4,810 results
All reviews royal beach club room service zip lining erik garcia swim up bar swiss travel costa rica dinner reservations pizza our honeymoon italian restaurant main pool hot springs all inclusives pura vida make reservations horseback riding
Reviewed 1 November 2015

This is a beautiful property designed for relaxing and to have a general sense of space. As I was part of a conference, I barely got to enjoy all that it offered but I would most definitely like to return.

My only issue was with the A/C in the room, the conference rooms and restaurants... just a few degrees higher than my comfort zone.

The staff was simply fantastic and they work their butts off. It must not be easy dealing with such a spread out system.

It's almost unfair to name someone and leave out others but I do have to mention one of the best barmen ever: Marbell Corrales. My preferred drink would be ready as I approached the bar... This is while surrounded by another 400 people with disimilar demands. His attitude, attention to detail, service is certainly something worth pointing out.

Another gentleman who was most gracious was Andres Jimenez at the reception. I had a made a call a few days early to ask to change my reservation and upon arrival (again with a group of people) he recognized me.

Those kinds of individuals make for a different experience anywhere one goes. I hereby authorize the hotel management to give those two gents a raise. While we're at it, do it with the rest of the team.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank AJTraveler2013
WestinConchal, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - All-Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2015

Dear AJTraveler2013,
We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments.
It’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels. Also we want to thank you for your kind words about our people, we all work with passion to give our guests a renewal experience, and we're happy to hear that we achieve this with you. We appreciate your constructive comments about the meeting facilities and AC, and we will take the corrective measures to improve in this area.
The next time you visit Costa Rica, we hope to have you back at The Westin.

Reviewed 30 October 2015

This is one of the best all inclusive resorts that we have visited. Enjoyed the beach, private pools, and dining. The breakfast buffet was out of this world! Many water activities to participate in. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank uni92fan

Dear uni92fan,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.
We're glad to hear that you had a great vacation and hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 29 October 2015

After hiking the Camino, we rested for a few days and we were off again to another paradise, Costa Rica. Not too easy to get there, but well worth it. Landing in that tiny airport, the Westin shuttle was waiting and ready to deliver all of us. This was a group of about 50 or so and the resort took great care of us.

The king suite was amazing and huge. All aspects of the suite and the grounds and all of this resort was first class. The restaurants varied a bit from ordinary to delicious, but who can argue with any all-inclusive resort that takes care of its guests? Not me.

A little like Jamaica, there are hawkers outside of the resort, between it and the beach, but they were kind and not selling illegal substances. Mostly clothes, jewelry, and cheap massages...lots of massage gals. Lots. Sometimes, they were the most aggressive, but the nicest ones were rewarded with our $20 per hour massage.

We did not spend our dollars at the resort spa, but I'm sure it's very nice...if the rest of the resort is any indication.

The pool and its bar are spectacular too. Most of the dinner restaurants were delicious and fully inclusive of everything. This is a, relatively speaking, bargain of an all-inclusive resort with food, libations, landscapes, beach, warm water, and fun water sports too.

And, if you want to venture out, the real Costa Rica way of life is just a short walk down the beach and there it is. Get out there and enjoy Pura Vida!

Room Tip: Once you get there, it's 45 minutes to Pura Vida....and take that home forever!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CapitanBrad

Dear CapitanBrad,
Thank you very much for choosing us for your romantic getaway.
We're happy to hear that you had a beautiful vacation in our resort and enjoyed the warm service of our people and everything that our All Inclusive has to offer to our guests for a renewal experience.
We truly appreciate all your kind comments and we will be waiting for your next visit!
Warm regards and pura vida!

Reviewed 29 October 2015 via mobile

My husband and I spent 10 days at the beautiful Westin at Playa Conchal.

First of all we are absolutely in love with Costa Rica. What a beautiful country and the people here are so HAPPY and FRIENDLY. This is unlike other countries we have been to. Also most of the locals speak English.

We loved the Westin ! I'll address a couple things that I read that concerned me:
"Rainy" season in Guanacaste basically means night time showers or maybe the occasional early afternoon down poor that maybe lasts 30 mins. Don't be afraid to visit this country at any time of year. I felt as if we had a huge advantage price wise and privacy wise being there during the slow season anyways.

The food is decent. One of the better all inclusive's I've had. The Mediterranean and the Latin restaurants were my favorite. Least favorite was the French. Pizza by the pool was excellent.

The drinks here are GREAT. Royal beach club offered us top shelf but honestly we preferred to stay at the big pool near the beach where Rene and Alexander made the best drinks with the best service. They were so much fun.

The activities were so-so .... I want to say they didn't emphasize on them too much given its the slow season. We did many excursions. Jet skis, Arenal volcano, ATVs, pure adrenaline and the all inclusive kayaks and wave boards. We booked through destination services, Swiss travel, and conchal adventures (guy on the beach named Alex Rabbit) ... All were legit and willing to work with you on days/times/prices. Alex will give you the best price on ATVs!!

The resort is big but everything is walking distance unless you have a disability. However they do offer shuttles that drive you from place to place and they are ALWAYS out. So nice for when it rains. If you are lucky you will get Melvin Contreras as your driver - he was super friendly and always happy.

Our first impression came from Andres at the front desk - he was awesome and so so happy. He made us feel welcome right away. He also checked us out and had the same smile and attitude.

The beach is BEAUTIFUL. The sand is better if you walk out and to the left. If you walk to the right you will see the town called Brasilito. We ate at the beach bar which was slightly over priced (most things are in Costa Rica) but very good food and service.

So the reason I'm giving 4 stars and not 5 is because #1 because we were not given the correct room that we paid for through Costco because the Royal beach club opened earlier than expected and instead of giving us the room there too they just gave us access to the amenities. When I found out it was open (they didn't bother telling us) I went back that night and asked to move there and they argued with me and said to come back tomorrow so I just left it alone and stayed where I was.
#2 the breakfast food was so-so and very inconsistent. One day the food was good the next day it was horrible and barely had any fruit and the fruit that was there was horrible tasting. The Royal beach club breakfast was AWFUL. #3 there was a conference with A LOT (400) people that arrived at the same time as us and not that it's the hotels fault but I felt some of the people were very inconsiderate. They basically were there throwing parties for a week straight and that's fine but there were drunk people in the pool fully clothed at 6am and some lady stumbled all over me and my husband and they were just throwing their empty cups/trash in the bushes. No respect !!

We would and hopefully will return to Costa Rica in the near future. And this resort was amazing. Thanks for a great honeymoon.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Amanda S

Dear Amanda S,
Thank you very much for choosing us for your honeymoon.
We're glad to hear that you had a renewal time in our resort and enjoyed the beautiful facilities, nature and the warm service of our people. We all work with passion to give our guests a wonderful experience and we're glad to hear that we achieve this with you. As well, we truly appreciate your constructive comments about the culinary offer and RBC, it will helps us to improve in our opportunity areas to offer a better experience to our guests.
The next time you visit Costa Rica, we hope to have you back at The Westin.

Reviewed 29 October 2015

I fell in love with this place, and I intend to come back with my family next year. The grounds are beautiful, the beach is gorgeous and very private, the staff were wonderful! I highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank ShannonMcDonald

Dear ShannonMcDonald,
Thank you very much for your beautiful comments!
We will be waiting for your next visit.
Warm regards and pura vida,