See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 January 2015 via mobile

Now renamed the above with the same owner - yes it is out of the way (so much so that it is nowhere 20 minutes from the town), quiet and private but unfortunately this is where it goes downhill. Generally on a poor state of repair, water system on and off regularly and not good clean quality, communal kitchen smelly due to sink not being plummet in and water simply running onto ground, outside area overgrown and so called pool dirty. Our room was lean and upstairs bathroom nice.
We left for and other hostel in the town for the remainder of our stay

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 December 2014

Villa Kunterbunt was the perfect choice for my visit to Samara, I couldn't have picked a better place especially for the price!!! Travelling by myself I felt very safe and secure and the room and grounds are very beautiful, clean, organized and very welcoming. It also fully met my needs like wifi, private bath/shower, community kitchen and some local info. And Thomas is super-nice and helpful! I hope to be back sometime soon :)

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We don´t think this is such a terrible place, but saying this is "dreamlike" or "best experience in CR" is just ridiculous. The problem of this place is that it is overrated. The beach is close and at night it is very quiet. It is a bit far away from the shops though. The place is half abandoned, dirty and falling apart. The management (the German owner and the inexperienced young Spanish fellows in his absence) simply do not care about it. This is the problem: they are not customer orientated at all. For this reason we don´t like this place. They charge 40USD for the rooms (30 in low season). If the price would be 10 USD it "could be ok" but paying 30 or 40 USD for these rooms is too much. So if you do care about your money and don´t want to feel cheated just don´t come here. And if you come don´t expect too much...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have to mention that before travelling to Costa Rica I read very bad reviews about Cabinas Villa Kunterbunt but the experience I had was amazing. The place is surrounded by nature and the beach is just 5 mins away. I think they have a new management team, they are very friendly and even though there is a spare kitchen for customers they invited me to stay with them the whole time. They cooked fresh fish and they invited me to their table. It is true that Sámara town is like 20 mins away from the Cabinas but anyway why would you go to Sámara center when you have the beach just crossing the road? I really had a good time in Cabinas Villa Kunterbunt and I do recommend it.

Room Tip: If you have the chance, get the rooms facing the beach, sleeping with the sound of the waves is something magic
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2014

A short time ago I was allowed to experience the wonderful beauty of Cabinas-Villa-Kunterbunt and it has bewitched me.
For me it was a gift that was given to me and I will keep this wonderful experience in my thoughts.
This beautiful place is for people who appreciate this attention to details and for people who are sensitive to recognize this beauty place.
Every room was taken by Tommi unique with lots of love and invites you to stay and relax.
The beach walk to the village was one of the most beautiful moments I was allowed to experience.
The animals and plants that surround one in Villa-Kunterbunt, exude a calm and magical attraction that makes this place memorable.
Anyone who recognizes this beauty and there may stay for some time, the Villa-Kunterbunt will be as a unforgettable memories in Love.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo