1,633 results
All reviewsluxury suitehanging bridgesheated poolswim up baroutdoor showerla fortunahappy hourarenal volcanocosta ricagolf carthiking trailsrocking chairstabacon hot springsgift shopsteep hillstandard roomrental car
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Do yourself a favor and book Casita 52. It has the best view I have ever seen from any hotel...and the view comes with its own patio and two rocking chairs!!

This is perfect place to stay if you want to explore the Arenal area. But, you must remember you are in a tropical forest. If you want peace and the sounds of the forest, this is for you.

The staff service is amazing. The food is excellent. We sat for all three meals.

The outdoor shower was very rustic and fun. And the jetted tub on the patio provides a relaxing view of the volcano.

This by far is one of the most beautiful places we have ever stayed!

Things to remember. Being in the forest, beetles will be on patio in morning, bugs are attracted to light at night. But, it’s lovely to hear monkeys at dusk and birds in the morning.

We cannot speak for the regular rooms. Just remember....Casita 52!!

This for true nature lovers, not the RitzCarlton/Plaza crowd. It’s built to show you the wonder of the area.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rich C
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I am shocked at some of the negative reviews. I'm assuming the hotel was having a bad few months. Also shocked if anyone says there is nothing to do. This is an amazing location with a rain forest volcano view that CANNOT BE BEAT!

We have stayed at the famous "tabacon" but to be honest this is your place if you love to walk on gorgeous paths to breakfast or hop in the car and be 5 minutes to the hanging bridges. And you are only 12 minutes from Arenal National Park!

My family and I would adventure ALL morning - zip lines, hanging bridges, adventure hikes and then come back to the pool for "happy hour!". Unwind in room and rock in your rocking chairs overlooking the moon, stars and volcano.

Staff was super friendly and helpful multiple times.

Room Tip: We could hear people above us (we are on first floor), but it didn't bother me.
2  Thank megancantwait2travel
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Very nice room and view! Stayed 3 nights-very comfortable. However, the TV didn't work. We ate dinner in the restaurant once and it would have been excellent except the food wasn't hot enough. Staff is very pleasant. Used the laundry service and they did a very nice job-reasonably priced. Can't comment on the breakfast as our excursions left too early. Overall, very pleasant surroundings and peaceful.

1  Thank Susan B
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Room: we stayed in a luxury suite. Room was very large, well appointed. We had a king size bed and a roll away bed, and there was still tons of room. Balcony overlooking volcano and rainforest, with a jacuzzi, was spectacular. Bathroom was top notch and spacious.

Food: The breakfast, which is included in price of room, was outstanding. Some of the best omelets I have ever had along with a wide selection of fresh fruits, sausages/bacon, etc. We had dinner at the restaurant and I had the new york strip, which was cooked perfectly, and I am a stickler when it comes to my steaks. My wife and son liked their meals, but did not love them.

Service: Everyone was very kind and responsive to every question, etc. They are also very flexible, e.g., my wife wanted a massage after a day of physical activities and they were able to find someone that evening.

Atmosphere: It's in a secluded location, so the atmosphere is quiet and peaceful. The hotel has 20 rooms, so nothing is ever too crowded. There are also hiking trails and hanging bridges within walking distance. If you want to be in the thick of the hotel/restaurant scene in the area, this is not the place for you. If you want a quiet place, with very nice rooms in the middle of the rainforest, you won't do better.

Room Tip: If you choose a first floor room, you will get a private outdoor shower.
2  Thank UberChicagoDad
Reviewed 23 March 2018

let me summarize this for you:
- Amazing property
- Amazing views
- Great Service
- One of the best rooms I have stayed in so far!

Since I did some last minute booking at La Fortuna (Could not get all 5 nights at Tabacon), I found 2 nights in a suite at Lost Iguana. Driving up to the property, I was a bit stressed as I had no idea what the room would look like and their web-site is not the best in the world. I must say that I was not only pleasantly surprised, I was amazed at the quality, location, cleanliness, and amenities of the room. Coupled with the great service at the hotel, I give the property 5/5 stars! Please see the pictures I have attached. My one and only tiny comment is that compared to the great food in La Fortuna, the resort food is quite expensive and not the best in the area. However, breakfast is free and excellent. To summarize, I HIGHLY recommend a stay at the Lost Iguana Resort & Spa in their luxury suite!!!!!

Room Tip: Best Views, Luxury, Great Service
3  Thank Exsold