prompt with emails and phone calls. You will not be disappointed going with this company!