Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
USD 98
USD 260
USD 248
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
USD 201
USD 104
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
USD 112
USD 109
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Lomas del Volcan(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
USD 123
USD 107
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
USD 112
USD 104
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 126/night.

Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
USD 129
USD 87
Hotels.com
USD 88
USD 85
  • Breakfast included
Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
USD 441
Nayara Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
USD 636
All reviewscosta ricahot tubpool areabeautiful viewstandard roomsouvenir shopmini fridgethe staff was friendly and helpfulhotel is locatedbusy roadclean roomsmain roadenjoyed our stayyogurtlarge bathroomthe hotel offerscoffee maker
Reviewed 4 February 2018

This was a stepping off point for us on a journey all around Costa Rica. The hotel is located below the Arenal volcano in a lush area. Accommodations were very pleasant, neat and clean cabinas surrounded by lovely gardens and all the associated birds and fauna. The beds were typical of Costa Rica: one notch below concrete. They were by no means any worse than any others we encountered in numerous locations, just be on a first name basis with your chiropractor.

The facilities were nice with a large buffet style dining room with a very nice breakfast included. Dinner was likewise quite good, although we tendered to eat in town when we were there.

There is a vey nice swimming pool on site, as well as a hot tub.

Massive souvenir shop on premises with the bog standard selection of trinkets, carvings and t shirts found in any one of many located all over the country.

We had our own vehicle so I cannot comment on getting to local attractions, but there is nothing within walking distance so keep that in mind. The resort is close to the hanging bridges (my favourite Costa Rican spot) with is a 2 mile hike through amazing forests, and dotted with very high suspension bridges. Not for the completely unfit or infirm. The Tabicon hot springs are also fairly close by. All in all I thoroughly enjoyed the two days we were there.

Staff were very nice, and the price was phenomenally good! We stopped in without booking ahead and in spite of all the travel websites saying there was no room left, we got two rooms no problem (a theme to be repeated often... raising many doubts about using travel websites versus contacting hotels directly)

Room Tip: No bad rooms
Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

We got one of the mountain view rooms. Room was just okay. No place to put cloths. We lived out of our suitcases until I brought all the patio furniture in and set cloths on that. There was plenty of room in the room for a shelf or something?!?! Bed was not the best. Room was dusty. Had a great trip to Arenal anyway.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2018

I stayed at LaPradera in January 2018. What a great experience. Great view of Arenal Volcano right across the road. LaFortuna is only 2km away. Tour operators picked me up here for each tour . Excellent restaurant,and bar with very good food. My room was excellent. The hot tube and pool was good . All of the staff was very polite, friendly and helpful. I want to say a special thanks to Jonathan, for taking the time to help me with infomation about the area. Thanks Jonathan for making my stay so special.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2017

Accommodating, attentive, friendly staff, clean room and grounds. Nice breakfast choices. Delicious dinners. Same menu for lunches. In room refrigerator was nice. Wifi, pool. I liked the location and the FAMILY OWNED property. I enjoyed having my kids here. The experience I was looking for was safe but the goal was not to stay at a place with too many comforts. I did NOT want to stay at a large complex. This was perfect for my family. It was a bit out of town, too far to safely walk (about 20-5 min with much of it with no buffer from traffic) but taxis were easy to get. We were too far to walk to the thermal pools or hanging bridges but it was easy to arrange transport.
I would stay again. I would recommend it. My only detraction, was the mattress was firm for my taste, it might not bother someone else. I didnt have any issues with noise mentioned by others.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2017

We enjoyed our stay here, had dinner in the restaurant twice very good quality food and very pleasant service.
Breakfast is not buffet style but good choice on the menu and freshly prepared.
The town of La fortuna is 20 minutes away on foot with a nice church and park worth a visit.
Bedrooms are of good size and have a fridge, views of the volcano from our bedroom terrace were very special
Thermal water pools in the area are excellent and in my opinion a must visit, go for half day at least and make the best of it.

Room Tip: All the rooms have stunning views of the volcano
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple