My husband and I stayed here 3 nights in November and had an amazing time. We had an upstairs room with a hot tub on the balcony and the most amazing view. It's as if you are looking out on the dawn of time, where everything is so pristine- vibrant colors, humingbirds flitting by- wow! We were welcomed into our room with a card accompanying a bottle of wine and notebook for our honeymoon stay. The room itself is amazingly spacious, with unique decor. I have so many positive things to say about Lost Iguana that I'm not sure where to start, so I'll just list them.
- Great gift shop. The best of all the hotels we stayed at in Costa Rica.
-Wonderful food- we ate almost all of our meals here- yes, we did have a car, but we were so exhausted from all of the "adventure" activities we did on the previous part of our honeymoon that we just wanted to hang out and relax. And, even if we didn't have a car, we still could have eaten all of our meals here with no problem. My favorites- the specialty soup, guacamole, hearts of palm salad, ceviche
- The most beautiful spa I've ever seen. There is a large spa building near the gift shop with saunas ( & tubs in the saunas) available for all guests. Even if you don't want any services, you should just go and check out the building for it's gorgeous design. You can also order spa services which you receive in a hut overlooking the river. It was phenomenal receiving a couples massage, listening to the actual sounds of the rainforest with a fire roaring next to us.
- Great service- We had some pretty rank laundry from our rafting trip- all damp clothes that had been closed up in a plastic bag for over 4 days. They laundered it and had everything fresh, clean, and folded back in our room in just a few hours. Also, at about half the price of some other hotels' laundry service we stayed at (the good prices go for the mini bar too!). Room service also went smoothly. And, in the middle of the night, we heard some loud thuds on our roof. We called down & someone was up in 5-10 minutes (never discovered what it was).
- Great pool. Nice happy hour scene here. They have some 2 for 1 specials you can enjoy in a heated swim up pool bar. Very nice.
- On the lava flow side of Arenal. We were able to see the glowing cone of the volcano at night and a little bit of lava flow.
My only complaint at all about the Lost Iguana was that the room smelled a little musty, and sheets were a little damp due to humidity. My only suggestion would be to improve the AC to block out more humidity to the rooms. We brought a scented travel candle and that helped.
Perfect for a honeymoon. We had a car, but actually didn't use it that much. Went to the hanging bridges & saw a monkey, lots of birds, and great views. Also went to Eco Termales hot springs- I would recommend going at night- very romantic. Overall, very nice place to stay, with the best view we had in Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Lost Iguana