Hotel Tamarindo Diria(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
USD 183
USD 177
Bookit.com
Best Western Tamarindo Vista Villas(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
USD 90
Occidental Tamarindo(Playa Langosta)
USD 201
  • Pool
USD 361
USD 198
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 329/night.

Hotel Marielos(Tamarindo)
USD 57
El Sabanero Eco Lodge(Playa Avellanas)
USD 110
USD 98
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 119/night.

USD 298
  • Pool
USD 226
USD 219
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Blue Trailz Hostel & Surf Camp(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
USD 38
Tamarindo Backpackers(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
USD 39
All reviewsprivate gardengarden of edenla plumeriaprivate walkstar roomsister hotelgrand vistapoolside massageprimavera restaurantbeautiful walkwayunlimited mimosasbeach barhot tubpool areahomemade jamsbeautiful hotelrobes and slippers
Reviewed 13 July 2017

My bride and I had visited Tamarindo in the past and call the Jardin Del Eden our home when we are in CR doing business. My bride and I decided to get married in CR while we were there next time.

Contacted the hotel and they had a wedding coordinator on staff to work with us on our very special plans. Her name is Eunice. I can't say enough about the services, commitment to detail and the pressure she took off of us getting married in a such a remote location far from our US home.

We worried about nothing, this properties staff took care of it all. So much so that I literally called two days before our arrival to ask what time the wedding was. lol lol She made us that comfortable.

The property upgraded us to an amazing private balcony suit when the ac in our reserved room went on the fritz. They went above and beyond making us so comfortable.

They had the officiant taken care of, photographer handled, dinner menu, flowers, wedding venue decorations, cocktails, cake, and it was all done with amazing enthusiasm and grace by the hotel staff.

We stayed 9 days and it was an experience I will never forget. My bride and Ihad to think of nothing. Not worry about anything.

Our room was decorated every night specially for us by the housekeeping staff, who are wonderful and thoughtful.

Our breakfast was brought to our room every morning to enjoy on our private balcony overlooking the town and ocean. Even though they did not offer room service, our personal attendant, Endy was more than happy to bring it to us in our room. It was a very nice touch and we thanked him appropriately. He also made sure everything we needed or required while staying there was provided, including a nice cocktail with the owner Wolfgang one evening.

I must say if a wedding in paradise with no worries is your goal. The staff at the Jardin Del Eden will deliver above and beyond expectations.

Room Tip: Private patio rooms with hottubs are amazing...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2017

The Great: The only complimentary meal offered is breakfast. Their breakfast, however, was an incredible spread of local fruit, fruit jams, homemade breads and local dishes. In addition to these fresh local offerings, there was also the typical bacon, eggs, cereal etc. We ate breakfast here every day of our trip and missed it when we got back (not something we always feel about the hotel food we encounter).

The Good: The hotel offers a beautiful walkway through lush vegetation throughout the property. The pool is a really nice hangout spot if you don't want to go far for a dip. Although the hotel is not located on the water, the views from higher rooms are still fantastic. The staff was incredibly friendly and provided good recommendations for local attractions and restaurants. The walkway down to the main road/beach was covered by various trees filled with families of monkeys. They did not intrude or act threatening in any way, but were fun to look for and spot lounging in the trees.

Negatives: Really very few. Dinners at the hotel restaurant provided few options and seemed over-priced (we found food to be expensive overall in Tamarindo). We like to get off hotel grounds and explore local places so this did not bother us too much. If I had to nit-pick, the hotel is about a block from the beach, but they have a secure, private walkway that takes guests right down to the main road. Across the road, there is a private beach-front grass area with private restrooms for hotel guests. This was a great amenity to have.

Room Tip: We stayed in a ocean view suite. If possible, get a room on the second floor for great views of the ocean and town.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan H
Reviewed 12 July 2017

My husband and I spent the second half of our honeymoon at this beautiful hotel. When we arrived, we were greeted with a delicious welcome drink and an amazing view. There were not many other guests during our stay, so we usually had the pool and beach areas to ourselves. Breakfast was included at the hotel restaurant and the food was amazing! I'd also recommend trying out the snack and drink menu while lounging by the pool. The service was incredible. Ernesto at the front desk was extremely accommodating and helpful. We had a wonderful time chatting with him, and he even called us down to the lobby once so we could see the resident howler monkey!! He was also happy to help us upgrade to a better room for our last 2 nights and make dinner reservations when we needed help. (Ernesto is the besto!!) Overall, we would highly recommend this boutique hotel for a romantic getaway experience.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with an ocean view! Totally worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexis S
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Jardin del eden for five nights. I have never done a hotel review but considering how wonderful our stay was, i feel compelled. The location was awesome. Just about a four min walk from our room to the main drag in Tamarindo. There is a private courtyard area at the beach with lounge chairs that seems much more secure then the beach, although it's recommended not to leave anything unsecured. About the grounds:they were clean, lush, private and beautiful. The rooms were more then adequate, very private, clean, and decorated nicely. Our room was the premium level, one level up from standard. The balcony was awesome and we had a partial ocean view. The bed was on the firm side, good for me no bueno for the wife. The restaurant onsite was amazing. The host for dinner was Mario and he was just an all around great guy, as was Endy who was the day host. The food was excellent as good as any five star resort. We ate there two nights and breakfast daily and it was as good as any of the wonderful, well known and not so well known spots in town. Over the weekend the restaurant, La Plumeria, has a six course meal that is paired with wine each course. It ran about 60 bucks for two. If you surf this is the place for you. There are multiple breaks for beginners up to expert level. The waves werent blown out once that i saw, our entire trip. There are numerous surf shops that rent all types of boards for about 10-20 dollars a day. I recommend Kelly's surf shop. The rentals are on the high side up to 20 a day but the staff are super friendly and I think have a high level of integrity. Kellys also has many different tours. We surfed every day but made time for the waterfall hike that was really cool. But back to the hotel. I think the only complaint we had whatsoever was the automatic renewsit type airfresher in the bathroom. It was an obxious hair spray smell. It was hard wited in and we directed the spray out the window. One last thing. This hotel is the sister hotel to Hotel Diria. Its right on the beach. You have privileges to the grounds and they too have a restaurant and bar. The bar has a pretty good happy hour that ends around sunset. Have fun in Costa Rica. I cant wait to go back. I would definitely stay at theJardin del eden again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve14662
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

The staff is amazing here! Breakfast is included and was delicious. World renown chef at the restaurant. Will definitely come back . Eny, dainair, mario, and Marciella were so friendly and nice! We had a hot tub and cabana and felt very relaxed. Short walk to downtown with private walk. Howler monkey right on the property.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple