First, just careful of the hot water in sink and shower especially if you have children. It is scalding.
We spent 3nights here at the begging of March. The people were very nice. The hotel was pretty and in good repair. For me it was nice for the three days to just relax at the pool, but if your looking for a resort with a few restaurants and variety entertainment, this isn't it. It has one adequate restaurant which you can eat at downstairs or upstairs open air seating looking out at the shore, very nicer. One night they had a couple singing up there and we started with happy hour, 5:00-6:00, watched the sunset and had dinner up there. We even danced to the music. Great night.
There's not much else around You have to drive about 30 minutes to Tamarindo which has some shopping and restaurants. We didn't because the roads aren't that great and we had driven about 4 hours from Arenal area (great place) to get here.
There's are two pools. One is really small behind one of the buildings. The big one was very nice and had a cool swim up bar. It has two platforms with about 5 chairs on each in the pool. They're pretty nice,but the others around the pool I found uncomfortable. No cushioning. We had a balcony facing the pool which was very nice.
Now the beach; I'm kind of spoiled because I live on Long Island in New York and we have great beaches. The beach here was right across the little street. On high tide it was pretty much gone. I love the beach and swimming in the ocean but I didn't swim here. There were a lot of little fish, some bigger ones and I saw 5 sting rays near the shore. Cool to see but.....
We had the breakfast included plan. The breakfast buffet is good but I didn't realize you can ask for an omelet or fried eggs, which IS included, until the last morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once you've experienced a Pacific Ocean sunset from the Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa, you may never want to leave. Located in the vacation province of Guancaste, you’ll be perfectly-positioned to explore Costa Rica's natural beauty and limitless adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Playa Flamingo
- Flamingo Beach Resort Costa Rica