3,645 results
All reviews wine bar outdoor shower our honeymoon casita deluxe sushi restaurant costa rica arenal volcano amor loco altamira restaurant granola bars main restaurant private deck golf cart wine pairing dinner swim up bar zip lining rose petals
Reviewed 16 December 2015

We just returned from a 4-night stay at Nayara. It was simply wonderful! Check-in was a breeze, and we were warmly welcomed with a drink and friendly staff. We stayed in a casita which was relatively close to the main building/pool/restaurants but still found it to be quiet and private. The casita itself was lovely and as pictured on the website - we really liked the porch hammock, the huge shower/vanity area, and the outdoor shower. The grounds are very lush/green with beautiful views of the volcano landscape (weather permitting!). We ate at every restaurant during our stay and thought the food ranged from very good to outstanding. We also found the restaurant and drink pricing to be very reasonable. The complimentary breakfast far exceeds what I've experienced at other hotels, and they also offer complimentary wrapped sandwiches/snacks "to go" if you will be out and about during the day. We booked activities, tours, restaurant reservations and spa treatments through the Nayara website - which was simple/efficient - and everything went off without a hitch. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Nayara to anyone looking for a romantic and luxurious vacation.

Reviewed 16 December 2015 via mobile

I'm soooo in love with Nayara.. If I could give it a 10 rating this hotel would so get it. We were first greeted with drinks, always a plus. The hotel staff and ground are all amazing. There is no spot in the hotel that I didn't like. Thought we got a suite with private jecuZi tub on the back porch looking out the garden/forest, very private with a hammock, my favorite was the outdoor shower!! It was amazing and very private. The pool bar and the hot tub made of all wood was also nice with daily happy hour and food was great. We had dinner at all the restaurants and my fave was the Amor, great filet mignon and shrimp brochette! We enjoyed the adults only pool and the spa so much. We couldn't have stayed at a better hotel, so sad I had to leave and wish we could stay longer but we booked very last minute so there was no availability. I cannot wait to go back to Costa Rica and back to Arenal, we will definitely stay at the Nayara again. Thanks everyone, we had an amazing stay!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2015

Nayara is a lovely, luxury hotel in a gorgeous, rainforest setting. Beautiful, well-appointed rooms with every imaginable amenity. Top-notch friendly, helpful staff. Very good food at a variety of restaurants. My husband and I actually cancelled some excursions so we could spend more time on the property! I would recommend this hotel to anyone, including the most seasoned travelers.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

We could only imagine the incredible views from our balcony to the Arenal Volcano which was shrouded in cloud typical weather for early December. Situated a few kms outside La Fortuna it is hard to find too much to fault with the hotel. It is not good if you are a swimmer who likes swimming lengths unless you use the pool at Amor loco, however this is an infinity pool and those swimming lengths displace water over the side creating a lot of noise which is quite irritating for those sunbathing nearby (cloud bathing in our case). It was my wife who was in the pool at the time ruining my peace and quiet! Best food is served at Amor Loco and have the special coffee if only to watch it being made. The musical entertainment on all 3 nights was extremely good. We would also praise the laundry service and hotel guides, it is definitely worth taking one for the hanging bridges.

Room Tip: Beware not all rooms look onto the Arenal volcano and the upgraded rooms are huge as per previous reviews
Reviewed 15 December 2015

Stayed here one night in November before leaving for Pacific coast. Celebrated babymoon and wife's birthday, deluxe casita #10. Beautiful room, incredible deck with lush rainforest views, hammock and jaccuzi. Outdoor shower on other side of casita was the highlight. Dinner at main restaurant was very good, cocktail (Guaro Sour) was literally the best cocktail I have ever tried! Service by Henry was amazing, he gave us personal attention and did not miss any detail. My wife and I both work in the luxury hotel business, and this was an unforgettable experience. These people are absolute pros- I have worked at several Ritz-Carlton properties, all of which could take lessons from this staff in how to provide an exceptional experience. Stay here, and enjoy.

Room Tip: Deluxe Casita was wonderful, surely all rooms there are as well
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple