This place is so nice!! Lot of privacy, very clean and a warm welcome!
The view of turrialba is fantastic, we enjoyed it having a very private breakfast that Annett prepared for us. Annette and her husband are very nice persons! The price is good for what they offered. Strongly recommend!!
My husband and I stayed here for a week and it was wonderful. Not only is the farm beautiful with amazing views of the volcanoes, but the owners, Annette and Harry, are some of the nicest people we've met in our 5 weeks of traveling here. They made sure we were well cared for and were always up for a bit of conversation or answering our endless questions. :) It truly felt like staying with family - not awkward family, but your cool aunt and uncle. :)
Breakfasts were DELICIOUS. And they are very accommodating about dietary restrictions. (Veggies!!!) Dinners are $10 per person and were also good. We chose to cook for ourselves a few nights or go into town, which I might recommend if you're on a budget/already in town, since you can find meals for less $$ at smaller restaurants.
You can go hiking for hours on the property and they're opening up more trails. Annette took me on a long walk one day when my husband had to do some work online and it was lovely. Horseback riding is also available and very reasonable at $50 per couple. (The guide doesn't speak much English, but the owners are fluent.) Lots of birds and other critters to see. Hot showers!!! Warm beds. Well appointed cabinas. Wifi.
- AWD/4x4 is a MUST. You can't get up the final incline to the farm without it. But Harry will drive you up in his if you will leave yours parked at the bottom.
- Bring warm PJ's as the nights are cool.
- Bring hiking boots or gumshoes you don't mind getting muddy if it rains.
- Going into Turrialba or other surrounding towns is pretty easy and maybe about 30 mins. driving or less. Check out the Farmers market!
- Stay for longer than 2 nights to really enjoy the place. Great way to go on a few adventures and still find time to enjoy the peace and beauty.
- DOGS. There are two friendly Dobermans who will come say hi any chance they get. The younger one sometimes barks and jumps, but is just being friendly so don't fret. Just tell her to sit if you're overwhelmed. :)
Annette and Harry where the most welcoming people we have met in Costa Rica. And Costa rica is a pretty welcoming country. Their place is set on top of a mountain overlooking two volcanoes and a valley. It's very remote, which means rest and relaxation are easy to come buy. Not only did Annette and Harry cook great meals for us, but they also did our laundry, taught us about their farm, got us to try different fruits, etc. After breakfast Harry and Annette got us to tag along for the daily walks with their dogs. Their land is absolutely beautiful and peaceful. Not only is it a great place to be, but their cabins are also sustainably built, using only wood from their property that they planted 25 years ago for this exact purpose. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend staying here as a better alternative than staying in the more popular mountain lodges.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|
|Families with young children||People with pets|