“A Hidden Gem for a Costa Rican Vacation”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 6 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Stay31124...
“A Hidden Gem for a Costa Rican Vacation”
Reviewed 26 August 2018 for a stay in August 2018

We have a family of 7 and were looking for something off the beaten path in Costa Rica. Most of our friends we talked to had traveled to Monteverde or Tamarindo. These are the places you hear about. However, I found Villa Costa Del Sol located in Sámara in the cliffs overlooking the ocean and I couldn’t resist the beauty of the home and the option to have cooks and travel included to and from the airport.

Upon arriving, the home was even more stunning than the pictures! Even locals that would come to the home for our outings would gasp and tell us the view on the iconic Sámara island and beach was the best they had ever seen. The kids immediately jumped into the invinity pool. Everyone was comfortable in their spacious bedrooms with full baths and balconies. The luxury and privacy of the bedrooms made it wonderful to be there for 8 days together.

The cooks included breakfast within our package everyday and lunch and dinner was separate but totally worth it. I chose the menu the first day and Karen and Marianne became part of our family by day 2. They served meals and cleaned up for us. Some days I didn’t need a dinner but I asked them to stock the fridge with desserts. The lobster dish was incredible!

Sámara was what I imagined authentic Costa Rica to be. The beaches were beautiful and surfers love this spot. One day a family of horses just walked along the beach together without anyone managing them. I told my husband “only in Costa Rica”. The town was fun to cruise and I would describe as sleepy, but perfect to get a cocktail on the beach and get away from it all.

The walk to the beach from the house is about 20 minutes, but believe me, if you’re thinking you want a beachfront home, this one completely trumps and is worth it. We walked with our 5 kiddos down to the beach by crossing a main road and through a village and it was really fun for us. When you enter the beach you see Sámara and walk to it.

Making this trip complete, was having our hostess, Evelyn, who lives in the states, be there for us anytime we needed her. You receive detailed information before the trip, upon arrival at the airport and detailed info for tours/outings. She’s from Costa Rica and knows the people she hired to help us very well. Traveling with children, we felt completely safe and trusted her 100%. All of the locals in this town were good people and loved having us there.

I worry the next time I visit Sámara that it will have a Starbucks or a commercial shopping strip with high rise hotels but the locals promise me that they are keeping it the way it is. This home was phenomenal. If you’re looking for a mind blowing trip to Costa Rica off the beaten path, then Villa Costa Del Sol is heaven waiting.

Kathryn K
“Amazing View!!!”
Reviewed 7 August 2018 for a stay in March 2018
people found this review helpful

If you feel like living like the lifestyles of the rich and famous then Villa Costa Del Sol is the place. There are no words to describe the amazing view from the pool, it is a feeling you must experience. We floated in the pool everyday all day. The most relaxing trip I have ever taken. We walked to Town everyday. Our adventures took us on a boat ride and saw tons of dolphins, jumped off cliffs at the waterfall and finished off with some zip lining. A big shout out to Ezequiel, Mariana and Karen for taking care of us for her week. The food was delicious and we appreciated you cleaning up after us!!!! Saving the best for last our amazing host Evelyn! From the day we booked till the moment we left the communication and service was outstanding. It was like she was there with us! We will be back again someday.

washingto...
wenatchee,wa
“Simply Amazing”
Reviewed 27 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

We had three couples in our group and had a great time! Bill was very accommodating for us and Margerita was the sweetest woman ever. We were pampered and she is a great cook! The bedrooms are beautiful and the outdoor living space is where we spent all of our time. The pool is really nice and the views are breathtaking. We would go back to that house in a heartbeat. Our weather was not so good but we had a few sunny days! We followed the hurricane that went through right
before Thanksgiving!! It was warm though with a few days of rain. The walk to the beach is a ways so we would walk down and get a taxi back. The area is quaint on the beach not alot of restaurants or resorts at all,so if your looking for vendors or things on the beach it is pretty quiet. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and if your on the fence don't hesitate for this beautiful home.

Stefan S
NYC
“Unbelievably Beautiful and Relaxing - Perfect!”
Reviewed 29 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

Our family of 6 (parents, my boyfriend and I (late 20s), and my two little sisters (17 and 19)) visited for a week in late June 2015 to celebrate my parents 30th wedding anniversary. (From what we understood, it was supposed to be rainy season, but we lucked out with the "little summer" and a week of beautiful sunny days.)

We made it to the house mid-day on Saturday and really could not believe our eyes. The home itself is beautiful - as the pictures indicate - and the views are, as someone else stated, simply breathtaking. The home is grand and spacious, with all of the things one needs to feel at home - beach and pool towels, floats for the pool, body boards for the beach, kitchen utensils, AC for the bedrooms, etc. We spent much of our vacation eating, drinking, reading, and playing games in and around the AMAZING pool. The entire family agreed that, while Samara is great, the house MADE the vacation. One of my favorite memories was watching an incredible lightning and thunderstorm from the beautiful porch area one of the nights. Whether watching a storm or waking up and rolling over to a sunny day, the ocean, and Isla Chora, the views made it easy to relax and forget about our jobs and responsibilities.

The icing on the cake was that the property manager, Bill, streamlined the entire travel process. He sent us tons of information prior to the trip, answered all of our questions, and gave us advice that made our travel to and from the airport and our stay at the home as easy and enjoyable as possible. From flight tips, to how to get to and from the airport - and the arrangement of such travel, to what to do and enjoy, the advice put us at complete ease. On the day we arrived, he even took my parents to pick up their rental car and on a tour of the town.

All of the people we met in Samara were friendly and welcoming. We didn't leave the town for an entire week (except to do a horseback ride with the Horse Jungle (Georgia was great!) to Playa Barrigona, which was also incredibly beautiful and isolated). (While we're giving plugs, ziplining with WingNuts, which is literally right down the street, was a favorite fun activity that the whole family was SO glad to have done - even us who are afraid of heights.) Overall, the beautiful, relaxing home and the quiet (but not too quiet), non-touristy beach town made for a PERFECT vacation.

Perhaps the greatest endorsement we can give is that we're already contemplating how soon we can return. Highly recommend!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
9 Aug 2015
Dear Andie,

Thank you for taking the time to write that wonderful review. It is extremely rewarding to know that our guests enjoyed themselves enough to make them want to come back and it motivates us to keep working harder to offer you a vacation that you would never forget. It's also very helpful for future guests as it lets them know what to expect, what places to visit and the activities that you enjoyed the most. We loved the opportunity to host your stay in Villa Costa del Sol and to meet you and your lovely family. We look forward to seeing you all very soon. Viva bien esta vida! Bill & Evelyn
Bamajrv
Scottsville, Kentucky
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed 29 July 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

I first visited Casa Del Sol in May 2014. This was my first time visiting this area of Costa Rica. My trip was outstanding, the local culture was very courteous, the restaurants were open air with very good prepared cuisine, the weather, beaches and stunning views of the ocean were indescribable. I returned to Casa Del Sol on December 23rd 2014 to spend Christmas and New Year’s in the tropics. Can you imagine anything better than to wake up on Christmas morning with your loved ones to some of the most stunning views imaginable as well as experiencing the exuberance for the New Year watching from the balcony as fireworks showered the night sky lighting the ocean on New Year’s Eve! Evelyn the owner as always was amazing, she was very supportive, kind and caring to ensure that my trip exceeded my hopes and dreams. Bill her property manager continued to excel in his support of any tasks associated with making my stay enjoyable and everything that it could be. I definitely plan on spending much more time at Casa Del Sol!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The home, decor, location and infinity pool are amazing!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
29 Jul 2015
Dear Jim, It was our pleasure to welcome you and your family back into Villa Costa del Sol for this very special occasion. We are very pleased when our guests have a wonderful experience enough to make them want to return. It is our ultimate goal to make your vacation everything that you hoped and dreamed. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to continue making unforgettable, joyous memories. Viva bien esta vida! Evelyn & Bill
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing