Stayed here two nights as part of Grand Tour of Costa Rica.
It’s in a beautiful location with excellent views of the Volcanoe and surrounding area. The main buildings consists of the reception area with restaurants And pools nearby The pools are fabulous and heated naturally from the the volcanic therms. There is a swim up bar and the prices are reasonable. The hotel rooms are remote from the main buildings and pool area and of semi-detached chalet style. The pleasant staff will transport you and your luggage on a golf buggy to your room. We located in room 503, 5 blocks, up a-gentle slope from reception. The room looked quite nice, was well appointed with lights, sockets, fridge, TV and coffee maker. There was a walk in shower, which was not the best I have to say, it was a challenge to get it to run consistently with hot water.
One Very bad point, there are electrical outlets placed next to the wash sink. The hair dryer is also mounted in the wall above the sink. This is a very dangerous practice, and I would be surprised if this meets local regulations due the risk of electrocution. The hair dryer itself was a hazard, as it was not blowing, just heating up. Obviously safety testing of appliances is not a priority at this hotel.
The frdge included two tins of beer, two bottles of water and two tins of Pepsi. We consumed both tins of beer and 1 bottle of water neither of which were replenished.
The coffee maker is supplied with just enough coffee to make one pot only, although unlike the beer or water this was replced with a similar quantity the next day.
We didn’t eat dinner at the hotel, the menu prices were quite expensive we noticed. Breakfeast however was excellent and of a traditional Costa Rica Style
In summary the hotel was in beautiful surroundings, with fantastic naturally heated pools. Great service from friendly staff. The rooms also very nice but note my comments regarding electrical safety. I would rate this hotel 4- (minus)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 5 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Agoda, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos