2,949 results
All reviews swim up bar sushi bar hot springs costa rica wet bar golf cart tour desk thermal pools caravan tour main restaurant great view of the volcano breakfast buffet room key beautiful grounds rocking chairs welcome drink zip lining
Reviewed 16 July 2017

I had bought decorations for my daughter's 18th birthday, and then forgot them at home. The staff went out of their way to buy decorations and then they decorated her room. And it looked fabulous! The swim up bar is incredibly fun and the bartenders there are amazing. The views were unbelievable.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Too often you hear folks speaking of 'luxury', 'bespoke', 'boutique', 'quality' and other words that have been utterly denuded of their true meaning by over-populating brochures and web sites with superlatives and words such as these.

Arenal Springs Resort & Spa is genuine quality. Not just because it has all the extras like aircon, big beds, manicured gardens and pools to die for. This hotel tries very very hard to make sure you feel welcomed, comfortable, well fed, pleasantly surprised and relaxed straight away. That's what I want for my hard-earned holiday and Arenal Springs offers it in bucket-loads.

Rooms are comfortable bugalows ranged over the site. Very easy walking to the reception/restaurant/pool area but golf-carts are juts a phonecall away.

Two restaurants cater for all needs plus swim-up pool bar offers snacks and delicious Sushi. The latter offers a surreal paradise for early evening in a rainstorm! Sit on a stool in a hot pool and drink at the bar catching up with the previous day's Wimbledon action. Fabulous!

Breakfast spread is indecently large, other meals equally pleasant.
Two tiny niggles: if I make the effort to book a table in the restaurant, I would prefer not to be stuck right in front of the strip-lights of the kitchen. (We were swiftly moved without fuss when we asked ). Also, and this is something that pervaded all Costa Rican hotels, just because my plate is empty I don't want it whisked away. I assume this is an american trait (??) but we brits prefer that everyone has finished their food before being interrupted by waiting staff. Minor thing, really.

Edward on the tour-booking desk was awesome and we highly recommend the Sloth tour. Reception staff most polite and helpful always.

Praise due and hereby dished out! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Number are 100's, 200's etc. Lowest closest to central complex.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank FarAway809463
Reviewed 14 July 2017

This resort is absolutely perfect!!! My husband and I got married there recently, and everything was above and beyond. We stayed a total of 8 nights, had 41 guests (they didn't stay the whole time), and it was all a dream! First, the resort itself has an exceptional view of the volcano, amazing hot springs, and the most friendly, attentive staff. We spend a lot of time at the swim up bar and the bartender, Rudy, made our times there extra fun. The food and drinks are reasonably priced, and delicious! The master suite was unreal - An outdoor shower, indoor shower, TWO Jacuzzi tubs in the room, and a private hammock. The regular rooms will perfectly comfortable, too. No complaints from our family or friends! Second, the wedding experience was a breeze! So easy to plan, and everything was taken care of. I HIGHLY recommend Arenal Springs as a destination wedding venue. Miguel, the sales manager, took care of everything and was very responsive, both via email and phone. The day of, everything was beautiful, and so much more than I could have imagined. Steven, who took care of us at the rehearsal dinner and reception, was so nice! He always greeted us with a smile and made sure all of our needs were met. All of our guests loved it, too! I can't say enough about our time there. I would get married there again, and again... To the same man, obviously! Haha. Thank you sooo much Arenal Springs! You made our Costa Rican dream wedding a reality. <3

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank abobey11
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Was pleasantly surprised by my stay at Arenal Springs. The grounds are gorgeous and the hotel has a stunning view of Arenal Volcano. There are hot spring pools in the center of the grounds. Very peaceful and serene. The staff was wonderful and very accommodating. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms are kind of like individual cabins spread out across the property. Request a room close so you don't have to walk far.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Impress with the Arenal Springs Resort from the moment we arrived. The entire staff was helpful and made sure our family was comfortable. Customer service was awesome.The grounds are breathtaking and well groomed. The Buffet style breakfast had many choices with a great views. Most important very clean and never crowed. My daughter had a accident, Zip lining and the Arenal staff went out of their way to make sure she received the appropriate medical attention. We had a great experience at Arenal Spring Resort and highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2017