2,320 results
All reviewsswim up baracross the streetall inclusive planall inclusive packagecosta ricabreakfast planping pongsunset loungepool viewarenas restaurantwater aerobicspura vidanight lifelounge chairssmall casinodestination weddinglarge pool
Reviewed 21 December 2011

In December 2010 my husband and I travelled to Costa Rica to investigate possible venues for our daughter’s wedding. We met with Juan Carlos Rojas who provided information regarding various wedding options as well as giving us a comprehensive tour of the venue, grounds, and accommodations. We were impressed by his professionalism and willingness to invest his time to discuss this important day with us. In the weeks that followed my daughter and I contacted Juan Carlos on several occasions with more questions, all of which were answered thoroughly and quickly, instilling a confidence that lead us to select Playa Flamingo Beach Resort and Spa as the wedding venue. This was definitely the right decision!

On November 30th, 2011, our daughter was married at Playa Flamingo Beach Resort and Spa and the day was an overwhelming success thanks to Juan Carlos and all of the wedding staff who executed the many details flawlessly. The venue was meticulously decorated, the food was superb, and the service was outstanding in all regards! The bride and groom were thrilled and all of our guests were equally impressed. Juan Carlos did an excellent job as wedding planner to make Jillian and Blake’s wedding day a wonderful reflection of such a special event. Juan Carlos and the entire staff get 3-thumbs up!

Mona Murdoch, ON, Canada

Room Tip: Oceanview suites are perfect for groups and late night gatherings - bright, spacious, and well-equipped.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Mona M
Reviewed 20 December 2011

You won't confuse this place with the Four Seasons, but it had nice rooms, a pool with plenty of room for the guests, and an attentive staff. It overlooks the beach (though there's a public gravel road between the hotel grounds and the beach. It was a bargain, too.

Flamingo Beach itself is one of the nicest in the area. The resort is right in the small town. I'd choose this over the touristy Tamarindo area any day (unless you really value nightclubbing).

There are a surprising number of nice, interesting restaurants and bars in the area, so I don't think I'd opt for the all-inclusive plan.

Room Tip: The first floor is practically below-ground. I'd get 3rd floor if possible. It's a V-shape and I'd definitely opt for the pool/beach view rooms rather than the ones on the outside of the V. Ask to be as far from the main entrance (thus as close to the beach) as possible.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Can't beat the location but the hotel really lacks in the customer service department. My wife and I stayed there 4 nights from Dec. 6-10. Our first room was on the ground floor. It was an acceptable room accept for the fact the we literally had live crabs in our room daily and by night #2 we discovered insect bites all over our bodies. Yes, they were bed bugs, confirmed when we returned back to the states.

We requested to speak to a manager but were told that none were present. After asking to speak to a clerk in private, we were brought to an office and told there were no other rooms available. After a tense 20 minutes, we were given ther keys to a beautiful suite on the 2nd floor. It was a very nice room but in the end, I'm glad that we didn;t pay for it. The last night of our stay, they decided to have a party right outside the room that last well into the night. Called the desk and was told that the loud music would end by 9:30. 11:30 rolled around and the music was still incredibly loud. When I called the desk again, they told me that the people had paid for the party. They didn;t seem concerned that I paid for some sleep.

Food - breakfast was great but lunch at the poolside bar was a sloppy mess.
Activities Desk - they were clueless as to what they were selling and just wanted to push us to the most expensive trips. The conceirge was more helpful.

Room Tip: Avoid anything on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sailrg
Reviewed 19 December 2011

This hotel COULD be SOOO much better if the staff cared at all. The only good staff member is the bartender Oscar. The staff tried to charge me for minibar items that I didn't use, and then looked at me like I was some kind of A-hole when I disputed it. They treat the "blue wristbanders" (ALL inclusive) guests like 3rd rate citizens. They don't make your drinks until everyone else at the bar is served, then they try to cut you off after 6-7 drinks throughout the day. The all inclusive is TOTALLY NOT worth it. The food is only average and there are several restaurants nearby that are GREAT!! (Antonio's and Mar y Sol). The beach is decent and the pool is nice. A decent value if you get it for less than $100 a night. Bring your bug spray!!

Room Tip: Poolside is noisy early...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Guy H
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I don’t know what else to say besides I was BLOWN AWAY by my visit to Flamingo! We can’t wait to come back…. And neither can my family and friends! We have been to Costa Rica 3 times before but we will make it a point now to always return to Flamingo Beach Resort for now on. Not only did we have a fabulous vacation but thanks to the wonderful staff I will never forget the most beautiful day of my life, my wedding day! We would like to thank all of the staff, they were ALL amazing, attentive, fun, and super helpful. Even from the beginning when selecting the hotel Linda was so helpful, caring, and patient with all of my emails. I would like to say a few special thanks to a few of them, starting with Juan Carlos Rojas. Juan Carlos was always so patient and helpful with every detail of the wedding. He put me at ease being able to plan a wedding in another country, he was so caring and never complained despite all of my emails and every wedding detail surpassed what I could have ever dreamed of! Juan Carlos was there for every part of the wedding and astonished me with his ideas and attention to detail. Thank you for creating such a perfect wedding! Carlos, the chef, my wedding guests are still raving over not only the wedding dinner/appetizers but every meal we had at Flamingo. We also want to thank you for preparing the fish that we caught, which was also amazing. Gravain, Elias, Oscar and Glenda thank you for being such wonderful bartenders! You all made outstanding drinks and you always made them with a smile! Elias and Gravain thank you for entertaining my guest not only during the wedding but during the whole week! And to Oscar, we are so glad you got back from vacation in time for our wedding, it would not have been the same without you! Thank you for being so kind and patient with all of us who kept you busy…. You are amazing! We would also like to thank Lulu for all of her fun activities, her incredible kindness to everyone, and her unbelievable energy! My family loved water aerobics and we loved bartending class too. We want to thank Krisler at the front desk for always giving service with a smile and being so thoughtful to us and all of our guest! As well as all of the wonderful people who worked the front desk. Manuel was such an incredible and hard working guy… he always had a smile despite sometimes having to move luggage from room to room. Thank you to Pablo for helping the groom and his groomsman book an amazing fishing trip in Flamingo bay, we have pictures to prove it! Thank you to Orlando for always being such a gracious and kind server during lunch and dinner. We were so happy with Alexandar, our DJ, which helped create the perfect party atmosphere for our guest. The lights and smoke were a great surprise and he was so kind despite last minute music changes. Victoria (and her assistant from the beauty salon) you guys are amazing; I will thank her everyday when I look at my pictures because of what an amazing job she did on my hair and makeup!
We had such a fabulous time we wish we could do it all over again!! We can’t wait to visit again soon!! We can’t thank you all enough for making our wedding day such a perfect day! Because of all of you our friends and family have fallen in love with Costa Rica like we have!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends