Villa Calas(Poas Volcano National Park)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
USD 70
USD 61
Orbitz.com
USD 68
USD 57
Villa Pacande Bed & Breakfast(Poas Volcano National Park)(Great Value!)
USD 26
USD 142
USD 111
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 125/night.

Poas Lodge and Restaurant(Poas Volcano National Park)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfire pitdairy farmpoas volcanosan josereception areacosta ricabeautiful locationtraditional breakfastlovely hotelstandard roomgreat thingsgravel roadthe main housefriendly animalsnational parkamazing viewshot water in the shower
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

The road to this hotel is horrible, one of the worse in costa rica and I live in Costa rica. We got stuck in the middle of the night and my Kolbi phone had no reception. I had to hike up the hill with my 69 year old mom in the rain in a thunderstorm and when I did get ahold of the hotel they said they could not come get us. FINALLY, the police showed up in a 4x4 truck and pulled my car out and I went back down the hill. I will Never Ever stay at this hotel again and I recommend extreme caution. The grounds amd hotel is nice but if you are using Waze or GPS good luck and taking the right road. Even if you do get lucky and take the correct Road, it's bad. They need to put up signs amd warnings so people do Not go up the wrong road and spend some money for the road that leads to the hotel from the correct way.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Fiji2076, Public Relations Manager at Altura Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear customer,
I am truly sorry for your bad experience, nonetheless there are a couple of things you should be mindfull of, for example there are three different ways to get to the hotel (all of them public streets not private to allows us to pave them), and there is only one partial dirt road which it is not paved the entire trajectory. Therefore we wrote to waze months ago, because of its use by some of our clients and they responded that they would implement some measure to let the users know it wasn´t the best road to use.
Regarding the cellular signal is something we do not have any control over.

Lastly, if you had doubts about the best way to reach the hotel we would have gladly showed you the best way to come up the mountain. With this in mind we consider that your review didn't talk about your stay with us which really interests us, and our readers so we are looking forward to hear from you.

Alejandro Esquivel
PR manager

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Visited this weekend the hotel and I strongly recommend to go to it.
Great guest treatment, delicious typical breakfast.
Amazing views and weather. It is the right place that you really need to visit if you want to stay off of the city noices by just giving an amazing view from the distance having a great stay with the mountains, animals at hotel and much more.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Came in late in the afternoon just as it started to rain. It was foggy and chilly. Altitude is about 8200 feet. The property is beautiful. They have cows, donkeys and chickens. The hotel rooms are an out building, the main house is where they serve breakfast. The view is of towns below.They have a barn/reception which is very nice. This is right around the corner from Poas Volcano which is closed due to eruption last month. The internet was not working when I was there. Felt very remote and out of touch with the rest of the world! As a solo traveler connection was very important! The breakfast was 'typical' and it was the only place that had mango in their fruit salad! Delicious and I wondered why only here, as the country has tons of mango trees! The grounds are beautiful, and they have a fire pit...This was the most expensive hotel I stayed at and do not think it was warranted...

Room Tip: only a couple of rooms. All are good
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2017

The hotel is very close to Volcan Poas, so that it is very easy to be up there very early. The whole complex was made with a lot of love and everybody was really dedicated. The roomes were really big and nice. However, our impression was that they lost the interest or it was just getting to much for them to keep the whole ground up. Due through the climate everything was a little bit wet and smelly. We think that the price was to much compared to other locations in Costa Rica.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Amazing place, amazing view, super friendly staff, great breakfast and and and - the most smazing and uniquely designed rooms.
Very close to the Poas volcano nature park and to the LaPaz falls.
Highly recommended!