“Wouldn't go back if you paid me”

Costa Rica Vacation One
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playas del Coco
Costa Rica Vacation One
san diego, ca
“Wouldn't go back if you paid me”
Reviewed 4 November 2010

My best advise to anyone considering this property is DON'T GO! I just returned from a week long trip to Coco Sunset, Playas del coco, Costa Rica (Oct 23-30, 2010)
Construction - We were awoken EVERY morning at 7am by hammering going on in the unit next to where we were sleeping. Not to mention the roads to the unit was not entirely paved. It's a steep climb through mud and rocks from the gravel parking lot to the unit.
Lack of Amenities - The WORST beds I've ever slept on. We woke up with sore necks and backs. Cheap linens and towels felt like sand paper. We had to go out and purchase our own paper towels for the kitchen.
Safety was OK. The property is not very well lit. So walking at night, even to the restaurant on the property is a bit scary. Take a flashlight. Security was always around and easy to find, and the in room safe worked. Outside of that, I never really felt safe in the town. It's more like a 10 minute walk to the beach and probably 15 minutes to the town.
Bugs are definitely an issue. The doors are not properly sealed so when it rains (almost daily) the ants come inside to find a dry place. Not to mention we found a small wasp nest in our "master suite" the night before we were leaving. We had to take all our belongings into the other room to sleep.
DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE SALES STAFF. Upon our arrival after almost 24 hours total travel time, we were tricked into a "thank you breakfast" which turned out to be a 90 minute timeshare presentation. Once we realised this and decided NOT to waste an hour and a half of OUR vacation, the sales woman Katrina was knocking on our door telling us we HAD to go to the breakfast because EVERYONE goes to the breakfast. When I told her we were not interested and felt a bit mislead, there was NO apology or any attempt to find out what was wrong.
Don't waste your time! I'm sure there are nicer places in Costa Rica. Unfortunately our view of the country was a little tainted by staying at this place. I don't think we'll be going back. Good luck!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
8 Thank skipmeow

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Czech first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 8 June 2010

I found this vacation spot through trading my timeshare week on Interval International. Coco Sunset Vacation Club was advertised on Interval International as a resort that had plenty of activities for the kids and family to do. The beach in the pictures was white sand and blue water. There were several pools and the rooms where absolutely stunning. When my two sons and I arrived there it was NOT even close to what was advertised. It turned out to be condos instead of a resort. The condo we were in was a two bedroom two story. There was no phone in our condo and if we needed something from the front office I had to walk about a half of a mile down the road to the office to ask for it. There was one television which we got a lot of use of since we were bored out of our minds. They said they had laundry facilities but it turned out they didn't but they use a laundry facility a couple of miles away at another resort that I had to walk to. There was one small pool and Jacuzzi but Jacuzzi the was broken. One entire day the water was shut off from our condo without any notice. The maids came to clean up one time and they changed out the four towels and sheets. There were no extra trash bags, towels or paper towels. The management was VERY RUDE and did not apologize or try and make up for the misrepresentation of the RESORT/ really a condo. My kids were bored out of their mind. The beach had black sand and the water was murky. There was trash and bums on the beach near the resort. The place was completely empty other than two other couples I met who were VERY dissatisfied with the place as well. There was ABSOLUTLEY NO service. No one offered to shuttle us from our condo to the office or to the laundry facilities. Again I have had my timeshare for six years and never have I ran into such a scam when I trade my week for another elsewhere. These people running this place are only interested in selling condos and they will push for you to go to their 90 minute presentation. its a rip off. This was not a vacation it was horrible. The place is 18 miles from the Liberia airport but you have to pay between $40 and $45 dollars for a taxi to take you to this place. To top it off you can't drink at the pool. That's right no beer cans no alcohol at the pool. I might as well have stayed home. No dishwasher, no room service, had to reuse towels for days, spiders and red ants everywhere inside the condo, no bar, one television, NO PHONE, No activities for kids, NOTHING just a condo in the middle of what looked like the ghetto. Galveston is a better beach than this.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family