Hotel Lavas Tacotal
USD 304
USD 290
Hotels.com
Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
USD 168
USD 160
  • Breakfast included
Hotel El Silencio del Campo(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
USD 203
USD 195
Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
USD 248
USD 238
Hotel Magic Mountain(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
USD 172
USD 166
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Mountain Paradise(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
USD 142
USD 136
Bookit.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 185/night.

Arenal Hostel Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
USD 72
USD 61
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
USD 226
USD 183
  • Breakfast included
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
USD 375
TripAdvisor
Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
USD 554
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

I have never come to a hotel with 7 guests and have a receptionist tell me at 5 pm, she has to see if there is a room for me.
When I point out that is 5 pm and have a meeting for another activity with no courtesy at all she just said it’s not her problem that I had to wait because they have many clients.
If a hotel overbooks shouldn’t they at least show courtesy? Well no. She just took the phone finished her call and said to the next client how can I help you? Just ignoring my need.
Honestly the hotel might have a nice pool, excellent spa service, but there is no second chance for a first impression and that is how the receptionist “”well-comes””

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Humberto A, other at Hotel Lavas Tacotal, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2018

Dear client

We are always very careful and do not overbook thinking on our clients' We know is very complicated to be altering the travel plans of our customers. This was not your case though, we did have a room available for you and was assigned promptly.

Our staff will always try to acommodate our clients as soon as possible, the satisfaction of all our clients is our top priority. We are sad to see this review when we spoke directly to you and the company you represent and everythign was fine.

Best regards

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a group tour. The view was absolutely beautiful and the staff very friendly. The rooms were clean, but could definitely use some updating. The mattresses look like they were from the 1980s and felt like it too. The water pressure in the shower was the worst I have ever experienced in my life. The water didn't even wet my hair. I had to rinse of using a cup from the tub spout the went straight down along the tub. I couldn't even put my head under the spout due to the flow of the tub.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Humberto A, eCommerce Manager at Hotel Lavas Tacotal, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing details of your stay with all of us here on TripAdvisor. Is for us very important to hear about our clients´ experiences, we listen to every observation and work on them to be able to offer a better service every day.

We are glad you had a good stay and that our staff helped make this happen.

We would love to be able to serve you again in the future and correct whatever was wrong during your fist visit.

Best regards.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

Lavas Tacotal is a good mid-range option in a town where everyone charges too much in exchange for to few services and quality. Lavas tacotal is a no-thrills but friendly place with great views on the Arenal Volcano.

Room Tip: Rooms in the more recent part of the hotel are nicer.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Humberto A, eCommerce Manager at Hotel Lavas Tacotal, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2017

Dear guest

Thank you for selecting us during your visit to La Fortuna, we are glad you had a good stay and that our services and facilities were of your liking.

Our staff will always make you feel welcome and will make sure you have a pleasant stay. We are located in a place where you will feel in touch with nature and enjoy of the most stunning views of the Arenal Volcano.

We thank you for reviewing us and for your recommendations.

Best regards

Reviewed 27 January 2017

The grounds are beautiful, the breakfast was pretty good, and I'm told there's a great view of the volcano however it was pouring buckets the entire time we were here and we couldn't see anything. The storms were so bad that the hotel (and all surrounding hotels and restaurants) lost power. But weather aside, I did quite like the hotel. It's not a walking distance from anything tho.. I recommend staying here if you have access to a car or are okay with taking cabs everywhere you go.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

As said by many others, the place is run down a bit, rooms/bathrooms are spacy and clean as far as we were concerned. Breakfast basic but that seems to be the same everywhere in Costa Rica. Breakfast buffet usually run over by groups the minute they open it, which is at 7. If you are booked on a tour starting at 7:10 forget about breakfast.

Downtown is a 10 min drive, by taxi it is around 6.000 Colones one way.

If you are there just to do some tours and sleep this is a good place to stay.

Staff very friendly.