“Wonderful wedding experience”

Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Playa Flamingo
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 24 December 2011

My friends selected this location for their wedding in September. This hotel did everything to make their wedding experience wonderful and took extra care to add details that we didn't even anticipate. The decor was wonderful (flowers and table settings). The beach setting was like a dream for the ceremony and best of all, the hotel arranged for a very fun band to play for the reception. The bar staff was very attentive and helped make it a great time. The food for the reception was delicious (much better than the food for the average meal we could find in Costa Rica).

While this hotel isn't the type I would usually select (too large, more family oriented) - I would absolutely recommend it for families and wedding celebrations.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Hannah B
Write a ReviewReviews (2,164)

Reviewed 21 December 2011

In December 2010 my husband and I travelled to Costa Rica to investigate possible venues for our daughter’s wedding. We met with Juan Carlos Rojas who provided information regarding various wedding options as well as giving us a comprehensive tour of the venue, grounds, and accommodations. We were impressed by his professionalism and willingness to invest his time to discuss this important day with us. In the weeks that followed my daughter and I contacted Juan Carlos on several occasions with more questions, all of which were answered thoroughly and quickly, instilling a confidence that lead us to select Playa Flamingo Beach Resort and Spa as the wedding venue. This was definitely the right decision!

On November 30th, 2011, our daughter was married at Playa Flamingo Beach Resort and Spa and the day was an overwhelming success thanks to Juan Carlos and all of the wedding staff who executed the many details flawlessly. The venue was meticulously decorated, the food was superb, and the service was outstanding in all regards! The bride and groom were thrilled and all of our guests were equally impressed. Juan Carlos did an excellent job as wedding planner to make Jillian and Blake’s wedding day a wonderful reflection of such a special event. Juan Carlos and the entire staff get 3-thumbs up!

Mona Murdoch, ON, Canada

Room Tip: Oceanview suites are perfect for groups and late night gatherings - bright, spacious, and well-equip...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Mona M
Reviewed 20 December 2011

You won't confuse this place with the Four Seasons, but it had nice rooms, a pool with plenty of room for the guests, and an attentive staff. It overlooks the beach (though there's a public gravel road between the hotel grounds and the beach. It was a bargain, too.

Flamingo Beach itself is one of the nicest in the area. The resort is right in the small town. I'd choose this over the touristy Tamarindo area any day (unless you really value nightclubbing).

There are a surprising number of nice, interesting restaurants and bars in the area, so I don't think I'd opt for the all-inclusive plan.

Room Tip: The first floor is practically below-ground. I'd get 3rd floor if possible. It's a V-shape...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Can't beat the location but the hotel really lacks in the customer service department. My wife and I stayed there 4 nights from Dec. 6-10. Our first room was on the ground floor. It was an acceptable room accept for the fact the we literally had live crabs in our room daily and by night #2 we discovered insect bites all over our bodies. Yes, they were bed bugs, confirmed when we returned back to the states.

We requested to speak to a manager but were told that none were present. After asking to speak to a clerk in private, we were brought to an office and told there were no other rooms available. After a tense 20 minutes, we were given ther keys to a beautiful suite on the 2nd floor. It was a very nice room but in the end, I'm glad that we didn;t pay for it. The last night of our stay, they decided to have a party right outside the room that last well into the night. Called the desk and was told that the loud music would end by 9:30. 11:30 rolled around and the music was still incredibly loud. When I called the desk again, they told me that the people had paid for the party. They didn;t seem concerned that I paid for some sleep.

Food - breakfast was great but lunch at the poolside bar was a sloppy mess.
Activities Desk - they were clueless as to what they were selling and just wanted to push us to the most expensive trips. The conceirge was more helpful.

Room Tip: Avoid anything on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sailrg
Reviewed 19 December 2011

This hotel COULD be SOOO much better if the staff cared at all. The only good staff member is the bartender Oscar. The staff tried to charge me for minibar items that I didn't use, and then looked at me like I was some kind of A-hole when I disputed it. They treat the "blue wristbanders" (ALL inclusive) guests like 3rd rate citizens. They don't make your drinks until everyone else at the bar is served, then they try to cut you off after 6-7 drinks throughout the day. The all inclusive is TOTALLY NOT worth it. The food is only average and there are several restaurants nearby that are GREAT!! (Antonio's and Mar y Sol). The beach is decent and the pool is nice. A decent value if you get it for less than $100 a night. Bring your bug spray!!

Room Tip: Poolside is noisy early...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
11.2 km away
Hotel Riu Guanacaste
Hotel Riu Guanacaste
#1 of 1 in Playa Matapalo

Been to Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!